• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

Ok---PF is going to dig his heels in--I have given my opinion

However--to summarise & reccollect- for those not following this discussion - I detail below what the issues are:

PF has been offered over £7,400 on 9 loans--but Loan 1 is being discussed here

1--On Loan 1-Pf has a copy of the agreement

2--We have a detailed calculation sheet for this Loan 1 with details of the goodwill offer of £806 (18 payments PF not 14)

3--Based upon Rule of 78 Theory--If Pf Settled the loan for approx £4,570 he would be due back approx £851 + 8% which would be a total of £1,540 EXTRA on top of the £800-ish

The issue being discussed is that Co-op have both ignored this "possible settlement" & also are thwarting his attempts to get to the bottom of it via a formal DSAR

Turbo
    Last edited by Turboman; 15th November 2010, 23:01:PM.

Comment

and when was this? Mainly, when was Loan Account 1 deemed closed?

Will have to dig my paperwork out wendy to find the exact date. will do in morning as I'm getting tired now
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Will have to dig my paperwork out wendy to find the exact date. will do in morning as I'm getting tired now
        [/color][/left]

October 2000 PF

Comment

I have asked this all along and will ask again. What laws would your solicitors be able to use for getting information on a "closed account" that was closed over 10 years ago? I know for even Tax puposes a business is usually required (reasonable) to keep records for 7 years.... if a judge can "make" a firm go back further then surely this opens up for all to get redress's on accounts going back 20, 30 years or more.... ???? You mention a solicitor is the way to go on this so they must know what laws they are using.
          Last edited by marshallka; 16th November 2010, 07:53:AM.

Comment

October 2000 no where did you get that from the loan account was not closed until 2009 and perhaps the question be why did they close the account as surely that has to be unlawful given that there was enough redress to settle this loan

sigpic

Comment

the loan account has been active thoughout the account number is the same on all loans bar to extra digets which again are the same on some
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              oh and i have never had a termination notice
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 16th November 2010, 09:31:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

marshy i have not contacted a solicitor yet merely stated that an LBA from one may make them see sence and perhaps a 1 hr consultation with one will tell me if there are any laws that can be used and what are the chances of winning on the strength of the evidance i already have

sigpic

Comment

October 2000 no where did you get that from the loan account was not closed until 2009 and perhaps the question be why did they close the account as surely that has to be unlawful given that there was enough redress to settle this loan

From the detailed calculation sheets--see post 511

Date of rebate/settlement 9/10/2000 (Loan 2 sheet also gives an opening date of 23/11/2000)

This is a closed loan PF--you are effectively challenging the £0.00 in boxes
                  • n (PPI Rebate)
                  • & box p (Settlement Amount)

Comment

So you are treating all loans (every one) as a long running loan I assume and only as "one" loan so no seperate terms and conditions etc or seperate CCA only the first one? I see what you are trying to achieve now PF. Don't know how this works though??? You are thinking in line with you never actually closed the first account and just kept adding to it - is that what you are saying???

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                      So you are treating all loans (every one) as a long running loan I assume and only as "one" loan so no seperate terms and conditions etc or seperate CCA only the first one? I see what you are trying to achieve now PF. Don't know how this works though??? You are thinking in line with you never actually closed the first account and just kept adding to it - is that what you are saying???

Completely Illogical thinking PF--if you don't mind me saying

Its Simples as Alexander would say--9 separate independent loans

Missing info for Loan 1

Simples

Comment

For what its worth, I believe that banks keep records for at least 12 years, probably even to when they started using computers and, they kept ledgers prior to that.

We know that RBS/NWest retain information and also we know about their ghost/router accounts...

The following may be of interest:
                        http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007...onsumeraffairs

Perhaps, involving your MP may be of assistance?

There have been many OTR, who have been successful in obtaining old statements, prior to six years.

However, I would caution against spending too much money on legal advice; you have to weigh up the pros and cons, though.

Comment

Turbs thanks so if the bank gave that date but have no records they must be taking a guess by virtue of the opening of the second yes ?

sigpic

Comment

Turbs thanks so if the bank gave that date but have no records they must be taking a guess by virtue of the opening of the second yes ?

Quite possibly---that could be why they have agreed 18 payments which co-incides

Buggar--I keep advising you to accept --- then I keep summarising things for you which helps your case!!!!

Comment

turbs ty and no i dont mind as i am a tough cookie maybe too tough right im about to send of the letter above but still very much mindful of the 15 Dec so if i still here nothing by 1st Dec ill instruct fos that im accepting Ok

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                                Completely Illogical thinking PF--if you don't mind me saying

Its Simples as Alexander would say--9 separate independent loans

Missing info for Loan 1

Simples
                                But PF was saying that the loan was active throughout and he does not have a termination notice? And also the account numbers are the same...??
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                                Quite possibly---that could be why they have agreed 18 payments which co-incides

Buggar--I keep advising you to accept --- then I keep summarising things for you which helps your case!!!!
                                So in court would that not be the law of probablility???
                                Last edited by marshallka; 16th November 2010, 10:08:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X