• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

Oh, forgot to mention there's a note at the bottom of the spready which needs looking at - wasn't quite sure where to put a couple of bits and pieces.

Comment

Can you pop creditors names in please Bob. I'll transfer it all over to a CFS sheet for you (the ones CAB / banks etc use)

The list of creditors and outstanding amounts can you paste that in here and put a brief description of whats the current position on each of these. Then we can go through work out what is likely to happen with each. Proportional repayments is going to be tough and depending who the creditors are you'll probably get a few claiming in court against you and trying charging orders. Just try not to let things get on top of you - it is, when it comes down to it, only money.

Are you stuck in a fixed term with your mortgage? ie anyway to get payments lowered on that (switching to interest only while things are sticky etc?) Do you have much equity in the house?

Other thing, have you checked on your child tax credits award recently, seems a little low for 2 kids on your income. Roughly I'd expect it to be another £20 a month. not a great deal but every little helps.
      Last edited by Amethyst; 7th June 2009, 16:12:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

CFS Sheet attached

Expenditure is fine, no triggers flagged so should be accepted by creditors

any changes needed let me know - and please can you do the list of creditors and current situation. also if you can remember dates they were taken out
        Last edited by Amethyst; 8th June 2009, 12:01:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry about the delay, you must be thinking that I'm either beyond help or not wanting any!!! I assure you that any help and support is appreciated - I'm just finding it hard still to deal with this (especially with the amount of work I have on).

I've attached the spreadsheet with the creditors names listed, corrected a couple of errors I made and also went through and looked up when the accounts were opened.

A question. Last week a slip was put through the door by the Post Office as there was no one home to sign for a letter. I have a feeling that it is the re-issued Court Summons from Northern Rock, now that they have refunded the PPI, as they said they would be doing this. I haven't been able to go to the Post Office as I have no transport - if I am correct and this is the Summons, what will happen if I don't acknowledge in time, even though the letter is not signed for as having been received?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comment

I have been informed if it is not acknowledged, it will be deemed served after 5 days.

Comment

call the post office and arrange redlivery or forwarding of the letter.

Looking at your IE sheet

and don't worry we'll all bear with you just please don't let all this sink you xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Whens your CAB appt ?

Northern Rock Loan

HFC Bank Loan

Loans - northern rock you have the claim for you think - the PPI and interest has already been refunded so its basically an admission and offer to pay (propotionally based on IE sheet) and possibly charge order depending what they are after.

HFC offer proportional payments as per IE sheet. any PPI/charges ?

Barclaycard C/C

Capital One C/C

Egg C/C

Marbles C/C

MBNA Europe C/C

Mint C/C

RBS C/C

Credit Cards
                - so proportional payments, reclaim charges /PPI, but CCA them first. I think I'd do CCA then those that are okay send a reclaim all charges / PPI please letter as per Tools barclaycard thread and offer proportional payments while you are struggling.

HBOS O/D

Overdraft - are you still using this account or is it just sitting there building up charges ? Obviously you can ask for a repayment arrangement on this based on your proportional payments as shown on the IE sheet. Will probably get chucked over to a DCA at some point. Also of course hardship charges claim.

Creation Finance

Littlewoods

Studio

CATALOGUES - we can send CCA requests to these and ditch the balances - have asked Tools to have a look and help you with those. Studio are pretty simple to sort out, Littlewoods are too as I recall

hope that helps a little for the moment, we'll help with letters etc but i know at the moment you just want it all to go away and hand it over to someone like CAB or CCCS to sort for you. Just basic thoughts above where to head next, but really depends what you do want to do.

Also be helpful to know approx whats your mortgage at now and how much is the house valued at ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Bob, as Ame has already mentioned I will help you with Studio etc they are easy to deal with just persistent and you can pretty much forget about the £700 odd you owe them so don't stress.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Ame,
                    Thanks for the response, I'll have to try and get to PO Friday to pick up letter - best I can do. Just hope it's not too late.

I'm still waiting to be contacted by CAB for an appointment, worrying me that they haven't contacted me to be honest because I posted my paperwork to them over a week ago.

Loans - I normally put a decent letter together but head is too frazzled - are there any templates for offering proportional payments?

C/Cs - I really don't know what to do with this. I know the CCA route is the way to go but haven't the energy for a fight - already taken on MBNA, Crap One and Marbles over charges.

Overdraft - Still using the account

Catalogues - Look forward to hearing from you Tools!!

House value - £185K

Mortgage - £127K

Hope that's everything!!!!
                    Last edited by BOBSCOUSE; 17th June 2009, 19:24:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi bob

Think you might have missed the boat with your letter at the PO - they usually return to sender after a week. Might be an idea if you can call them and give them a day/time you can pick it up. They should also tell you whether or not they still have it!

jaxx

Comment

Bob, is that Studio account still active or has it now become a chased debt on a suspended account?
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hope you have some stamps

Ask Your Creditors to Accept Pro Rata Offers of Payment on Your Debts

Dear Sir/Mr

Re: Your Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We wish to inform you of a recent change to our circumstances and as such we are unable to maintain the present level of repayments. [Add an explanation here, keep it brief and in one paragraph if possible].

Please find enclosed an Income and Expenditure sheet (here) which details our current position. As is clearly shown, the total amount available for us to repay our creditors has now become significantly reduced.

In view of our circumstances, we have written to all our creditors to ask that they agree to accept reduced monthly payments and that any interest and charges currently being applied to the account be frozen to enable the debt to be repaid as quickly as possible.

To this end, we request that you agree to installments of of £............ per month.

We would like to assure you that it was never our intention to renege on our financial responsibilities and as such, should our circumstances improve, we will contact you immediately with a revised installment offer.

Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

CCA request letter (for C/C companies and Catalogues - enclose £1 cheque/postal order)

Ask your creditor for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Your Address

Date

Company Name
                          Address
                          Dear Sir/Madam

Ref:− Your Reference

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Your Name

Last edited by Tools; 18th June 2009, 17:33:PM.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

overdraft - how are you for charges on that ?

depends how things are managing at the mo but it might be an idea to ditch the account, get out of the mindset of playing catch up and start over with a new account - ditch the debts and play the chess game without stressing too much :kiss:

If there are charges we can try hardship claim but obv will need a bit more on your circumstances.

Along with the prop repayment and cca letters you willl also want to send pay me my charges back letters to the c/c companies - i would personally to get the ball rolling use similar to Tools in Tools v Barclaycard ( Overlimit / Late Payment Charges ) **Refunded In 9 Days** - Legal Beagles thread
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 18th June 2009, 09:26:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Ame,
                              I'm just working through the letters now - should kill a few hours!!!
                              Could you please redo a pdf version of the cfs, with the most recent figures I gave in the excel sheet on 16th June. I can print out then for attachment to the small amount of letters I'm doing.
                              Thanks for all your help.

Btw - my bank account overdraft is on the account I currently use. Lots of charges on it over the last year (about £1K) and I have a claim which I got to LBA stage on for older charges (same account) to a value of about £12.5K (using the old spreadys from RUC - but we won't talk about that, will we Budgie!!!!!). I couldn't afford to start court claim on it and the stays had just been introduced at the time so rather than get the claim into the system and pay out money I didn't have I imposed a "stay" of my own.

Not keen to move account now as HBOS have changed their charges and the current system I am finding a lot cheaper at £1 a day IF I have anything default on the account. As I havent been paying anything bar token payments to all non-priority debts there haven't been many £'s charged to me in the last few months.

Comment

Will redo the CFS sheet for you and upload here this evening.

your bank claim - do you want to have a stab under hardship ? obviously the arguments over CCI will be held till after test case but the charges you can try for if they will help.

Now if you are already making token payments to the creditors is that on an agreed repayment plan basis or just minimum payments under the agreements ? If there are specific problems with any of them, or with any of your priority debts/living expenses then let us know. Otherwise if you already got them to stop charges/interest etc and accept minimum payments theres not much point rocking the seesaw. Oh and we'll need the state of priority debts for any hardship claim anyways
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X