• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shooters claim for PPI from LLoyds Credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shooters claim for PPI from LLoyds Credit card

Thanks PKea
    I am more than willing to wait a few days for a decent PPi letter

so Knock yourself out and I will hold fire until youi post it up

I really appriciate your help in this, as I said in an earlier post I am new to PPi reclaiming and will greatfully accept help from those more qualified than me

I look forward to hearing from you

Shooter x
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

I am new to PPi reclaiming and will greatfully accept help from those more qualified than me
      we all started out with no experience, so feel free to put your views in.
      looking at your PPI claims you've got set up, you'll soon be experienced with them and be helping others to claim

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
        we all started out with no experience, so feel free to put your views in.
        looking at your PPI claims you've got set up, you'll soon be experienced with them and be helping others to claim

I sincerely hope so

xx
        Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Just to let you know, I am working on this as I am about to revitalise a couple of my larger ppi claims, so I have a vested interest in getting a good letter drafted up.

PKea

Comment

many thanks for this I appreciate your help and look forward to seeing what you come up with

shooter x

Comment

Just to keep you informed, I have done a draft version and I'm just in the process of tidying it up, so it should be on the forum by the end of the week.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                  8% is only added if you are forced to file a claim at court and I certainly would not give them 8 weeks.
                  The reference to 8 weeks is the timescale the FOS expect you to give to a firm to sort out the request or issue a final response. I wouldn't state it in a letter though as would give them a prelim for 14 days then a LBA for a further 14 days and tell them you either want them to respond positively or issue you with a final response.

That way if they let you have a final response you can go to the FOS anyway prior to 8 weeks or if they don't you would just need to hold fire until the 8 weeks had passed to then make your complaint to FOS or file at court.

Its worth not just saying your going to FOS in a reply let them also think you may choose court from the outset. That way it will not be a surprise if you disagree with the FOS decision and chose to take it to court at a later date.

JMHO.

Comment

PPI has been updated now, The links are in my signature below

Comment

Hi Pkea,

I have added some details to make Your letter more personal to me.

Could you take a look for me and tell me what you think.

I have recently been looking at the Account paperwork (reference above) supplied by you in response to My SAR in July 2007, and have noted that Payment Protection Insurance premiums have been charged to the card by you.

I am now of the belief that I was mis-sold this policy due to the fact that my review of the paperwork for my credit card I now believe that I have been paying insurance that I was unaware I had taken out and indeed PPI on my credit card was never discussed with me. Had it have been I would not have agreed to take out this policy.

What I expect from you is justification that the policy was suitable for me based on my circumstances and an explanation as to how your suitability criteria works. If you cannot justify this to my satisfaction I request a full refund of all premiums paid to date as well as interest on these payments.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect an interest element to be added to each sum, at a suitable rate and using a suitable calculation method, as a compensatory gesture.

In respect of cancellation of a policy may I draw your attention to the following reports from the FSA, namely, 'The sale of payment protection insurance - results of thematic work, November 2005' & 'The Sale of Payment Protection Insurance - results of follow-up thematic work, October 2006'' that state "When consumers cancel the PPI without repaying the loan, some firms will need to reissue the loan without the PPI. Firms should ensure they treat their customers fairly in relation to the terms on which they reissue the loan.” This means that any new loan is on the same or better terms and does not detriment me in any way and that this is to be done without making a new search on my credit file

I expect a swift response to this letter within 14 days, containing either your full justification or notice that you will be refunding these payments.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will issue another letter notifying you of my intention to take further action if the matter is not resolved within a further 14 days. After this limit has passed I will be either contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint or issuing court proceedings.

Great Thread BTW

Shooter x

Comment

"When consumers cancel the PPI without repaying the loan, some firms will need to reissue the loan without the PPI. Firms should ensure they treat their customers fairly in relation to the terms on which they reissue the loan.”

Would this apply as its a credit card balance and not a pre-agreed loan? Or does it just mean they can't jack up the interest rate on your card cos you've cancelled the PPI?
                        Is no longer here

Comment

I will have a look over the weekend and give it a bit of a tweak, but the main points are there

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                            "When consumers cancel the PPI without repaying the loan, some firms will need to reissue the loan without the PPI. Firms should ensure they treat their customers fairly in relation to the terms on which they reissue the loan.”

Would this apply as its a credit card balance and not a pre-agreed loan? Or does it just mean they can't jack up the interest rate on your card cos you've cancelled the PPI?
                            This applies to loans unfortunately not credit / store cards

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                              I will have a look over the weekend and give it a bit of a tweak, but the main points are there

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for your reply

Shooter x

Comment

I have had a tweak, see what you think

I have recently been looking at the statements and paperwork for my credit card (reference above) supplied by you in response to a Subject Access Request, dated July 2007, and have noted that Payment Protection Insurance premiums have been charged to the card.

I believe that I was mis-sold this policy due to the fact that I have been paying for insurance that I was unaware I had taken out, as PPI on my credit card was never discussed with me. If it had been discussed I would not have agreed to it.

What I expect from you is justification that the policy was suitable for me based on my circumstances and an explanation as to how your suitability criteria works. If you cannot justify this to my satisfaction I request a full refund of all premiums paid to date as well as interest on these payments.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect an interest element to be added to each sum, at a suitable rate and using a suitable calculation method, as a compensatory gesture.

In respect of cancellation of a policy may I draw your attention to the following reports from the FSA, namely, 'The sale of payment protection insurance - results of thematic work, November 2005' & 'The Sale of Payment Protection Insurance - results of follow-up thematic work, October 2006'' that state "When consumers cancel the PPI without repaying the loan, some firms will need to reissue the loan without the PPI. Firms should ensure they treat their customers fairly in relation to the terms on which they reissue the loan.” This means that any new loan is on the same or better terms and does not detriment me in any way and that this is to be done without making a new search on my credit file

I expect a swift response to this letter within 14 days, containing either your full justification or notice that you will be refunding these payments.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will issue another letter notifying you of my intention to take further action if the matter is not resolved within a further 14 days. After this limit has passed I will be either contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint or issuing court proceedings.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X