• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New CMC Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New CMC Rules

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
    Firstly I am not making it sound like anything it was a Quote.

Secondly as above the quote says quite clearly that CMC's in general provide no real purpose.

I am not trying to defend CMC's I despise them always have.

Is it that i have stepped on someones sacred turf here, you do not have the monopoly on here for disliking CMCs you know.

And by the way you still haven't illustrated where i was in error.

I don't understand what you mean about stepping on sacred turf, sorry.
    I also don't understand why the Law Society should be asking such a question, they must know that solicitors are often involved with CMCs and in a lot of the T&Cs sent to customers it will name them. If CMCs serve no purpose to help with a claim such as PPI why would a solicitor need to be involved?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      I don't understand what you mean about stepping on sacred turf, sorry.
      I also don't understand why the Law Society should be asking such a question, they must know that solicitors are often involved with CMCs and in a lot of the T&Cs sent to customers it will name them. If CMCs serve no purpose to help with a claim such as PPI why would a solicitor need to be involved?
      I find it difficult to understand your problem with what they have said in the quote.
      They say that cmc's effectively serve no purpose, isn't that what we have also been saying.

I also find it difficult to understand why there is the hostility to my initial post and link on the subject when it effectively supports the arguments against CMCs.

Comment

I don't think there is anything hostile on here just a discussion imho, as always though it's words and the way you read them.

I know the Law Society are trying to say there is not much need for CMCs, a statement issued well after the horse has bolted.
        Yes we are all saying there is no need for CMCs and have been since near the beginning of the PPI scandal, no one more so than Martin Lewis again getting the info to the public. Fact is though the people who regulate these companies and license them either do not know how they carry on their business or turn a blind eye to it.
        Once again as with bank charges it has taken years and a lot of people being hurt financially for them to try and rectify matters.
        So if I sound bitter it is because I am, not against you lol but against all the so called professionals who we trust to make sure we are treated fairly and transparently in our financial and legal dealings who constantly let us down and rip us off.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X