• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New CMC Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CMC Rules

From 8 July 2013 CMC several major rules changes come into effext including the requirement for CMCs to have their contracts with consumers signed before they can charge any fee.

New rules attached.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: New CMC Rules

Exc- just to let you know I have copied and stickied this post -and that I was unable to sticky your actual post

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    From 8 July 2013 CMC several major rules changes come into effext including the requirement for CMCs to have their contracts with consumers signed before they can charge any fee.

New rules attached.

Comment

Thank you me dear.

Comment

'I think it is also time to have a debate about the services provided by CMCs to determine what purpose they serve. In my experience many CMCs are surplus to any real need. For example, you do not need a CMC to manage a PPI claim for you so why do consumers agree for CMCs to act for them? I think there are probably a mixture of reasons why people instruct them but rarely would I envisage that the outcome of a CMC-represented claim will be any more favourable than doing it yourself.'

More discussion here http://www.emailhosts.com/ct/ctcount...11991800267459

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
          'I think it is also time to have a debate about the services provided by CMCs to determine what purpose they serve. In my experience many CMCs are surplus to any real need. For example, you do not need a CMC to manage a PPI claim for you so why do consumers agree for CMCs to act for them? I think there are probably a mixture of reasons why people instruct them but rarely would I envisage that the outcome of a CMC-represented claim will be any more favourable than doing it yourself.'

More discussion here http://www.emailhosts.com/ct/ctcount...11991800267459
          I don't think that the above comment on the link you posted acurately describes why people use CMCs. People don't buy the services of CMCs, they are sold them.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            I don't think that the above comment on the link you posted acurately describes why people use CMCs. People don't buy the services of CMCs, they are sold them.
            The quote came directly from the law society website, (I get notification on new stories)

I will forward your comment to them. Any way you are incorrect lots of people buy services from CMC's

Comment

The quote came directly from the law society website, (I get notification on new stories)

I will forward your comment to them. Any way you are incorrect lots of people buy services from CMC's
              You are also incorrect lots of people have money stolen by CMCs without getting any service at all, please pass that on to the Law Society.

Comment

Any way you are incorrect lots of people buy services from CMC's
                More than any other industry sector I can think of Claims Management is a sales driven industry. It does not exist through natural consumer demand or by way of informed consumer choice but by relentless high pressure sales campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                  You are also incorrect lots of people have money stolen by CMCs without getting any service at all, please pass that on to the Law Society.
                  I am not incorrect, it is a stupid argument.

I am not saying that people generally get a good service from them, but people do contact them in the first instance, as EXC says it is generally driven by advertisement, but what consumer service or product isn't.

Comment

Please explain how my comments on this thread are "incorrect".

Comment

GT, Many thousands of people were contacted and all cold called by some unscrupulous CMC's took huge upfront deposits, never did any work and have now gone into administration owing millions to their clients.If you had been following some of the threads on here you would have a completely different view. We have been in contact with the MOJ+TS and had face to face meetings trying to help them sort the bad ones out giving a bad name for the industry. We have been dealing with many people who have been conned into parting with loads of dosh. There was even a debate in parliment which was just about this type of behaviour.

The big one that went first was called Cartel Client Review - they went down owing 20 million, This is the latest one Cento Client Review http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=16630 they have gone down owing millions ££££££££ of up fron fees. Similar names and same scam. We are picking up the pieces on this one as they left a legacy of problems.

I also understand that there are some good CMC's but the ones that we have come accross have done some pretty awful stuff leaving many folk in the lurch which the MOJ do not automatically suspend them, consequently they run a mock before the MOJ close them down.

The thing here is the MOJ get a fee when they join and no background checks are done - they told us that - they pay the fee and they give their authorisation to trade. The MOJ also take a share of their turnover yes.... so that make s them want tio keeo a CMC still in business in my books this makes them complicit in the scam.

These are my views dealing with the people that have been scammed and those that lost thousands by being sold a pig in a poke.
                      Last edited by TUTTSI; 11th April 2013, 09:25:AM.

Comment

It was asked in your quote 'what purpose CMCs serve' well in the case of PPI claims the purpose was mainly to line their own pockets, as we have seen over and over again on the different forums. You are making it sound like people would actually go looking for a CMC when I suspect 99% get a phone call, see it on tv or in the press and are TOLD they are due money back. So to me that simply means that instead of you going to look to buy the service of a CMC they are in fact cold calling etc to sell you their so called service.
                        Why would they instruct a CMC to act for them? possibly because after the sales pitch and the fact they have taken money from your account already, not given you a cooling off period or followed any rules they are supposed, to the consumer feels they are obliged to carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                          GT, Many thousands of people were contacted and all coldcalled by some unscrupulous CMC's took huge upfront deposits, never did any work and have now gone into administration owing millions to their clients.If you had been following some of the threads on here you would have a completely different view. We have been in contact with the MOJ+TS and had face to face meetings trying to help them sort the bad ones out giving a bad name for the industry. We have been dealing with many people who have been conned into parting with loads of dosh. There was even a debate in parliment which was just about.

The big one that went first was Cartel Client Review - they went down owing 20 million,

I also understand that there are some good CMC's but the ones that we have come accross have done some pretty awful stuff leaving many folk in the lurch.

Tutsi.
                          I have been fighting like Cartell, ByE BYe Creidt and many many other CMC's long before these threads on here commenced, I know full well what CMCs do.
                          I am not aware of any good CMC's, i never said that there were any.

My initial post said that, "CMCs are surplus to any real need".

Comment

It was asked in your quote 'what purpose CMCs serve' well in the case of PPI claims the purpose was mainly to line their own pockets, as we have seen over and over again on the different forums. You are making it sound like people would actually go looking for a CMC when I suspect 99% get a phone call, see it on tv or in the press and are TOLD they are due money back. So to me that simply means that instead of you going to look to buy the service of a CMC they are in fact cold calling etc to sell you their so called service.
                            Why would they instruct a CMC to act for them? possibly because after the sales pitch and the fact they have taken money from your account already, not given you a cooling off period or followed any rules they are supposed, to the consumer feels they are obliged to carry on.

Firstly I am not making it sound like anything it was a Quote.

Secondly as above the quote says quite clearly that CMC's in general provide no real purpose.

I am not trying to defend CMC's I despise them always have.

Is it that i have stepped on someones sacred turf here, you do not have the monopoly on here for disliking CMCs you know.

And by the way you still haven't illustrated where i was in error.

Comment

GT with that I agree with you and if we had to have CMC's I think it would be fairer if the MOJ were not getting a cut of the turnover as they are endorsing the behaviour that we are now and have over the last 4-5 years stop and it would also be fairer if the MOJ did some background checks first on these CMC's and ensured that any fees that were refundable are put in a client account like a solicitors client account. This money only belongs to a CMC once they find that the client has been mis-sold PPI or has credit card charges and Mortgage charges which can be challenged.

Tutsi.
                              I have been fighting like Cartell, ByE BYe Creidt and many many other CMC's long before these threads on here commenced, I know full well what CMCs do.
                              I am not aware of any good CMC's, i never said that there were any.

My initial post said that, "CMCs are surplus to any real need".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X