• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

Originally posted by littlesammy View Post
    well,ill let you know,ive just shelled out the cash,filled in the forms,all with a gaurantee that if i have no claim i will get a full refund,what is there to lose!!

Nothing according to that statement, makes you wonder why they couldn't look if you had a claim and then charged you :beagle:

Comment

Hi Guys Think Ive Been Conned Did A Silly Thing Took A Cold Call From A Company Called Redress Claims Saying They Could Get Me Monies Owed To Me From My Cc Company Also My Mort Company They Were Very Convincing Talked The Talk Authorised By Moj Anyway I Got Sucked In Let Them Talk Me Into Giving My Cc Details £1675 Taken Said It Would Be Paid Back To My Acc If They Didnt Take My Case Wish I Had Done Some Research Before I Agreed Dont Like What Im Findding About These Companys This Was A Week Ago Still Havent Recieved The Paper Work From Them Going To Phne Them Tomorrow See If I Can Cancel As Im Still In The 14 Days Cooling Off Period Dont Fancy My Chances Though Checked Them Out On Companies House Web Site Seem To Have Come Into Existance 11/2007 This Is Now Their third Name Change Also Moved About Abit Also Sent Me An E-mail About Customer Info.
      Last edited by BEENCONNED; 3rd October 2010, 23:03:PM. Reason: MISSSPELLING

Comment

Hi Beenconned

Yes you do need to send the pack back normally within 14 days. Sadly these packs normally arrive late not allowing you the chance. So at this time you have paid and have not even seen or agreed to the terms and conditions.

I would also keep everything in writing either by email or post as they could deny that you called or try and sweet talk you arround.

Also, if you paid by credit card you may have some redress sorry excuse the pun as it was not intended.

Claiming both credit cards is extremely easy and some of our members have received refunds in under 9 days, Please have a read of a Credit Card Section. Mortgages normally you have to do the initial work by sending a Subject Access Request to obtain all your charges, write to you mortgage company and request these charges back, if they flately refuse send your complaint bto the FOS and they will take this up free of charge. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=33

please also have a read here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=17444

I have to say that we have had many members on here who have not seen the return of their money depite being told they were entitled to get everything back and these peeps have never seen any of the claims materialise that these CMC company promised them.

Please keep us posted.

Tuttsi
        Last edited by TUTTSI; 4th October 2010, 06:20:AM.

Comment

Hi I have just had a call from the address in Swansea mentioned and they are now calling themselves LIFESTYLE CLAIMS, they came out with the same sales bunff as others have previously said. They wanted an upfront fee of £399 and would only get any money from me if they managed to claim more than £3300 back for me, the fee would then be 33%. I stated I would be seeing my financial advisor tomorrow and would ask him to look into the company and asked them to phone back tomorrow. We will wait and see!!!

Comment

Well that is their 3rd company trading name in just over 19 months.

It is entirely your choice if you have a spare £399 to wait and see if or not they can make a claim for you. Did they give you a time limit before they would refund if they could not obtain a refund?

As part of the Ministry of Justice rules for holding a licence they must not cold call you and also they must not take up front fees? here two of the rules appear to be broken.

If they were so keen that you have a claim why can they not check it out first and then if there is then make a charge accordingly to me that makes much more sense and their are other CMC's that do not take up front fees.

Also, as a matter of interest what did they say that they can back for you?

For instance some of our members have sent a simple letter to reclaim bank charges and they have received this in a matter of 9 days or less. You then would receive 100% of the charges back. Have a look through our credit card forums for an idea of how to claim and what other members have experienced. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=33

If you need any further help just let us know.

Tuttsi

Comment

Just come accross this bit of information from the Ministry of Justice that 200 Claims Management Firms have now been closed down for breaking the rules. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=17653

Comment

Hi,

I have just been cold called by Client Connection Ltd, as with so many others on here I was asked for £299+vat up front with which they would then send me a legal pack which I would need to return then they would get me money back through mis-sold PPI. My debts are quite extensive and any way of helping to reduce them welcome, however the money up front was quite an issue with me so I told them to give me 24hrs while I "dwell" on it.

From what I have read so far, this can be achieved by doing it yourself??

Thanks,

burley81.

Comment

Hi Burley

Please have a good look through the forums and if you need any help please just shout. Also have a look at the thread very importantly http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=24880 which is about the latest updates on PPI judicial review and potential hold on claims.

Tuttsi
                  Originally posted by burley81 View Post
                  Hi,

I have just been cold called by Client Connection Ltd, as with so many others on here I was asked for £299+vat up front with which they would then send me a legal pack which I would need to return then they would get me money back through mis-sold PPI. My debts are quite extensive and any way of helping to reduce them welcome, however the money up front was quite an issue with me so I told them to give me 24hrs while I "dwell" on it.

From what I have read so far, this can be achieved by doing it yourself??

Thanks,

burley81.

Comment

If this company phone, just say you are not interested and hang up.
                    It is not a desirable company to be doing business with!
                    I previously worked there a few months back , but I left because I could not stand trying to rip people off for a service they can do themselves, or even use a CMC who do not take an upfront fee.
                    People who worked there longer informed me the Fee just kept increased; over the 3 months I was there (had to make a living sorry guys til I found a better job) it went from 299 to 350!!
                    Be warned people!

Comment

hi folks im really worried just over 3 wks ago i paid claims connection ltd 352 pound to look into my credit card and my mortgage to see if i could claim back any fees.i have returned my pack i recieved with my credit card details and mortgage account details should i cancell my credit card?and contact the bank?help

Comment

Basically you should have done your homework first as you only had 14 days to obtain a refund.

Credit cards is a simple letter for a refund and many of our members have reclaimed these in under 9 days, it would not have cost you anything like £352 whilst mortgages are more difficult but going through the FOS route once you have written to the mortgage provider and they disagree with you you then send your claim to the FOS.

It looks like they are now VAT registered as the fee you have quoted is £300 + £52.50 VAT. Have a look at our credit card section especial Barclaycard http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=33

Did they cold call you?

Did they ask you for an upfront fee?

The Ministry of Justice's web site clearly states that Claims management Companies must not cold call and also must not charge upfront fees.

This is an excert from the Ministry of Justices Web site.

Authorised businesses that offer to help you make a compensation claim must follow strict conduct rules. For example, they must:
                        • not ‘cold call’ in person, or engage in any form of high pressure selling;
                        • give you written information on how you can pursue a claim and the costs involved before a contract is agreed;
                        • allow a ‘cooling off’ period of at least 14 days after you sign a contract in case you change your mind;
                        • operate a customer complaints scheme.

Originally posted by dani View Post
                        hi folks im really worried just over 3 wks ago i paid claims connection ltd 352 pound to look into my credit card and my mortgage to see if i could claim back any fees.i have returned my pack i recieved with my credit card details and mortgage account details should i cancell my credit card?and contact the bank?help
                        Last edited by TUTTSI; 20th October 2010, 17:42:PM.

Comment

Yeah they did call me about 8 times and they took my money over the phone before any paperwork was sent out.I spoke to ministry of justice a few hours ago and they have logged that they should not have taken money without sending me the paperwork first.i also mentioned about claiming for mortgage fees and he replied that this is very rare that people get a result regarding mortgage fees.I was told by client connection that should they not be a claim to be made that i would recieve a refund for 300 pound.I guess im just going to have to wait and hope all my own fault i should have done my research.

Comment

Just a quick question you have cooling off period is that from the moment the money is taken or when you sign the contract?

Comment

Yes you are right you should get your money back if and when they decide there is no claim available to you. So the question I ask is how long is a piece of string?

We have many members who are still waiting for this to happen.

You will have to refer to the terms and conditions you signed to regarding when the 14 days starts. I understood it was from the moment you paid and in my opinion it should start from the time you receive the pack.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help.

Originally posted by dani View Post
                              Yeah they did call me about 8 times and they took my money over the phone before any paperwork was sent out.I spoke to ministry of justice a few hours ago and they have logged that they should not have taken money without sending me the paperwork first.i also mentioned about claiming for mortgage fees and he replied that this is very rare that people get a result regarding mortgage fees.I was told by client connection that should they not be a claim to be made that i would recieve a refund for 300 pound.I guess im just going to have to wait and hope all my own fault i should have done my research.

Comment

Hi Dani

I have just read on our forums another poster who did get their money back please read Bodd's posts here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=25049

Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X