• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Until recently I got up to 3 cold calls a day from CMCs and debt write-off outfits - most of them recorded messages. Since I signed up with TPS TPS Registration they've all stopped - so far.

In my view the exploitation of one's personal residential telephone for marketing should be outlawed and has no place in a civilised society.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldo View Post

d5mcc has stated that he did receive all of this information by e-mail (electronic version) 24 hours before payment was taken and it did state everything the MOJ requires it to. I also received this information before payment was taken when i first dealt with them.
      note...

. In particular some businesses take card details and / or payment during an initial marketing telephone call.This is not permitted by the rules"

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Telesales Agent - London - Job: 50007264 - Totaljobs.com

Comment

Are tou thinking of applying for this job Exc?

Comment

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with the rough end of a pineapple.

Comment

I have fallen foul of these people and have parted with two lots of money. They called me out of the blue and once they told me what they could do for me : credit card could not be enforced because I appillied for it on the net, ppi on another card and then my mortgage. I paid £99 upfront which I was told to put on my credit card. Then 10 months later i get another call to say I have a very could chance with my mortgage, so they take £500 doh! to get the legal team to look at it further.
              I called prior to this and was told that they were waiting for an offer re my credit card that i applied for on the net. However, I phone them today and the story is different they are looking at the charges on that card...so what has happened to my offer ?

I feel so stupid,but they are so convincing. Has any one ever got their fees back because it turns out that they don't have a claim ?:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

So far hun we have not really convincingly received any good news, but that is not to say that some may have recovered money from this company and not posted up.

The bottom line is that Credit card charges are easily reclaimed some of our members have received refunds with just one letter within 9 days, so it does not add up that they should take so long to look at your case.

PPI there is a result of the Judicial review due this Wednesday although many have still been receiving their refunds. The easiest way if it has definately been mis-sold is going via the FOS and again there is no reason why your claim if you have PPI should be taking so long.

Mortgage interest is the same via the FOS once the mortgage company say no refund the FOS will take the claim up.

Getting your credit card as treated as unenforceable is unless there are very good reasons would be highly unlikly to win in court. There was a case recently where this did happen but this was a full blown court hearing. What would happen if they went to court and lost who would be responsible for your court fees? Loosing in court could cost you a hell of a lot of money as I am sure Cento or the there lawyers would not pick up the tab. Have you checked your T&C's.

As they have now had over 10 months you can write to them a letter before action requesting the return of all the money which you have paid them as they have not concluded any of your claims and give them 14 days to respond. After that you will need to take them to small claims court.

Also, there is a chargeback facility with your credit card company you could call them and tell them that you are not satisfied with their service and that they have taken upfront fees and this is against the misnistry of Justice guidelines which you have just found out.

Let us know hun how you get on.

Originally posted by sandyraa View Post
                I have fallen foul of these people and have parted with two lots of money. They called me out of the blue and once they told me what they could do for me : credit card could not be enforced because I appillied for it on the net, ppi on another card and then my mortgage. I paid £99 upfront which I was told to put on my credit card. Then 10 months later i get another call to say I have a very could chance with my mortgage, so they take £500 doh! to get the legal team to look at it further.
                I called prior to this and was told that they were waiting for an offer re my credit card that i applied for on the net. However, I phone them today and the story is different they are looking at the charges on that card...so what has happened to my offer ?

I feel so stupid,but they are so convincing. Has any one ever got their fees back because it turns out that they don't have a claim ?:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Thanks

Can I still write that letter even though they contacted re my mortage in Jan this year and got more money off me ?

Comment

Have you seen any evidence that they wrote to your mortgage company?

Of course you can write that letter it is your money and if you want it back go for it.

Originally posted by sandyraa View Post
                    Thanks

Can I still write that letter even though they contacted re my mortage in Jan this year and got more money off me ?

Comment

I too have been duped by these guys.

I feel so foolish but as somone said they are very convincing.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Can I claim my money back through my credit card?

I saw some advice about writing to them but who exactly do I write to?

I really hope someone can help, it's all very depressing.

Thanks

Jimmy

Comment

Hi Jday

Originally posted by jday View Post
                        I too have been duped by these guys.

I feel so foolish but as somone said they are very convincing. Yep agree

Can anyone offer any advice? Yep

Can I claim my money back through my credit card? You can try, when did they take money from your card?

I saw some advice about writing to them but who exactly do I write to? Firstly, please let us kno what they said to you, what they can claim for - in otherwords what did they promise you?

I really hope someone can help, it's all very depressing.We can only try, but you need to let us know chapter and verse, ie dates what they said etc ect...

Thanks

Jimmy

Comment

HI everyone!

I can't believe this company has caused so much misery. I seem to have experienced the same story (nearly) as everyone else. Money Claiming Experts hounded me for ages. I was getting married at the time and I stupidly caved in and answered their call. I am in the same situation as a lot people, being 'duped'. I paid £299 in 2010 and I can't get hold of anyone from this company. I am noting down what other people have done on this forum!

Anyways...lesson learned...NEVER give cold callers the time of day....

Thanks

DupED

Comment

Have you written to them, given them a final letter before action?

have you contacted your card holder from where the money was taken?

Have you contacted the Ministry of Justice, as they authorise them.

Just checked on Companies house and they are still trading.

Originally posted by Duped View Post
                            HI everyone!

I can't believe this company has caused so much misery. I seem to have experienced the same story (nearly) as everyone else. Money Claiming Experts hounded me for ages. I was getting married at the time and I stupidly caved in and answered their call. I am in the same situation as a lot people, being 'duped'. I paid £299 in 2010 and I can't get hold of anyone from this company. I am noting down what other people have done on this forum!

Anyways...lesson learned...NEVER give cold callers the time of day....

Thanks

DupED
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 4th May 2011, 11:38:AM.

Comment

Hi all, i have read a large portion of this thread and wanted to add to it:

Yesterday, my fiancee got cold called by Client Connection Ltd (who i see are affiliated with Cento). They basically spoke to her for 45mins (!!) about recovering bank and loan charges. She was told they could recover £9000 for her"deduced from the next to nothing details my fiancee gave them apparently) and would keep %30 of the final recovered , plus 8% of the interest on the 9k and she had to pay £360 up front but that would be refunded if the claim was unsuccessful.

Apparently the woman cold caller was very very convincing (as they are), even telling my fiancee that she herself hates cold callers!

Obviously my fiancee told them we need to think about it, but was told she only had till 1pm today and they would only call her back once and if she didnt go with them now she would miss her chance. Crazy huh?

She then went on to tell her that she can claim back any old credit agreements i had, like store cards, protection plans, late charges all the way back from 1974. Is this true? I though it only went back 7 or 8 years..

From reading though the posts here, i think I'm going to read the posted booklet and write to our banks ourselves, see what happens

Comment

Did your financee pay the £360 upfron fee?

Many of our members have struggled to get the money back even after several years and todate we really are unaware of anyone actually recovering monies through the Claims Management companies.

Bank charges are a definate no go after the OFT lost bank charges case a few years back.

Credit Cards you can do this by simply writing a letter, many here have recovered all charges in relatively a short time in some cases about 9 days with just a simple letter.

Writing off credit card / loan agreements - is extremely dodgey territory I am afraid as many have come unstuck. We do not support this type of claim on this site.

The only other type of claim which you can claim is for PPI, as this has in a recent high court case gone in favour of the people who have been forced to take this type of insurance. Claims have been on hold during the claim in court but they are now being dealt with.

We have a wealth of information here on this site for you to be able to progress these claims yourself and save ££££'s. Also, when someone plucks a figure out of thin air for £9k I would really think twice. No one can possibly know what is involved as they are not privvy to your banking and personal details.

Originally posted by rocklobster View Post
                                Hi all, i have read a large portion of this thread and wanted to add to it:

Yesterday, my fiancee got cold called by Client Connection Ltd (who i see are affiliated with Cento). They basically spoke to her for 45mins (!!) about recovering bank and loan charges. She was told they could recover £9000 for her"deduced from the next to nothing details my fiancee gave them apparently) and would keep %30 of the final recovered , plus 8% of the interest on the 9k and she had to pay £360 up front but that would be refunded if the claim was unsuccessful.

Apparently the woman cold caller was very very convincing (as they are), even telling my fiancee that she herself hates cold callers!

Obviously my fiancee told them we need to think about it, but was told she only had till 1pm today and they would only call her back once and if she didnt go with them now she would miss her chance. Crazy huh?

She then went on to tell her that she can claim back any old credit agreements i had, like store cards, protection plans, late charges all the way back from 1974. Is this true? I though it only went back 7 or 8 years..

From reading though the posts here, i think I'm going to read the posted booklet and write to our banks ourselves, see what happens

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X