• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

I telphoned Forbes Douglas today and found a very helpfull frontline manager, he confirmed to me that they are definately not solicitors as we well know but they do have in house solicitors working for them. I suppose this is where the confusion arises and maybe this is what Cento should be saying instead of misleading the consumers.

Forbes Douglas have many agents like Cento bringing them business as they do not actively seek to deal with the public directly.

What was interesting they did tell me and I do have to check up on this, is any data which Cento or any other company are using has to be current and be within a 1 year period and he said this ruling is very strict. This means it can only be data which the person they are calling has been in contact with that company within the last 12 months. Perhaps Ame or Tools could confirm this point.

The line manager I spoke to has given me his direct telephone number and if anyone who wants to contact them to find out how their claim is going if they cannot get any satisfaction from Cento should PM me. The manager has also left it open for me to call him at anytime should I need to discuss this any further and he will do his upmost to help.

I am really pleased I made that call today, it has put my mind at rest that Forbes Douglas on the face of it seem to be a decent organisation.

Tuttsi

Comment

Did you ask him about the claims Cento are making that clients should stop paying lenders and pay Forbes instead (including their mortgage payments)?

I know the guy on MSN who proclaimed to be from forbes said this was nonsense, but really, he could be anyone, and Forbes should be aware so they can stop this practise or stop using Cento.

Cold Calling (or not as the case may be) rules I think he is right on but will check.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I did mention about consumers being asked to stop paying lenders and I did mention to him about the person who purported to be an officer from Forbes Douglas had written on MSE, and that this person said that this was not the case. So I told him that I was surprised that he must of read all the posts and would have also have noticed that also Cento were purporting them to be Solicitors and I told him if this person was genuinly from Forbes Douglas then why in earth did he /she not go back to Cento and have it out with them and put them straight. He was unaware who this might of been.

He has also suggested me sending an SAR to find out exactly how they got my personal details and he agreed with me that there was no way on gods earth that they got my details from the FSA or indeed any other register. He was horrified that Cento told me this.

The boss Graham Howe was not in this week so he had not received my email which I sent on Monday. This being the case when I resend the email over the weekend I will now include more info in it to include pacifically the claims that Cento are making. I will certainly be opening a can of worms with my modified email.

Perhaps we will eventually get some positive answers to our concerns.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Did you ask him about the claims Cento are making that clients should stop paying lenders and pay Forbes instead (including their mortgage payments)?

I know the guy on MSN who proclaimed to be from forbes said this was nonsense, but really, he could be anyone, and Forbes should be aware so they can stop this practise or stop using Cento.

Cold Calling (or not as the case may be) rules I think he is right on but will check.

Comment

Fabulous - always best to go to the horse, as it were.

Well done Tutts.

Maybe Forbes will be more like Total Refund and see theres a problem and try and fix it rather than like Cento who just threaten to sue us.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi There,

I recieved a call yesterday from Cento, I never give out money over the phone, so I have researched them tody and found all your info about it. Thanks very much I was going to use them until I read all of this, the fact they are regiseterd with the MOJ as well made it all seem real.

Can you give me details on how to make a claim for free?

Comment

Hello Tara and welcome to Beagles, what kind of claim is it?
              If you let us know then we will point you in the right direction
              Enaid x

Comment

HI Tuttsi Got any names for these 'in house solicitors' cos I can't find them

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                  HI Tuttsi Got any names for these 'in house solicitors' cos I can't find them
                  I take it when they state 'in house solicitors' they could be just Legal Executives. Or qualified solicitors that do not work in practice, would you still be able to trace them if that were the case?

But a jolly good point Righty, I will ask Mr Howe in my email to be a bit more explicit and ask for their qualifications and names.

Becasue if they are stating to me that they have 'in house solicitors' and they are for instance legal executives then they are actually not solicitors and Forbes should not be stating they have 'in house solicitors'. They could say they have an in house legal department I guess.

Comment

yes In house solicitors still need a Practicing Certificate otherwise they can't call thermselves solicitors nor can they undertake any work that requires an indemnified solicitor.............. such as signing a claim form

whilst qualified in law an ILEX or FILEX cannot describe themselves as a solicitor they can however describe themselves as lawyers

ILEX'S and FILEX'S train on the job for 5 years or more & are often much more experienced than many solicitors
                    Last edited by righty; 24th July 2009, 20:28:PM.

Comment

This was taken off another thread on this site posted by Ame earlier this year. From what I am reading, am I correct in saying that CMC's should also hold a Consumer Credit Licence with the OFT. I have tried checking Cento Client Review/ Client Connection Ltd and Forbes Douglas and neither of them appear to be registered. As I am particularly interested in the bit where consumers are told not to pay their loans as this would seem that this is against OFT guidlines and CMC's have to hold a licence.

OFT guidance
                      3.The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) requires companies who offer debt counselling/adjusting services to consumers to be licensed by the OFT. Businesses who are authorised by the MoJ to provide Claims Management Services will also need to be licensed under the Act if they engage in any debt counselling/adjusting activities, including the following:

·advising on how to restructure debts, how to alter debt repayments or how to achieve early resettlement of debts
                      ·contacting creditors and/or negotiating with creditors, on behalf of the debtor, in order to make any of the above arrangements (whether that contact amounts to 'negotiation' or not)
                      ·providing a facility for the debtor to make a single repayment which is then distributed on his behalf to his creditors

4.Following implementation of the new licensing provisions by the Consumer Credit Act 2006 on 6 April 2008, a business applying for debt related licence categories will need to submit a Credit Competence Plan (CCP) as part of its application and should expect to be subjected to an on-site visit as part of the assessment of its competence to engage in this activity as the OFT considers such credit activity to be high risk.

1.From April 2008, licensed businesses can have specific requirements imposed on them if the OFT is dissatisfied with any matter in connection with the business. If such a requirement was not complied with, the business concerned could be subject to a financial penalty of up to £50,000. The OFT can also refuse or revoke a licence if it decides that a trader is not fit to hold one.

2.The OFT published Debt Management Guidance for licensees in December 2001. It applies to all those providing financial management services including commercial debt advice where the debts arise under consumer credit or consumer hire agreements.The Guidance sets out minimum standards of behaviour expected of licence holders engaging in the provision of debt management services, which seek to provide advice and to re-schedule customers' repayment of debt and charge for doing so. Key principles of the Guidance are transparency, acting in the best interests of the consumer and keeping the consumer informed. The Guidance states that advertisements and other promotional material must be accurate and clear and must not mislead, either expressly or by implication or omission. The spirit as much as the letter of the Guidance would apply to Claims Management Businesses where their activities relate to advising and/or otherwise assisting consumers with their debts.

Comment

tuttsi - have you had a read of the moj claims regulation annual report and impact study ? i think you will like it - I have posted most of the salient points.

I think you are correct in that if Cento are 'advising' or as they have said 'holding' peoples money and if they are unsuccessful pay it to the creditors (ffs) then yes they would need a CCL.

We need those people who have been told to do this to contact the MOJ or would be very helpful for someone to have it in writing. i wonder if anyone has actually gone ahead and done this ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Aside from acting for clients in respect of unenforceable agreements if they are giving financial advice (such as NOT making payments) they MUST have a CCL

Comment

Just to confirm that today I have sent Mr Graham Howe at Forbes Douglas a a thorough complaint and requesting that he answers me on many points that we are concerned about.

I will post up his reply once received.

Tuttsi

Comment

• Who do we complain to on this, is it the OFT, or Trading Standards or both.

As this is next on my list.

Originally posted by righty View Post
                              Aside from acting for clients in respect of unenforceable agreements if they are giving financial advice (such as NOT making payments) they MUST have a CCL

Comment

Forbes Douglas ( Forbes~Douglas | Frequently Asked Questions ) are Anoco UK LTd as are ''trading partners' - RefundsDirect Ltd, Cento Client Review (cellcom communications ltd), Chambers Moore Ltd ( Consumer Credit License No. 551641 Debt Solutions, Claims Management, Debt Consolidation. ), Walker Davis ( PPI Misselling - How to Claim Compensation - Missold Loan Protection Insurance ), My Simple Claim Limited

so they may have a cCL ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X