• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Any news Linda?

Comment

Hi
      I have tried without success to contact the gentleman who called me, I rang and left a message with a colleague who assured me he would call back and then rang at 5.30 and left a message as there was no reply. I know they close at 6 so I will try again tomorrow.
      With thanks x

Comment

Hi
        Tried again several times yesterday and he is always "busy on another call" and will ring back, one more chance today then I will ask to speak to Ryan Stanton directly.
        I'll let you know
        Linda.

Comment

I was told this very morning in fact, ' patience is a virtue', well you have a lot more than I have I must say.
          Enaid x

Comment

Hi
            Well today I got hold of the man I needed to speak to. He states
            1. Natwest CC stopped as no claim to make (now I know there are fees on there so makes no sense)
            2. Northern rock - mortgage - gone to Gravity 8.12.09
            3. Natwest loan - gone to Gravity - Natwest say cento haven't been in touch at all - which I challenged and he advised Natwest were lying to me
            4. Abbeyloan - on hold with Legal redress awaiting test case - Legal redress did send a letter to me about this some time ago.
            He states the timescales are increasing as more people make claims but the success rate is higher than anticipated at 98% with PPI claims.
            I asked him for a written update which he said he would email immediately. That was 3.30 - nothing yet so I propose to give them til Monday then write again requesting a refund. The chap stated he was not prepared to give any details re timescales "as he would probably be wrong".
            Linda.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose View Post
              The chap stated he was not prepared to give any details re timescales "as he would probably be wrong".
              Linda.
              Just fills you with confidence doesn't it. I so wish I'd thought up this idea to earn money for doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

Email received -
                "The update you requested from *** is as follows:
                • Northern Rock Mortgage (£***) has been sent to Gravity Financial Solutions to investigate as of 8/12/09
                • Natwest Secured Loan (£***) has been sent to Gravity Financial Solutions to investigate as of 29/1/10
                • Abbey Loan (£***) has been sent to Legal Redress to investigate as of 24/9/09
                I hope this satifies your request Mrs ***

Regards

Customer Services Administrator,
                CCR Claims"

Interestingly some of the figures mentioned don't equate with information I have about my accounts. On reflection I think I will send another letter Monday and ask for that refund again.

Comment

Linda

Gravity Financial Solutions is a Debt Management Company and on their web site they have an area where you can view the progress of your claims, providing you have a claims reference with them in order to enter that part of the site. It appears that they are registered with the OFT.

Did Cento ever ask for your permission to send your paperwork to Gravity Financial Solutions?

Did Gravity ever write to you with any updates, reference numbers etc?

What arrangement do you have with Gravity Financial Solutions?

The update they have given you does not really help you and you really do not know where you stand tbvh. I could say the sun is going to shine tomorrow and it does not.

For what it is worth you have been incredibly patient with them.

A letter terminating their services giving them 7 days to return all your money - send it by recorded/special delivery so you can track it.

Tuttsi x

Comment

Gravity are Independent financial solutions ltd - registered address = private house on an estate - mail address offices of Robertson Thomas who link through to Gravity on their site ( Debt Help ). Robertson Thomas have just changed their registered address to a serviced/virtual office space in york.(20th March) FSA reg is Anthony Giosernaro - an introducer - trading name claimforfinance till may 09 then changed to independent financial solutions. Also May 09 consumer credit licence granted for Anthony - trading as claim4finance ( Debt Solutions an introducer ) and independent FS

also linked to Prestige Debt Solutions - an introducer to gravity

4. MIS-SOLD MORTGAGES / MIS-HANDLED REPOSSESSIONS
                    The introducer / agent will be paid £100 on submission of the case with no clawback (if case meets criteria) and a percentage of the settlement figure won by the company or its solicitors as a success commission.
                    INTRODUCER 10% AGENT 12.5%

Just if anyones interested lol.

So bascially Cento have sent your mortgage ''claim'' to Gravity to get the £100.

Listen to Moneybox today as well - first item BBC iPlayer - Money Box: 27/03/2010
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So Ame how does this work:-

Cento have sent two of Redroses claims to Gravity, I asume that they get £200 for intoducers? (£100 each claim)

Then what?????

Redrose has not had any comunication from them. So how are they going to progress and what exactly are Gravity doing with her claims? as they are not a claims management company covered by the MOJ., and are they allowed to do this without Redrose's permission?? and how would they MOJ look at this?

Am I being dumb here but how is this helping Redrose????

Thanks
                      Tuttsi xx
                      Last edited by TUTTSI; 27th March 2010, 17:01:PM.

Comment

Gravity are regulated under the MOJ thus:

Independent Financial Claims Limited Address: 14 The Grange
                        Skellow Town/City: Doncaster Postcode: DN6 8SH County: South Yorks
                        Trading Names: Claim4Finance, Gravity Financial Solutions Sector: Financial products/services, Authorisation Number: CRM19138

The contract/agreement redrose signed with cento allows them to pass claims on to ''partners'' ''third parties'' etc so yes she has given permission.

£100 is only for mortgage claims - dont think the £100 is payable to introducers on secured loans but it may do.

Cento are ''just'' an introducer. Large scale one.

Gravity, I assume, will hold on to her claims for a while, ''assess'' them and pass to a panel solicitor.... they will most likely be rejected as it is exceedingly unlikely she has a claim barring any PPI. They'll go back to Gravity, back to Cento and prob off to another company as ''fresh'' claims to earn Cento another referral commission (much as they came back from ''legal redress'' before.

Of course each new thing happens will be built up to her as a new step forwards and keep her sucked in with promises of success and the fear of losing the money paid out so far. (sorry redrose nothing personal its just how they seem to work)
                        Doesn't help her at all, just makes other people aware of how interlinked all these types of companies are.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Listen to Moneybox today as well - first item BBC iPlayer - Money Box: 27/03/2010
                          Well listening Moneybox the MOJ will be closing many more CMC's down over the next few months - so they say, and I wonder who will ne next on the hit list?

The BBC have asked the MOJ that monies that CMC's hold from upfront fees should be held in a client account? one must ask why this has not been done anyway as a matter of routine as the upfront fees was returnable I believe. If you go to a solicitor and give a deposit that money has to be held in a client account. The BBC have also asked that this should be a criteara when they grant a licence.

It should also be noted that the MOJ actually earn a percentage from the CMC's as part of their authorising that CMC, for the initial licence and a percentage at the end of the year.

This being the case each CMC should also hold a OFT licence as they are dealing with client money and this must be held in a separate client account and must be available for refunds when they are asked to make a refund. I believe the MOJ should also make this mandatory when granting a licence.

What the MOJ said in that interview was that anybody who wants a refund must follow proceedure and demand the refund back in the first instance before making any complaints to the MOJ? Therefore, a letter sent by recorded /special delivery should be sent in the first instant.

Once it is apparent after 7 days that no refund is going to be forthcoming then a formal complaint to the MOJ would definately be in order.

At this stage you may have to consider taking the court route depending on the outcome from the letter sent.

This is just my general views on this matter and I would stress that this is aimed at all CMC's not just one particular one.

Tuttsi
                          Last edited by TUTTSI; 28th March 2010, 08:39:AM. Reason: added

Comment

Hi
                            Well I sent another letter to Cento requesting a refund as discussed. Message on my answerphone today stating I would only be entitled to a refund "when er I mean if" (bit Freudian on his part I think!) my claims are found to be invalid. And re-iterating that 3 of my claims are still being investigated.
                            Think the next stage is letter of complain to the MoJ?
                            Thanks
                            Linda.

PS Last week I got a message on my mobile from a well stroppy man at Cento stating - you know we are ringing you back so please ensure to answer your phone!!! How rude.

Comment

I've also had dealings with this company. Cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period but they are refusing to refund me. I sent an email within the 14 day period because I was concerned that the pack might not get to them in time and then returned the pack, which was marked to the cancellations department on the front of the envelope.

My email wasn't saved in my outbox and they are saying that they did not receive it and even though they received the returned claim pack within the 14 days they are refusing to refund me, instead I am being forced to go through with the claims to have any chance of getting the deposit back. They are saying they did not receive the email and because I did not put a letter in with the returned claims pack because I had already sent them an email, they are refusing to treat the returned pack as a cancellation, even though they have conceded that it was sent recorded delivery and received within the cooling off period.

I am really unhappy with the way that I have been treated, the first person I spoke to didn't even bother to return my call to tell me that they couldn't find my email on the system, I had to phone back another twice before anyone would speak to me about it.
                              Last edited by pauline; 1st April 2010, 17:09:PM.

Comment

Hi Pauline

A very warm welcome to Legal Beagles and sorry to learn of the problems that you too are experiencing with Cento Client Review.

You should send a complaint to the Ministry of Justices immediately and you should also consider taking legal action againts them for the return of your money.

If you paid by credit card you may be able to obtain a refund directly from the credit card company.

They were working with us up to recently and we have been able to obtain a few refunds for people, but they wanted people to go through the correct channels to apply for refunds. Basically, if that is not working then you have no option but to make your complaint to the MOJ and also take the approrate court action.

Can you please let us know how much they charged you and exactly what service they were going to provide you with , ie Credit Cards, unenforceable, Mis-sold PPI etc.

Thanks Tuttsi
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Linda

I totally agree with you they have had long enough to deal with your claims and they should be able to give you a detailed update after all you are the client. Leaving rude messages hardly gives me any confidence in their service.

Hun, you have been more than patient with them - remind me how much you paid them in total and what dates you paid them? did you take the platinum service, I believe you did from memory?

I remember reading on the Cartel thread that it may be possible to obtain the refund from your credit card company, I will dig out that information and post up for both you and Pauline if it is appropriate.

Tuttsi x

Originally posted by RedRose View Post
                                Hi
                                Well I sent another letter to Cento requesting a refund as discussed. Message on my answerphone today stating I would only be entitled to a refund "when er I mean if" (bit Freudian on his part I think!) my claims are found to be invalid. And re-iterating that 3 of my claims are still being investigated.
                                Think the next stage is letter of complain to the MoJ?
                                Thanks
                                Linda.

PS Last week I got a message on my mobile from a well stroppy man at Cento stating - you know we are ringing you back so please ensure to answer your phone!!! How rude.
                                Last edited by TUTTSI; 1st April 2010, 17:38:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X