• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims and CRS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims and CRS

In 2019 i made successful claim against Black Horse finance for mis-selling of PPI, I instigated the complaint myself, via an online form , following advice from the FCA , directly to Black Horse Finance, all communications regarding the matter where between myself and Black horse finance.

The matter was settled between myself and Black Horse Finance on 20 / 09 / 19.

On the approximate date of 10 / 04 /2021.......18 months.......... after the matter was settled between myself and Black Horse Finance, I began to receive numerous text messages, phonecalls , emails and letters from ALLAY Claims stating " Congratulations, Your Claim was successful, please see attached invoice for £1500 ". Initially I ignored the various communications as I believed it to be a scam. The letters emails and phonecalls continued which changed in nature stating that my invoice was " overdue ".

I decided to contact Allay claims by phone. I told Allay claims that i did not ask them to look into this matter, i did not authourise them to, they did not play any part in my successful claim of mis-sold PPI against Black Horse Finance and that I would contact Black Horse Finance regarding the matter.

Black Horse Finance advised that I would have to make a DSAR for all the information relating to the matter. I also made a DSAR request to ALLAY Claims. However Allay Claims replied only by email with attached , 2 X Word Documents and a PDF stating it is an ELOA with a signature that is not my signature, dated 26/06/19 .

I made a DSAR request to Black Horse Finance who have complied in good time with paper copies of all information relating to me and the timeline of my complaint for mis-sold PPI. They have also provided copies of finance agreements and actual documents that I have signed dating back to 2007, my signature has not changed significantly from 2007 to this present day.

Black Horse have included screen prints from their system which i have attached to this email. The screen print outs are not very clear, but are legible. I will provide paper copies if required.

The relevant points from the Black Horse Finance computer system screen shots are as follows.

14 / 06 / 19. Black horse finance receive a complaint from myself via an online complaint form, relating to what I believed to be mis-sold PPI. Their computer system records this as follows,

CASE DRIVER; Customer
    TOUCH LEVEL; Online Complaint form
    COMPLAINT NATURE; Mis-sale

20/ 09/19
    Complaint upheld, letter sent offering a full refund.

I accepted Black Horse Finance decision they sent a cheque in the post to me and the matter was closed.

08/ 10/19 ( approximately 3 weeks after the matter between myself and Black Horse Finance was settled ) ALLAY Claims submit a complaint form to Black Horse Finance , however , Black Horse Finance note on their system that the complaint form does NOT have an LOA with it.

The first time that Black Horse Finance has any contact from ALLAY Claims is on 08/10/19........ after the the matter has been settled between myself and Black Horse Finance.

I made a formal complaint to Allay stating the above information. Allay replied by email with a very comprehensive reply, quoting lots of sections from their terms and conditions and stated that this would be their final response on the matter and if i am not satisfied to contact the FCA. I will provide the " final response email if required )

I have not yet contacted the FCA, ( I would like your advice before i do this.)

24 hours after ALLAY sent their " Final response " i began to receive ponecalls and text messages from a company called CRS stating they aere acting on behalf of Allay Claims to recover and outstanding "debt" of £ 1500 . 00.

I have not responded in any way to CRS. Allay have continued to send the " congratulations " emails and texts.

I thought i could deal with this matter myself but I really do need some guidance.

Thanks in advance. Neil

Tags: None

The FCA won't help but you should absolutely take your complaint to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

If you can demonstrate that you actually made the claim yourself and it was prior to Allay's alleged involvement then I think you've got a fair chance of having the complaint upheld.

They won't consider the signature issue as they always say it would be the role of a court to rule on whether it's genuine or not - that's why they (wrongly in my view) reject most complaints against Allay.

I recently wrote to them outlining our concerns - attached below but with supporting documents removed. There might be some additional points in there that you could use.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks will do. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Have you had any progress on this yet Neiljh?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I'm waiting on a response from the CMO. I'll update as soon as i hear anything.

Comment

Interesting development today. I received a text message from AJJB Law stating a letter before claim has been issued. Almost immediately i received an email from ALLAY stating the following.
            Dear Neil,

This email is for information purposes only.

On the 26/02/2021 any fee you owed to Allay Claims Ltd. was assigned to Allay (UK) Ltd. as per section 13 of our Terms of Engagement.

On 31/03/2021 your agreement with Allay Claims Ltd. was terminated.

No action from you is required.

Kind regards,

Allay Claims Ltd.

Note the name change from Allay Claims Ltd to Allay (uk) Ltd. It looks to me like some attempt to avoid any decision by the CMO. I will now submit a complaint to Allay ( uk ) Ltd and another complaint to the CMO regarding the matter !

Very suspicious behavior. Can anyone shed any light on what they are up to ?

Thanks. Neil

Comment

You really need to stick to one thread, you've got a response on the other thread, not a great idea to get Admin diving around, unless it's football, cricket etc.

Comment

sorry !

Comment

Originally posted by Neiljh1 View Post
                  sorry !
                  No probs.

Comment

Hi Neil

Thanks for emailing the LBA. I don't think the assignment issue is particularly relevant as it provides the same info on their website.

I'm not sure if you've referred the complaint to the Claims Management Ombudsman yet (please let me know) but you'd stand a better chance of winning in court than you would with the Ombudsman in my opinion. The Ombudsman rejects most complaints against Allay because for some reason they don't take distance selling regulations into account and courts do.

One of our member's won a case against Allay last year Allay LOSE in Court - LegalBeagles Forum

Since that case I don't know of anyone else that Allay have taken to court so it may be a case of once bitten twice shy.

So I would tick box D indicating that you dispute the debt. Before you fill in the reasons why, can you send me the reply you got from Allay to your complaint (the one you said it was comprehensive) please?

Also in the box D field it says to ''Now go to section 4'', but you haven't sent me that. Do you have it?

Comment

Hiya

I got the docs you sent, thanks.

I still think you'd stand a better chance with this if they took you to court, rather than going to the Ombudsman. But I still don't know if you've made a complaint to the Ombudsman - could you let me know?

I would complete and return the form AJJB Law sent you. Tick box D and summarise the reasons why you dispute the debt - you'll need to do that on a separate sheet.

In section 4 box I you need to ask for the Allay PPI Consumer Questionnaire that Allay claim you sent them on 03/10/2019 and also the letter that Allay would have received from Black Horse notifying them that you had been awarded a PPI settlement.

Comment

Hi Nick. Thanks, I will do that and yes I have made a complaint to the CMO but I take on-board what you say about going to court with the matter. I will let you know when I get a response from the cmo.

Comment

Hi,

Ive been receiving these emails daily along with text messages for an Allay Claim of 1250 against PPI claim i made 2 years ago...they dont have my address as I have moved since I first answered their ad on facebook....should I respond in writing with my current address or just ignore them? Dont want to unleash a load of letters but also dont want a CCJ due to me not receiving any court claim forms!

Thanks very much in advance

PENDING LEGAL ACTION

We have still not received payment of the overdue balance and you have not made use of our online customer portal to set up a suitable and affordable payment arrangement.

We want to work with you to resolve this matter prior to a formal Letter Before Claim being issued which may then result in action in the County Court.

You can manage the balance due online today via our customer payment portal payajjb.co.uk or contact us on 01422746202 to discuss the options available to you.

Yours Sincerely,

AJJB Law

Comment

Originally posted by Shneewee View Post
                            Hi,

Ive been receiving these emails daily along with text messages for an Allay Claim of 1250 against PPI claim i made 2 years ago...they dont have my address as I have moved since I first answered their ad on facebook....should I respond in writing with my current address or just ignore them? Dont want to unleash a load of letters but also dont want a CCJ due to me not receiving any court claim forms!

Thanks very much in advance

PENDING LEGAL ACTION

We have still not received payment of the overdue balance and you have not made use of our online customer portal to set up a suitable and affordable payment arrangement.

We want to work with you to resolve this matter prior to a formal Letter Before Claim being issued which may then result in action in the County Court.

You can manage the balance due online today via our customer payment portal payajjb.co.uk or contact us on 01422746202 to discuss the options available to you.

Yours Sincerely,

AJJB Law
                            It's bets to start your own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

It's bets to start your own thread.
                              Thank you ECHAT11...will do!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X