• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart Court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart Court letter

Hi looking for some advise regarding Bank Smart. Basically in 2012 we received a cold call from them stating that if we went with them on a no win no fee PPI claim we could be owed £1000s. We agreed to go ahead as there was nothing to lose due to no win no fee. They advised once we received the docs in the post to sign and send back which we did.

A few months later they sent basically the same batch of letters stating Authorisation had expired on the original docs we returned and we needed to re sign and then return the new set. This was done and requested on and off every basically every 3 months. We eventually got fed up of this so I emailed them and advised them to cancel everything and we no longer wanted to deal with them. No reply to email requesting cancellation but the forms kept coming followed by a invoice of about £380. Emails were sent again advising that this was not agreed and that it was no win no fee and i requested it all to be cancelled.

All this stopped for a good 12 months and then the letters came again and £1000 + invoice. Emailed them again requesting cancellation but no reply. This process went on and the invoices grew bigger & bigger I ignored letters going forward as they were providing no service to request such figures. In the mean time i did a simple PPI check online and got a reply in 3 days via letter stating i had no PPI to claim.

Having not heard from Bank smart for quite sometime, yesterday a 5 page letter arrived from " County Court Business Centre Money Claims Online" arrived requesting £3530.98.

Im at a loss at what to do from here other than put a defence letter in to them. I've called national Debt advice line and they have advised basically the same or offer to pay the debt. I feel strongly that i dont owe this money as no work has been carried out for me and not one penny claimed on my No win No Fee" & there constant harassment was a disgrace

Ive checked other threads on here and other sites where other people have been in the same situation and won against these bullies.

​​​​​​​I can add pics if anyone would like to see the docs

I hope someone can help with our issue with Bank smart and stop our worry.

Regards
    Russell
    Tags: None

So when did you tell them to cancel?

I'm thinking along the lines of statute barred.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So when did you tell them to cancel?

I'm thinking along the lines of statute barred.
      Hi My first request for this was 18/02/2015 but they failed to reply. I didnt hear back from them after that request for another 12 months., Thanks for your response

Comment

Hiya

Bank Smart have started issuing court claims for 'debts' that are around or just before the 6 year time limit.

Firstly we'd need to see the cancellation email you sent February 2015 and the court claim form, redacting your personal info.

Also, at some point you may have had lists of charges that came with an invoice(s). If you have any I'd like to see unredacted copies if you could email them to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

[Thread moved to Claims Management Forum]

Comment

Ok thanks for the documents.

Needless to say Bank Smart are short on detail about what they're charging you for.

I specifically would like to see any fee lists they sent you - they look like the example below. If you don't have them you should send them a Data Subject Access Request - template here, edit to suit LegalBeagles

In the request you need to say that in addition to all the information they hold on you, you specifically want up to date fee lists detailing the charges for each invoice they claim you owe. They have 30 days to respond.

In the meantime you need to register on the Money Claim Online site (details should have been provided with the claim form) and acknowledge the claim. Tick the box indicating that you intend to defend in full and don't tick the box contesting the jurisdiction. That should give us plenty of time to get the DSAR response and draft a defence accordingly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fee list.JPG Views:	1 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	1571297

Comment

.....just re-read your email - yes please take screenshots of all the invoice breakdowns on your online account and send them to me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ7519 View Post
                In the mean time i did a simple PPI check online and got a reply in 3 days via letter stating i had no PPI to claim.

Oooh I missed this. Please send me the letter if you have it, could come in very handy!

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Oooh I missed this. Please send me the letter if you have it, could come in very handy!

Ill have a look see if i still have it .. fingers crossed

Comment

Here's why it's important - from FCA CMCOBS Rules:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charge.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1571430

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X