• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims (again)- We're at pre-action protocol now. Sorry there is so much. Sigh.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims (again)- We're at pre-action protocol now. Sorry there is so much. Sigh.

It's Allay claims again. I can see somebody has recently won a case with very similar facts and I have been looking around at all the complaints & write ups.
    I know I should just pay this to not give myself so much stress ( I have so much on my shoulders already) but after undertaking a Law degree (2003 however!) and having quite a lot to do with contracts over the years, even worked for Citizen's Advice & DWP, I just can't without questioning them at least. I've not had any experience with this though before.

In summer 2019 I had had a hell of a time (I have PTSD, primarily acute anxiety, insomnia & depression etc. On several medications). I had been dealing with some an awful time/illnesses and then 2 awful bereavements within weeks of each other. The second completely out of the blue. My mental state at the time had been near suicidal and I had been off work for quite a while. It totally awoke the PTSD symptoms I had spent years battling to overcome.

During that time I saw a 'Free PPI Check' advert on Facebook. Allay claims. I have NEVER done anything like this before as I thought they were all scams but given the approaching PPI deadline, time on my hands and just to see if it would help towards expenses from the above I sent them my details. Might as well see.

Then started the usual barrage of emails and texts people talk about.

I did not reply to anything or sign/return anything.

However I did send an email within about an hour of submitting my details through Facebook.
    I had seen somewhere that 'free' now had an asterisk next to it with no explanation. I looked further and must then have seen vaguely about their fees and thought how stupid I was.

My email (1st August) was direct, not a reply, and said-

Please can I double check there is no fee and you will not start a PPI claim without my express authority?

I notice there's an asterix next to 'FREE' now on your email but I can't see why.

Thank you.

(I note I put asterix not asterisk, not a mistake I would usually make!)

Their reply- On 19th of August (so outside 14 days anyway. Convenient)

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

Our fees for PPI are 24% of any redress, inclusive of VAT where applicable where a claim is successful. We do work our cases on a no win no fee basis.

If the case is rejected, there is no fee, if it's upheld its 24% of the total redress inclusive of VAT.

Outlined in our terms of engagement, the only way you may be charged if your claim is not successful is if you cancel outside of the 14 day cooling off period you are allocated. If you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period from the date your claim is submitted, you will not be charged at all. If you cancel outside of the 14 day cooling off period, you may be charged for the work Allay has carried out so far on your claim, which includes email, calls etc... we make. We do not add on these charges if the claim is successful.

We only carry out an investigation on your behalf with your permission, and as I can see you have signed and returned our Electronic Letter of Authority, dates on the 01/08/2019 which gives us permission to do so.

Having checked the system, I can see that we have submitted your information to the relevant lenders who you have asked us to do a free PPI search for, in order to check if you had PPI associated with any of your accounts. We are waiting for the response, once we have an update we will be in touch with you

The total sum of the fee is 24% of any redress, inclusive of VAT where applicable

For more information on this you can check your terms of engagement which was in your pack or check https://www.allay.co.uk/terms-conditions/
    If you have any further queries, please let us know

Kind regards,

I didn't reply, as far as I was concerned I had told them not to continue within about an hour, not 14 days even. I thought I had cancelled. I hadn't (knowingly!) signed anything they were talking about. I presumed they were scammers & ignored everything else they bombarded me with and blocked texts/numbers & email addresses. I never replied to anything, it was all too much.

Eventually, after 6 months or so, I had a different message saying they had located something with one of my banks.

I ignored it as usual, obviously scammers.
    I actually contacted that bank & made my own claim.
    All along still thinking I've not agreed to anything apart from a 'free check'.

I had a few hundred back from that bank which I thought was in response to the claim I made.

I only skimmed over the bank's letter at the time (a year ago). I found it today and there is a reference number for Allay in amongst others at the top. I didn't see this before. However they still went ahead after my email and seemingly forging my signature/agreement so I am still not happy at all to pay them.
    Someone like me doesn't knowingly agree to 24% fees.
    I never even have credit unless it's 0% and then pay off in full, I am very into every aspect of money saving. Nothing on HP etc etc ever.

So, then Allay started sending invoices & reminders. Me still genuinely thinking they're scammers etc etc. Don't respond or you'll get them all after you as all the media & organisations warn you.
    The amount was different to the amount I received too. They were saying more. (Now I have seen, only today, they take 24% of the gross not net that I received. I had presumed, again, they were scammers as they didn't even know the amount)

Then we had about a 10 month or so break... Coronavirus?

Now in December I have received several demands, final demand and now the pre-action protocol.

I have finally cracked & sent a complaint.

I am still waiting for a straight answer as to why they continued without my 'express permission' as in my original & immediate email. They just keep referring to this only being a question (which they answered) not a 14 day cancellation and going back to their T's & C's again and again. Repeatedly mentioning 'my authority'.

At first I thought maybe I did sign something in my state but that is NOT like me. EVER.

So I finally look back at the images of this letter of authority they've sent after reading your forum at about 3am this morning, awake worrying about it.
    It's not my signature or my handwriting (as many others have said)

I also found an attachment with a load of the same form to different banks. All EXACTLY the same signature as if it was an image copy/paste. Not mine.
    They have said it will look different due to being done with a mouse or pad.
    This signature is beautiful & fluid. It would be all jagged if done with a mouse/pad. I've seen it on many PDA's etc. It is clearly a pen written, or computer generated (can you do that?) signature.

So I wasn't as crazy as I thought, I hadn't read all this & signed it.
    I had been thinking down the mental/legal capacity route given my state & medication (all massively documented with my doctors etc) but deep down I still knew I wouldn't have.
    I am so angry they have done this and the way they go about tricking so many people. If they had been honest and I had considered and agreed I would pay straight away as I always have.

I can see all their Terms & Conditions now I have actually looked it up.
    Again, no way I would knowingly sign in to that!!!!!

My initial complaint has 'not been upheld' (obviously!) Repeatedly referring to the letters of authority and that my email was not a cancellation.
    The person said at the end that if I can show evidence I cancelled in December (the successful claim) she will look at it again. Yes, I bet you would love that! Charge me about 20 times what the bill is for cancelling outside the 14 days! (when I thought I had cancelled on the same day!). That is not what I am querying!

I am not well off at all and am terrified to risk standing up to them for so little but it's the principle.
    I have won a few fights with big/bully companies before and can't stand this way of behaving; large companies knowing normal people just don't have the time to go over so much 'stuff' (or not understand) and then knowing they won't dare challenge them either.

I have replied this morning saying it's not my signature and can they send proof of me returning these documents to them (which I never did knowingly, nothing in my sent emails and I 100% didn't do it by post)
    I am just waiting for more threats.
    I feel ill with it already.

So, how do they do this??

It's not my signatures on the forms (or returned by me).

I emailed the same day saying not to proceed if there are fees

My lack of mental capacity at the time and inability to deal with all that (although it seems I didn't anyway!)

Sorry this is a bit rushed and probably repeating myself.

**Update- They have already managed to write a 2000 word (!!! again!) reply in about 2 hours this morning trying to invalidate every sentence I have written.

STILL referring me to this letter of authority, Terms of Engagement, Contracts, boxes ticked to say I'd read everything.

Quote-

'Please note; you have applied your signature on our Letter of Authority for each lender by signing an e-signature box once. This signature has then been applied to a Letter of Authority for each of the lenders you have selected when asking for a PPI check. The date on these letters has been automatically generated on the day which you have signed these documents. These letters were returned electronically on 01/08/19.
    You stated in your original email received yesterday that you remember agreeing to a free PPI check. As above, you cannot agree to a free PPI check without signing our Letter of Authority and reviewing our contract. I have already outlined that your signature may differ as it has not been signed on paper, but using a stylus, touchscreen device or mouse. After signing this document, you were provided with the option to save a copy of this and were thanked for providing this permission.'

As you have requested additional information as to how your signature was submitted to Allay, a full data trail has been completed to show that you enquired into our services via bank-refund-checker.co.uk at 12:00pm on 01/08/19. At this point you provided Allay with your full information and also signed our Letter of Authority. I have located the IP address of the device the information was sent from (please see below). I have searched for the IP address via whatismyipaddress.com and have found this to be within your local area of Swadingcote:

That's my area, I know that but it's not my signature & I do not remember signing or returning anything.

& still saying that my email on 1st August was only questioning their fees not telling them not to continue.
    It seems clear to me!

There is SO SO SO much in thier replies and communications, I don't know what to do & really don't have experience of this area of Law.

I don't know where I stand now. They're saying I can forward to the FOS etc & they (Allay) may not reply further.
    Does that stop them adding to this amount if they don't uphold my complaint? That's usually the next threat isn't it.

I really do not have time either with the usual struggle to keep everything going and keep an income coming in.

I daren't reply to them again without help/opinion, even to say/ask again that it's not my signature.
    I hate paying such an underhand company just to get them off my back.

Sigh.
    Tags: None

Hiya

Sounds like it's a bit of a nightmare.

If their reply to your complaint is a 'final response' you can go to the Ombudsman with your complaint now. However they have such a backlog it'll take around 6 months or so before they even look at it. Also there have been a couple of recent cases where the Ombudsman has found in Allay's favour. Having said that you've got nothing to lose by doing so other than months of uncertainty.

Because one of our members successfully defended in court recently I would be a bit surprised if Allay issued a claim for a relatively small amount. How much are they asking for?

If they did we may be able to help with a defence.

On the signature issue, as Allay have said you would have used a '' stylus, touchscreen device or mouse'', this is in fact contrary to FCA CMCOBS (the rules & guidance governing CMCs).

There is no provision in CMCOBS which allows a CMC to accept a digital signature on an electronic agreement unless it is an image of a hand written signature - see paragraph 2 below. You might want to inform them of such and see what they say?

Also there is the issue of Allay not complying with distance selling regulations by not providing you with a cancellation form or a copy of the signed agreement in a durable medium (a hard copy) at the point that the alleged contract was struck. These were issues that Allay lost the court case on.

I'm moving this thread to the Claims Management Forum. In order to reply you'll need to register as guests can only post once.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CMCOBS.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1558041

Comment

I too fell into the hands of allay who said the same things to me and also forged my signature. i was livid and put in a complaint because i had claimed on my own behalf. Interestingly i put in 2 claims to MBNA but somehow allay got hold of one of them. Now why would i do one myself and get allay to do the other one...I also put in 4 others to other companies so where allay got involved i do not know

I ended up contacting the FOS but they saw in favour of allay. The woman at the FOS even said i should have contacted allay when they sent forms to me, why would i contact a company i believed were sending me spam!. I never signed anything electronic and never would and certainly did not post back forms asking me for more information so was livid when i was sent their proof of my electronic signature. They even sent an IP address that didn't match mine but the woman at the FOS said i must have signed up at someone's else's home.

I tried to fight the case but it seemed to me that the FOS were on allays side the whole way. I did say this to the advisor at the FOS because it didn't matter what i said she just would not accept that there was a fraud in action and said it was not her job to decide if the signature was mine or not and that in the balance of probabilities she had decided that i had signed the paperwork and must have given allay all my details.

MBNA confirmed one claim was made by me but the other was made by allay and they corresponded with allay because they had no reason to believe the signature was not mine. I would have thought that they would have wondered why i would put in one claim myself and then get allay to do another but they just referred me back to allay complaints so i ended going around in circles I suffered mentally because of this and even more so because they started sending letters every couple of days. In the end a few weeks before Christmas i decided to pay them because they sent a letter telling me they would send bailiffs to my door

Now the amount was only for £87.50 but the hassle i was getting was driving me insane and after the FOS told me they believed allay i had nowhere else to turn. I had to use a credit card to pay them and just wanted the letters to stop. Interestingly after i paid i thought that would be the end of it. I took a photo of the page which said thanks for your payment and it also said i would receive a receipt ....i never got a receipt but about a week after the cleared payment i got another letter asking for payment.

I kept up to date with trust pilot reviews of allay because i knew there were many like me who had their signatures forged and their rating went from really bad to excellent in a matter of months, and after i queried this i was told that due to covid they could not invite people to review them but now they could. EVERY review i have ever given them on trust pilot was genuine but trust pilot took my reviews down so i think that allay also pay for negative reviews to be taken down. It is obvious that allay had started to suffer due to poor reviews so they decided to take action on trustpilot.

I do feel for you but i am afraid that you will not win because the FOS seem to think that allay are a good company. I even quoted the above which talks about a hard copy and was sent a very long email from allay stating lots of things i didn't understand (you can see this if you want)

I tried to fight because i knew 100 % there was some sort of fraud but in the end i got worn down. I did report to action fraud but never heard back from them.

I am afraid that unless you are willing to go to court you too will end up paying just to get the letters to stop.

Hopefully allay will be found out in the future and i will be first in the line to state that they got away with fraud and were protected by the FOS.

As you can see i am still hunting for others like myself because i cant believe that a company can get away with fraud to this extent and i hope that the relevant authorities will one day take action. Until then i wish you well and really hope you get some peace from allay the scammers

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        I too fell into the hands of allay who said the same things to me and also forged my signature. i was livid and put in a complaint because i had claimed on my own behalf. Interestingly i put in 2 claims to MBNA but somehow allay got hold of one of them. Now why would i do one myself and get allay to do the other one...I also put in 4 others to other companies so where allay got involved i do not know

I ended up contacting the FOS but they saw in favour of allay. The woman at the FOS even said i should have contacted allay when they sent forms to me, why would i contact a company i believed were sending me spam!. I never signed anything electronic and never would and certainly did not post back forms asking me for more information so was livid when i was sent their proof of my electronic signature. They even sent an IP address that didn't match mine but the woman at the FOS said i must have signed up at someone's else's home.

I tried to fight the case but it seemed to me that the FOS were on allays side the whole way. I did say this to the advisor at the FOS because it didn't matter what i said she just would not accept that there was a fraud in action and said it was not her job to decide if the signature was mine or not and that in the balance of probabilities she had decided that i had signed the paperwork and must have given allay all my details.

MBNA confirmed one claim was made by me but the other was made by allay and they corresponded with allay because they had no reason to believe the signature was not mine. I would have thought that they would have wondered why i would put in one claim myself and then get allay to do another but they just referred me back to allay complaints so i ended going around in circles I suffered mentally because of this and even more so because they started sending letters every couple of days. In the end a few weeks before Christmas i decided to pay them because they sent a letter telling me they would send bailiffs to my door

Now the amount was only for £87.50 but the hassle i was getting was driving me insane and after the FOS told me they believed allay i had nowhere else to turn. I had to use a credit card to pay them and just wanted the letters to stop. Interestingly after i paid i thought that would be the end of it. I took a photo of the page which said thanks for your payment and it also said i would receive a receipt ....i never got a receipt but about a week after the cleared payment i got another letter asking for payment.

I kept up to date with trust pilot reviews of allay because i knew there were many like me who had their signatures forged and their rating went from really bad to excellent in a matter of months, and after i queried this i was told that due to covid they could not invite people to review them but now they could. EVERY review i have ever given them on trust pilot was genuine but trust pilot took my reviews down so i think that allay also pay for negative reviews to be taken down. It is obvious that allay had started to suffer due to poor reviews so they decided to take action on trustpilot.

I do feel for you but i am afraid that you will not win because the FOS seem to think that allay are a good company. I even quoted the above which talks about a hard copy and was sent a very long email from allay stating lots of things i didn't understand (you can see this if you want)

I tried to fight because i knew 100 % there was some sort of fraud but in the end i got worn down. I did report to action fraud but never heard back from them.

I am afraid that unless you are willing to go to court you too will end up paying just to get the letters to stop.

Hopefully allay will be found out in the future and i will be first in the line to state that they got away with fraud and were protected by the FOS.

As you can see i am still hunting for others like myself because i cant believe that a company can get away with fraud to this extent and i hope that the relevant authorities will one day take action. Until then i wish you well and really hope you get some peace from allay the scammers
        I can only sympathise with you. I would warmly encourage you to report your experience to FCA. The office responsible for supposedly regulating them is undefined james.fisher@fca.org.uk

Comment

Good news on anyone dealing with the Allay (UK) Ltd issues. Allay UK were dissolved on Friday the 26th of February 2021. 'Allay Claims' are also overdue on their Corporate submissions to Companies House as of the date of this post - December 27th, 2021.

Some individuals who were presented with a document from Allay and prefixed with ELOA will show their 'electronic' signature on that very form included a default 'on the day engagement' electronically generated 'date'. On that very same form, you will also note that Allay are allowed to transfer this 'agreement' to 'Allay Group Ltd' (So-Called Agreement ELOA paragraph 12).

As of the date of this post - 27th.December, 21, Allay group's existence is also about to be dissolved as per the dissolution resolution dated Tuesday the 7th of December 2021. This information is openly available online. Just search 'Company search', Companies house and enter 'Allay Claims Ltd' 'Allay UK Ltd' and Allay Group Ltd'. The direct Url to Companies House is far too long.

However, Allay appointed CRS - Credit Resource Solutions Ltd to recover their debts. Another Company who shares many of their Corporate Directorship with CRS are the newly founded AJJB Law. (Same People - Different label) Individuals who are Directors of CRS and also AJJB Law include - Mrs Caroline Burston, Benjamin Calvert, and Elias Reitter. Many websites will of course steer you towards the Calvert family as the architects of these Companies.

Don't be frightened by the 'Law' term here. It's pretty much the same Company as CRS (Credit Resource Solutions) In fact CRS is the parent Company of AJJB Law. Scary? Shouldn't be.

If any of these two Companies are chasing you for debts owed to Allay and you 'did not' engage Allay to represent you in your PPI claim, ask them to proceed with the CCJ (County Court Judgment) process. Only do this, if you know that you did not officially engage Allay to represent you.

If you have been bombarded by text and email messages from Allay or their representatives, the CCJ process will provide you with ample opportunity to make a 'Counter-Claim' on the very same document without the need for you to pre-empt any legal action and costs yourself, to cover any disruption and harassment you have endured. This should include dates, times you were contacted with messages. I suggest that you compile this into one single pdf. As for text messages, send each one via email to yourself, whilst maintaining the messages on your phone. Do not delete these messages from your phone. They may well be needed later. Once you've received your own messages via email, copy each one including the date and time and compile the pdf in chronological order.

Also note that if you ever receive a letter from CRS or AJJB Law titled 'Letter Before Claim’ ,and in accordance with 'Pre-Action Protocol', check the date that you received this correspondence. If you received this letter after the 26th of February, 2021, then CRS and/or AJJB Law are making a claim on behalf of a Company (Allay (UK Ltd) that no longer exists, i.e. the day that Allay (UK) Ltd were officially dissolved.

This may well be the ideal time for you to present your complaint directly to their respective regulators - The SRA for Solicitors and the FCA for the Debt collectors.

Hope this helps those that have been harassed and bullied. Do not be scared of the due legal process if you 'know' that you're in the right and did not sign and engage Allay to represent your case, you can go a long way on your own, but 'may' need professional legal representation on the final hurdle. Remember that bullying is part of their act and they are subjective rather than objective to the situation. They represent their clients, not you. All too often this subjectivity proves to be their weakness.

Documenting as much as you can is vital for a successful outcome. Remember that the onus of proof is on the accuser and not the accused. If the ELOA form is all they have, then relax and wait for the CCJ (County Court Judgment) documents by conventionsl post. It may well prove to be a gift, rather than a burden.
          Last edited by LLion; 27th December 2021, 18:58:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LLion View Post
            Good news on anyone dealing with the Allay (UK) Ltd issues. Allay UK were dissolved on Friday the 26th of February 2021. 'Allay Claims' are also overdue on their Corporate submissions to Companies House as of the date of this post - December 27th, 2021.
            Allay (UK) Ltd have not been dissolved. Although they changed their name to UK GPC Ltd on 3 November and are 6 months overdue filing their accounts, they are still a going concern.

UK GPC LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Allay Claims Ltd filed their accounts (which were also previously 6 months late) on 23 December, although they are yet to file their confirmation statement.

ALLAY CLAIMS LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Our advice has always been that nobody should pay Allay or anyone representing them if they didn't provide their informed consent make claims. If anyone receives a court claim they should defend it on that basis and also Allay's failure to comply with the durable medium requirements of the distance selling provisions of the Consumer Contracts (Cancellation, Information and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

Allay LOSE in Court - LegalBeagles Forum

Comment

EXC, Hi,

Thank you so much for clarifying a few points.

My point on this was that Allay (UK) Ltd no longer exists and ceased to trade under that name on the 26th of February 2021, (although there is a contradiction on the Companies House under the UK GPC Ltd account section that states this to be later - i.e. Nov 2021) and that AJJB Law are disingenuously stating that they have been instructed by 'Allay (UK) Ltd' as recently as December 2021 to represent Allay (UK) Ltd's debt recovery.

There is no evidence on the Companies House register to suggest that Allay (UK) Ltd are still in existence. However, under the 'Cessation Details' on document PSC07 it does show when this Company ceased its business under that name. I understand that you have highlighted that there was a name change from Allay (UK) Ltd to UK GPC Ltd. However, this still does not alter the fact that AJJB Law are chasing debts owed to Allay (UK) Ltd, even now in December 2021.

At the very least, it's disingenuous for AJJP Law to be sending out Pre-Action Protocol letters out on behalf of Allay (UK) Ltd which no longer exists.

Of course I made no mention that Allay Claims Ltd, no longer exists, I simply stated that their Accounts submissions are seriously overdue. Unless they do so very soon, they will need to endure the lengthy challenges of the Bona Vacantia process or be struck off.

The same situation applies to UK GPC Ltd. I suspect that the cessation of these two Companies isn't too far away. After searching UK GPC Ltd, it appears that they are now down to a sole director - Mr Fabian Sebastian Thorpe.

Take care,

Llion

Comment

For those who are interested in seeing the Directors of Allay, here’s the link

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busi...reate-11913425

Stuart Phillipson Bell.
                This guy is also a current Director at The Citizens Advice – Gateshead (Company No 02631064) Check out his record. Possible material for BBC Panorama!

https://find-and-update.company-info...8/appointments

Andrew Mark Stokoe

https://find-and-update.company-info...s/appointments

Comment

My point on this was that Allay (UK) Ltd no longer exists and ceased to trade under that name on the 26th of February 2021
                  Then why say they were ''dissolved'' and as such was ''good news''? That's misleading and may give their victims false hope. Additionally they changed their name on 3 November and not 26 February.

Comment

Sincere apologies for that. That was a genuine mistake and there was certainly no intent to mislead anyone. I should have said no longer exists, which certainly does not by name.

I have received a 'Letter Before Claim' letter from AJJB Law under the Pre-Action Protocol, dated 16th of December 2021, which states :-

"We are instructed by our Client Allay (UK) Ltd, in relation to the above outstanding debt. If you do not provide payment proposals to repay this debt, or respond as detailed below, legal proceedings may be commenced against you in the County Court without further notice".

My situation is similar to the experience of some of the others on here - I presented my own Claim, which the Bank confirmed, along with a claim presented by Allay without my authority or knowledge. I had never heard of Allay before they contacted me by telephone and subsequently by 102 text messages over two years. Within the first 20 or so messages, I was threated by Allay with a 'High Court Enforcement Visit'. Messages from thereon included requests to complete the application which I did not submit either.

If AJJB Law would present a CJJ application under debts owed to Allay (UK) Ltd, it would surely fail? That was my main point. Also, they have a duty under rules stipulated by the FCA to inform the 'debtor' of any changes to who the monies are owed, ie. in this case UK GPC Ltd, not Allay (UK) Ltd.

Despite several requests to Allay, CRS and AJJB Law to proceed with litigation (CCJ) they have been reluctant to proceed to date and continue the same process by the hope of expecting a different result.

Take care,

LLion

Comment

Sincere apologies for that.
                      That's ok.

There are two potential issues with the transfer of debts/name changes but you shouldn't rely on them as being an absolute defence.

Firstly the invoices were originally issued by Allay Claims Ltd but the remaining outstanding 'debts' were assigned to Allay (UK) Ltd last year. They have the right to assign the debts but should have notified you of such. They may say they did but it would be difficult for you to prove that they didn't.

Secondly and as you know Allay (UK) Ltd changed their name to UK GPC Ltd on 3 November so technically the the letter of claim you received is on behalf of an out-of-date entity but it's only a technicality which a court may well accept.

You must respond to the letter of claim within 30 days regardless. Also by responding you are making it clear that you intend to defend any claim, making it less likely they'll issue proceedings. You need to tick box D (''I dispute the debt'') and where it asks why put ''I deny having entered into any binding agreement with your client and as such deny any liability to them''. There should be a section where you can ask for documents so list everything you can think of but include the URL that the contract was allegedly struck on, the application form itself and all the letters between Allay Claims Ltd and your banks.

Don't fill out the Financial Questionnaire as it's only relevant if you admit the debt.

I don't know of anyone who has actually received a claim after they have returned the reply form indicating that they will defend. AJJB are utterly hopeless and are just hoping the letters of claim will scare people into paying.

How much are they asking for?

Comment

EXC, Hi.

That information is very useful. Much appreciated. Their request is for £3157.52.

I will scan this document today, fill as you advise and sent out on recorded. I just find it so strange that I've asked Allay, CRS and AJJB Law to initiate litigation so many times and they still revert to the first stage, i.e. - ' Pay up or we will litigate' Bizarre.

Take care and thank you.

Llion

Comment

That's quite a large amount and as filing a claim doesn't cost much I wouldn't be surprised if they file one if only in the hope that you pay up. We've only seen one claim issued recently when the defendant didn't respond to the pre action letter. We've filed a defence but the particulars of claim were so poorly drafted it was a joke so hopefully the court will strike it out on that basis.

Comment

I'm expecting the CCJ process to happen and as previously mentioned, have requested they they pursue this route several times for the sake of ending the whole saga. I'm confident of the outcome though. I never engaged with Allay, before they contacted me in late August 2019.

Allay stated that the online engagement with them came from a certain IP adrress that turned out to be in Manchester. I'm over a hundred miles away from that area. When I checked the adresses of all electronic items at my address, PC's Pads etc.., none of them tallied up with anything anywhere near what they provided. After notifying Allay of my findings, they said that the IP adress issue was irrelevant. I then asked them why sould they bring the IP address up in the first instance? They never responded to that question.

I have never signed a digital signature online. The only digital signature I would ever provide is for a postal / courier delivery driver at the doorstep. The other versions that I have sent to known and trusted Companies are actual scans of an original.

When and if the CCJ comes through, I'll post the particulars on here if that's ok with you?

Thank you again.

Take care,

LLion
                            Last edited by LLion; 30th December 2021, 12:01:PM.

Comment

When and if the CCJ comes through, I'll post the particulars on here if that's ok with you?
                              Yes of course.

If they're anything like the POCs someone else got you'll understand why I said they were poorly drafted. Bearing in mind the date of issue of the claim was 15 October, see how many errors you can spot. They're in double figures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	POCs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1601128

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X