• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay claims

Hi, I’m another Allay victim. It looks like they are about to take their claim to court, iv had two pre action letters in a week.
    My experience seems to mirror that of other forum members.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by BJR View Post
    Hi, I’m another Allay victim. It looks like they are about to take their claim to court, iv had two pre action letters in a week.
    My experience seems to mirror that of other forum members.
    Hiya

If they do issue a claim we might be able to help. We recently assisted someone successfully defend a case.

Could you briefly tell us what your story is?

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

Thanks for that,

My tale seems to follow the usual timeline.
      I received a notification from my bank ( Natwest RBS)
      acknowledging my PPI claim. I was unaware at the time of Allay Claims part in this, I had never heard of them.
      I processed the PPI claim with no external help and RBS accepted my claim.
      At the same time I had a “we’ve won” letter from Allay, also claiming their fee!
      I approached the ombudsman with all my documentation, they responded saying that Allay seemed to have a claim against me, this despite my never having signed anything with Allay
      Ive sent a subject access request to both RBS and Allay Claims. RBS have acknowledged this, Allay haven’t.
      This week I’ve had two pre action protocol letters from Allay, both dated 25th November.
      Allay’s claim is in excess of 4K for their fees, I’m wondering if they are about to issue a summons.
      I’m not sure what else I can do and would appreciate your help,

thanks, BJR.

Comment

Ok thanks. A few questions:

1. Did you make the claim to RBS yourself and if so when?

2. Do you have the notification from RBS that your claim was successful and did it mention Allay?

3. The Ombudsman would normally only look at a case if you had first complained to Allay, so did you and could you post it up here? (redacting any personal info).

4. Could you also post up the response from the Ombudsman?

5. Did you ever respond to a 'free PPI check' advert on Facebook? Possibly under the heading of Angies Advice?

Comment

Thanks EXC,

1/ I received a PPI standard claim form from RBS with no mention of Allay Claims on it which I sent in. RBS referred to my “complaint “.
          I hadn’t made a complaint, I assumed they were referring to something historical as I have banked with their business banking for over 45 years and may have discussed PPI with my relationship manager.
          2/ I’m awaiting response to my SAR from RBS, they say about 4 weeks.

3/ I’ve never signed a contract with Allay Claims. The first I had heard of them was the “we’ve won” letter.

4/ I did respond to a social media ad some time ago.

5/ the ombudsman referred in his decision to a document and emails from Allay. He seemed to have had sight of these, which is more than I have.

6/ Allay haven’t responded to my SAR.

Thanks. BJR.

Comment

Just re-read your post. I wonder if it would be easier to send the ombudsman’s email to an email address if you could give me one.
            The response seems identical to one I’ve already seen on the forum,

BJR

Comment

Originally posted by BJR View Post
              Just re-read your post. I wonder if it would be easier to send the ombudsman’s email to an email address if you could give me one.
              The response seems identical to one I’ve already seen on the forum,

BJR
              Ok send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Yes it's very similar to another forum member's Obudsman's response, and concerningly written by the same individual.

Just another couple of questions, sorry to keep asking them:

1. Have you any idea what and when you responded to the social media ad?

2. Do you have a copy of the claim form that RBS sent you and when was that?

Comment

Hi
                  Not exactly sure when the social media post was. I await RBS SAR for a copy of my PPI form.

thanks BJR

Comment

Ok but it would be helpful to know when Allay claimed that you digitally signed the agreement. It matters because the FCA's Claims Management Conduct Of Business rules came into effect on 1 April 2019.

Their rules only allow for an image of a hand written signature to be inserted into an electronic agreement, and not for one to be signed electronically using a mouse or touch screen (as Allay usually claim the customer did). See below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CMCOBS.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1556672

Comment

Thanks,

The RBS data will hopefully shed some more light on this, I’ll let you know when it arrives.
                      its notable that copies of this contract and anything else from Allay never dropped through my letterbox. As soon as the claim was accepted by RBS the deluge of mail for payment demands was unstoppable!

BJR

Comment

Ok let us know about any developments.

Comment

Hi, update to Allay Claims.I received a response from Allay yesterday. They’ve included a copy of the agreement and it has an electronic signature dated 15/07/2019.Interestingly it’s an initial rather than my normal signature. It is worth noting that I used the same initial rather than my signature when I submitted the SAR.
                          it looks like they may have copied that initial.
                          This is the first time I’ve seen any of their documents. Their paper trail to my started 23/10/2019 with the “we’ve won” letter.
                          I had never heard of Allay Claims on that date and certainly hadn’t signed anything.
                          I await RBS SAR response.

Thanks , BJR.

Comment

Ok. Do you have a copy of your initialed signature you used for your SAR to them to compare it with?

Comment

Yes, it looks quite similar, although the date with it is definitely not my writing.I can scan it and attach it to an email if you think there’s any value in it.

BJR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X