• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

new: H&T buyback query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point taken, but if seller does not have good title to goods he cannot generally pass good title to would be purchaser.

Vodafone's general terms and conditions:
    -Equipment – Any tangible material, but not a SIM Card, supplied by Vodafone to Customer, such as a mobile phone or a connecting cable
    -...Customer shall not resell or otherwise distribute the Equipment or Services.

All H&T want is their £200 back.
    If they don't get it they could initiate court action (but probably won't as OP has no money anyway) or just let Vodafone know (and we know what they are like)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Point taken, but if seller does not have good title to goods he cannot generally pass good title to would be purchaser.

Vodafone's general terms and conditions:
      -Equipment – Any tangible material, but not a SIM Card, supplied by Vodafone to Customer, such as a mobile phone or a connecting cable
      -...Customer shall not resell or otherwise distribute the Equipment or Services.

All H&T want is their £200 back.
      If they don't get it they could initiate court action (but probably won't as OP has no money anyway) or just let Vodafone know (and we know what they are like)
      It seems I did have the right to sell phone. i spent time talkin and on chat with voda and both confirmd (i saved chat transcript) that i am the owner of the phone from day 1 of contract, not vodafone. and that i can sell it immediately as long as i keep paying them the monthly contract charges /(which i have been unable to do).
      whats prob happenned is that voda blocked the phone due to overdue in the account, and h&t ccan't sell on the blocked phone.
      voda is prob doing the blocking illegally- but to challeng them the phone owner has to get in touvh and pay the overdue to lift the block...

any suggestions..? thanks

Comment

Well as Vodafone have confirmed you can sell the phone, I don't see that H&T can do much about it.
        Vodafone have blocked it, but you presumably never warranted it would not be blocked.
        If they want they could possibly have it unlocked by "Bob down the road"(I'm guessing)

I can't see the police being interested ... they will probably say it is a civil matter.

Vodafone of course will be pursuing you for breaking the contract, but how far they will take that I don't know.

Comment

Well as Vodafone have confirmed you can sell the phone, I don't see that H&T can do much about it.
          Vodafone have blocked it, but you presumably never warranted it would not be blocked.
          If they want they could possibly have it unlocked by "Bob down the road"(I'm guessing)

I can't see the police being interested ... they will probably say it is a civil matter.

Vodafone of course will be pursuing you for breaking the contract, but how far they will take that I don't know.

So i called H&T and it turns out they were unable to oeprate the phone becuase of a SIM lock which is now resolved (it was not blocked or anything)- they went all guns blazing sending the letter bcos of that. they generated a letter with false charge and several threats.

I was going thru the website for similar issues- isn't there issues here in terms of false accusation + data privacy violation + regulaory code violations. i atchhed their letter in a prveious post.

can i ask them to say sorry and compensate me for all this..?

expert views appreciated! thanks

Comment

You can ask, but I doubt they will co-operate.
            They made a strongly worded demand which has now been retracted.
            You can't get compensated for that

Comment

You can ask, but I doubt they will co-operate.
              They made a strongly worded demand which has now been retracted.
              You can't get compensated for that
              what about unfair pressure tactics... such letters can't be allowed surely which have no fact basis? at the very least this process shud be reported and made fairer, more transparent ?

Comment

The letter you posted in Post 7 would not be construed as threatening.
                They set out the facts as they saw them what they wanted you to do to correct the situation and what steps they would take if you did not settle.
                Normal

Comment

Originally posted by Peter83 View Post

what about unfair pressure tactics... such letters can't be allowed surely which have no fact basis? at the very least this process shud be reported and made fairer, more transparent ?
                  Solicitors do this kind of thing all the time.
                  It's just a strongly-worded letter hoping that you would not know any better.
                  Now if they'd have been threatening to send the 'boys' around to " 'Ave a word, like!", then different!
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X