• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

so help me im going to kill someone!!
    ive been on the phone for an hour!! 3 different numbers fobbing me off. its with the recovery team for who they dont have a number!
    ive been told by 2 numbers that i can only have the balance of whats left after the overdraft charges have been paid( they werent in the claim but applied after)
    my account is apparently not closed(very convenient)
    the other number says i can get an encashment for the whole amount...yea right
    i dont think ill ever see this money to be honest,
    the money hasnt as yet been put in the account but they wont give me a cheque and now ive been told to phone the first number that i called an hour ago!! i wish i could scream! AARRRRGGGHHHH this whole situation is ridiculous, its a hardship claim for charges ive already paid out of my benefit and i was just told that its not to be spent as i want but to repay the charges in my account,(caused by one charge which has escalated to over £700) yes cos thats more important than rent and keeping bailiffs out!!!
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    oh and they dont know when itll be paid in ....
    Last edited by archer_66; 6th April 2009, 11:30:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Legal Beagles - View Single Post - 6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

easier if the accounts not actually closed. Even if they havent decided what they are doing yet I'd be tempted to take in this letter to try preempt them - never know if they get this they might decide to pay by cheque after all.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok i will do ill get it done now. thanks Ame , but they can still refuse even when its given?

Comment

Yes they can. We can fight it if they do...and it can't hurt.

The Rent arrears are the most important - and you'll have enough to pay those off even if it fails.

We should also get a letter ready to make a payment offer to collections for the overdraft.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

well if you've already paid the charges how can they take them again? or do you mean that there is a balance on your account made up of charges? In which case you haven't paid them, if the balance is still overdrawn. Because tbh, if you haven't paid them, then you can't have them back, so to speak. Am I making sense? If this was a normal claim, not hardship, then any outstanding overdraft balance would be taken out of the amount due, wouldn't it? So you would end up with the balance. How much would the claim be for without the extra charges added on?
            Is no longer here

Comment

Thats exactly right Wendy. Thing is this IS a hardship claim and she needs the money to stop bailiffs on the council tax and consequences of the rent arrears. She does need to set up a payment arrangement on the remainder of the overdraft though.

Theres about £200 plus the interest still to come after the test case.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes and ive just written a letter asking for details of all charges added since the 1/10/07 which is what the balance on the overdraft is made up of. I didnt put a claim in for them as yet cos of the stay on the cases. but i shall now. i havent had any statements detailing the charges as the account had been stopped.
                the overdraft is over £700 at the moment which i havent claimed for. it started off as one charge for a direct debit being refused and it escalated

Comment

Ask the bank now to add those charges on to the claim.

ie if they insist on paying the OD off they need to up their offer by the £700 so you can pay the co tax etc to help with the hardship.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

on the phone now, at the moment im talking to someone who is saying that if a hardship claim is accepted then they go through all your account and refund all charges.
                    shes come back and said... they wont be refunding any charges past the 6 year mark. the offer they made me is for all charges added to the account from March 07 to march 09
                    my original claim that i assumed they were looking at had a few charges from 07 and the rest were for previous yrs 1999,2000 and 2001.
                    so where does this leave me?
                    sorry to be a pain but this is hurting my head

Comment

6 years is standard especially for hardship you can try for the limitations act after the test case if they dont sort it during proceedings.

So they have offered you everything to date since 2001, including that £700.

If they are still insisting it goes to your OD I think we will have to try the FROA. It is unusual to use it for this purpose but anythings worth a shot.

Basically you have £500 left after the £700 is paid - so thats half the co tax and the full rent arrears isn' t it if the FROA fails.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes theyre saying theyve paid the £700 thats overdrawn and everything from march 07 til present day.
                        ive written my letters now,
                        appropriation and letter of complaint stating limitations act, just putting them in envelopes ready to post later today.
                        in their letter they mentioned nothing about the offer being from 07-09 which i think was very deceitful of them.
                        just have to see what they say now although i can guess!! lol
                        shame i thought it was all over now.
                        so the saga continues
                        and yes you have the amounts for bills right Ame

xx

Comment

on monday i had a mad writing fit due to being a bit angry
                          i wrote 4 seperate letters to natwest. which were all for different things. the 2 important ones were the letter hand delivered to natwest for the forst right of appropriation and one to the main team in debt management for repayment offer.
                          the money has cleared into the account today(was put in 6th) so i phoned up my branch and asked if the full amount was available as requested in my letter.... she had no idea what i was talking about. i explained to her as much as i could and she said it was like encashment then..
                          she had no record of my letter and asked me to phone back saturday(i got her name) she said all mail gets sent to their customer service centre and nothing is on the system as yet. she asked me when the billd were due and i said January! lol
                          well it was true
                          wonder what theyre going to have as an excuse saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by archer_66 View Post
                            on monday i had a mad writing fit due to being a bit angry
                            i wrote 4 seperate letters to natwest. which were all for different things. the 2 important ones were the letter hand delivered to natwest for the forst right of appropriation and one to the main team in debt management for repayment offer.
                            the money has cleared into the account today(was put in 6th) so i phoned up my branch and asked if the full amount was available as requested in my letter.... she had no idea what i was talking about. i explained to her as much as i could and she said it was like encashment then..
                            she had no record of my letter and asked me to phone back saturday(i got her name) she said all mail gets sent to their customer service centre and nothing is on the system as yet. she asked me when the billd were due and i said January! lol
                            well it was true
                            wonder what theyre going to have as an excuse saturday?
                            That is not good enough. If you took the letter in by hand on Monday then letters would be sent to a customer service centre for scanning onto the account(3 days max in my experience). Did you keep a copy? I think Lending need the letter and I think the branch can fax it to them TODAY as it will be scanned onto the account TODAY and can be agreed TODAY.

Comment

just phoned again. branch is busy so was put through to customer services. she had no record of the letter and phoned credit management for me. they had no idea about where it had gone either. i have to take a copy upto the branch to fax it to credit management team. i could happily sit down in a corner and cry right now
                              x

Comment

nowt to offer but a big hug :hug: and a kiss:kiss: x

Dont give up and dont let the buggers get to you.. :hug:You are one strong lady you can kick their ass xxxx
                                Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                                Me VS Abbey Win
                                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                                BIL EGG
                                BIL HSBC Loan
                                BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X