• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest Hardship Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natwest Hardship Claim

Stacey, I think that looks fantastic and I would give additional details, I have rent arrears of x amount, council tax arrears at x amount and water rates at x amount, etc,etc,.

Comment

Hi stacy - am going through your letter now - have you completed one of our Income Expenditure sheet ?

Its a great start

Ame
      xx

Originally posted by ~stacy~b View Post
      Finally have put toghether my letter after adding loads and taking loads off! not really sure if its ok so thought i would post it to get peoples opions i hope you dont mind.

Dear Sir/Madam
      Ia m writing to request that you repay all the default charges applied to my account in the last 6 years.
      I beleive these charges are unfair and do not reflect the true cost to Natwest of going into unauthorised overdraft. The charges total £3664.10
      i beleive I have been unlawfully deprived of the money and therefore ask that you repay me the full amount.
      I note the FSA's definition of fanancial hardship as drtailed in the updated waiver and beleive that i meet these criteria for the following reasons.
      After the birth of my third child and having nine months of maternity leave I went back to work last July. My youngest went to nursery a day nursery but as my 4 year old has specail needs I struggled to find anyone with the appropriate experience to care for him, so unfortunately i had to leave work in September to become his full time career.Since then we have been struggling to meet monthly payments on all of our bills.
      Rent arrears, council tax, water rates and a large court fine are our main priorities, of which we are finding it hard to pay the current rates and amounts off the arrears.
      I have cancelled all direct debits and standing orders on this account, and have had my benefits paid into another account as my money was being swallowed up in charges.I have also requested that my account be frozen to stop anymore charges, but for some unknown reason it hasnt.
      I have provided proof of the above as much as i can, and will happy to provide any more information you may need.
      As the FSA waiver states that you should deal with my hardship case i would ask that you deal with my case as urgent.
      Yours Faithfully

Thanx if you got this far!!
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

my idea x I am sure someone will correct my spelling and grammer for me

Dear Sir/Madam
        I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges applied to my account in the last 6 years. I believe these charges are unfair and do not reflect the true cost to Natwest of going into unauthorised overdraft. My charges total £3664.10

I note the FSA's definition of financial hardship as detailed in the updated waiver and believe that I meet these criteria for the following reasons.
        After the birth of my third child and having nine months of maternity leave I went back to work last July. My youngest went to nursery a day nursery but as my 4 year old has special needs I struggled to find anyone with the appropriate experience to care for him, so unfortunately I had to leave work in September to become his full time carer. Since then we have been struggling to meet monthly payments on all of our bills.

I have rent arrears of XX amount Please see attached information (Can you give document evidence of this?)

I have council tax arrears of XX Please see attached letters.

I also have utility arears of XX Please see attached bills.

I also have a large court fine of XX amount which needs to be paid by XX date

I have cancelled all direct debits and standing orders on this account, and have had my benefits paid into another account as my money was being swallowed up in charges. I have also requested that my account be frozen to stop anymore charges, but for some unknown reason it has not.

I have provided proof of the above as much as I can, and will happy to provide any more information you may need. I have also attached an income and expenditure sheet .As the FSA waiver states that you should deal with my hardship case I would ask that you deal with my case as urgent.

Yours Faithfully
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

cool ta macho xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

WOW!!! such quick replys thanx!
            nattie- Thanx,i was going to add the amounts but didnt want to seem like i was waffling!
            Amethyst- I havent filled one in as i was told they would send me one, also i dont have a printer, i dont think they would accept a hand written one??
            Mochamoo- Thanx that "looks" alot bettter than my original and is also worded alot better!
            mmmmmm im not sure wot do now about the IE.

Comment

for the IE, you could go to a local library and print it off or if you have a fax machine you can email it to me and I could fax it to you? or you could change the bit I wrote in red to say you await the speedy arrival of their Income and expenditure form?
              Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

A handwritten one would be acceptable....they may send you their own to complete as well but if your situation is urgent then providing the figures with this letter may speed things up and get you prioritised.

They should get their initial reply to you within 5 working days.

Yes definately include the amounts.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, i didnt send natwest an ie form i just detailed my debts/incomings and outgoings and just filled in their ie form when they sent it to me. I dont think it held things up. Your letter sounds good by the way. x

Also, send recorded next day delivery if you can and chase up on monday to see they received it. x

Comment

Hello Stacy, and a big welcome.
                    You're in the right place' people here are so friendly and helfpul.
                    Good luck with your claim! I just got over £8000 back frm Natwest and I'm still walking on air. Towards the end they were very helpful, friendly -- and QUICK!

Originally posted by strugglingmum View Post
                    Hi again Stacy,
                    That's sounds good so far, I also wrote very personal explanations of why I was in hardship in my letter, I think there may have even been a few salty teardrop stains on it too lol I have to say it looked nothing like the template letter by the time I'd finished, and followed up with phonecalls almost daily, take a look at the contact numbers for natwest that I've given, and ask away if you need any help xx
                    Strugglingmum is right on. Remember they are people on the other end, and those people are not responsible for the charges. Let them see YOU as a real person too, so don't go all legal and official on them...
                    Keep sending follow up letters. Let them know how you are suffering and let them know that they can relieve that suffering. Masybe they also have a special needs child, or know someone who does. The personal touch works best, I believe!

Comment

Originally posted by ~stacy~b View Post
                      hi im just in the process of tryin to write my claim letter ive based it around a template from another website, is there any on here? Im not really to sure how much detail to go into,.
                      Also just received another huge bill, for a court fine of £1262.92 which i was payin weekly at £20 standing order but i cancelled all s/o and direct debits and had my child benefit, tax credits and careers allowance (which i receive for my 4 year old son), paid into a new basic account.
                      Anyway ive just phoned the courts nd they will now not accept weekly payments and they want the payment within 14 days, and they have issused a warrant to seize and sell my goods! wtf do i do now? sorry for goin on with myself
                      Will Natwest look at my claim as a matter of urgency if i ask them too?
                      hi im not trying to be nosey... but this isnt for council tax and equita is it??
                      also natwest ask for proof of bills owing so might be an idea to send photo copies of them in as well cos they were taking about 3-4 weeks to reply for each letter
                      hi by the way

Comment

Hi just a quick update really! i bant beleive how long ago it was i first posted on here!
                        Well after one thing and another i finally got all my paperwork together and sent it off first class ,recorded delivery(Thanx to all the brilliant advice of here!)
                        Received acknoledgement of my claim about 2 weeks later also all my paperwork back. I wasnt really sure what should happen after that so i gave them a call and they informed me that i would need to fill in there IE form which came a week or two later.
                        At this point it was the school holidays so with 3 boys i never seemed to have time to sit down and fill it in plus they wanted another good explanation of how i got into financial difficulty.(this kinda made me think they hadnt actually read my first 4 page letter! and that they had probly just copied it before they sent it me back,maybe?)
                        Anyway last week out of the blue i had a letter saying they agreed i was in financial hardship, I had to send back my bankcards and cheque book, and i would recieive an offer!!
                        I couldnt beleive it, i practically ran all the way to my bank and handed them in! So now im just waiting for the letter with my offer, i called on Monday to make sure they had confirmation of of my local Natwest destroying my cards, they were very helpfull and informed me that my offer was sent out on the 11th, so fingers crossed hey!!
                        Will hopefully update soon.
                        Any questions just ask and i will hopefully be able to answer and maybe help others.xx

Comment

Well done Stacy - I hope its a decent offer.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Lovely news Stacy, well done Enaid x

Comment

Thankyou!!!
                              Ive just been thinking is there anyway i could be told of the amount over the phone and what the contact number is?
                              The department i have been calling say they dont have the details,its just that i have a housing officer coming round this afternoon to decide wether she will accept me on the transfer list, would love to be able to tell her im in the postion to be able to clear my arrears off, as this is the main reason they will not consider me for a move

Comment

Ive had an offer!!!!!
                                Details on the success page.x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X