• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ** hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
    I received a call from Abbey just about 10mins ago , telling me that they were in the process of concluding my claim but needed an Income and expenditure sheet in order to do so . The gentleman I spoke to said he would send me one out and I should get it next week , I explained that I had sent one with my original package and they had received that package next day before 1pm delivery and I had confirmed with the P.O that they did get it. He calimed they sent me one on feb 26th but I told him I had received no such request . (I obviously would have responded right away)

He apologised and repeated that he would have to send me one out, and it should arrive by next Tuesday,no need I told him I have an electronic copy and could fax it to him right away !.

So he gave me the fax number and I have re-sent it and have a proof of fax transmission to prove they got it this time.

I was stunned to get a call at all , but I am baffled as to where this is now!

I hope it is nearing a conclusion and hopefully a positive one , very nervous now! Fingers crossed!
    Did you get his name to give a quick follow up call to to make sure he got it ?
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I have his name but the telephone number was witheld, he called my mobile number. I have the Fax number
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Have spoken to customer complaints and the man was not at his desk so she said she would make sure he calls me back to confirm its receipt when he returns.

I also aske dher at what stage it was at she said it was almost completed , can only wait now , but will post as soon as I receive his call.
      He has called back and said he did get it and that the case manager was matching it up to my account and i would be contacted very soon , good grief its all kicking off now !

Very, Very Very nervous now!
      Last edited by hoops-morton; 1st April 2009, 13:21:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      'Be Traist'

Comment

Good Luck lets hope you do hear back from them soon!!

Comment

Further to the telephone call today , I got home and there was a letter from Abbey dated 25/03/09

Dear XXXX

We are in receipt of your claim under financial hardship and are currently reviewing your Abbey account listed above. While your claim is under investigation Abbey will suspend debt collection activity on your account,which means we wont write to you or call you about any arrears.

Following our investigation Abbey will contact you again to confirm if your claim was successful and if so will advise you of the amount we are going to refund to your account.

In the maentime , could you please read the following advice on avoiding future fees on your account or call 0800 0113 142.

-ensure direct debits collect on or just after your usual pay day.
          -do not use cards or chequebooks unless you are confident that funds are available.
          -know the balance of your account
          visit the bank to check
          --call telephone banking on 08459 724 724
          -use internet banking

-if you know funds will not be avilable for a direct debit please cancel this instruction at least the day before it is due

- check your statements - Abbey will always tell you when interest / fees will be debited . Ensure you will have enough funds in your account to cover this debt.

-if you do start getting into difficulties , please contact us as soon as possible

yours sincerely

Abbey collections.

Just thought I would post this up so anyone else following can see what they say when they get to this stage.
          Last edited by hoops-morton; 2nd April 2009, 07:16:AM.
          'Be Traist'

Comment

Getting there, slowwwwwwwly

Changing title for you as req xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

I just noticed that I forgot to list the new fax number given to me by Abbey to fax any further documentation to them ,(dopey!)

it is 01908 344 605 dont know if this one has been listed before but this one apparently goes direct to the claims investigation team rather than being sent to the previous one and then passed on to them so hopefully will mean they will get stuff faxed for them quicker.
              'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
                I just noticed that I forgot to list the new fax number given to me by Abbey to fax any further documentation to them ,(dopey!)

it is 01908 344 605 dont know if this one has been listed before but this one apparently goes direct to the claims investigation team rather than being sent to the previous one and then passed on to them so hopefully will mean they will get stuff faxed for them quicker.
                Do you want to post that fax number in the Abbey contact details bit, hoops?

Comment

I have put it in there already Nattie thanks.

Abbey Contact Details - Legal Beagles

Comment

Just gave Abbey my 'normal' Monday call seeking an update and the lady told me it was in its final stages , and was awaiting authorisation but she could not tell me what the decision was at this stage,but I would be hearing from them in the next couple of days for sure and checked that they had the correct Mobile number for me .

Not sure if its good or bad, hard to tell.
                    'Be Traist'

Comment

***DECISION MADE.***.......I called Abbey this morning and was told that a decision has now been made , I asked the Lady what it was, (naturally curious!) but she told me she was unable to say as it had to be approved or signed off by someone but I would be contacted in the next few days by letter.

I would like to know ASAP for obvious reasons , should I follow this up with a further call tomorrow and or be a real pest and call every day until they surrender and tell me !lol!

Any thoughts on whether this could be favourable , Im demented! lol!
                      'Be Traist'

Comment

Tomorrow is a bank holiday so no doubt they will not be at work until tuesday. Perhaps a further phone call this afternoon and a timescale or when they will know. Keep at em, hoops.

Comment

Well, chances are that its a yes, cos it's got to be signed off by someone. You could try phoning again, and hope you get a different person who will actually tell you, but sometimes they are just not allowed, probably because until it's actually signed off and approved then it's not definite. If they told you it was xxx amount, then it didn't get approved for any reason, you would be devasted, not demented lol. I think you may just have to wait with baited breath till it drops through the letter box mate. You could try asking them to email it to you, stress the fact that with the bank holiday coming up (no post on Good Friday and Monday) this will delay maatters, your creditors are pressing you etc..

Sounds like you are nearly at the finishing post with this now.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks Wendy, much appreciated . just have to bite the nails a wee while longer I guess !
                            Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                            Tomorrow is a bank holiday so no doubt they will not be at work until tuesday. Perhaps a further phone call this afternoon and a timescale or when they will know. Keep at em, hoops.

Thats a good point, I think I will try that, your help is very much appreciated.
                            Last edited by hoops-morton; 9th April 2009, 09:31:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            'Be Traist'

Comment

Good luck to you! I know just how excrutiating the waiting can be..

Comment

Originally posted by arunadasi View Post
                                Good luck to you! I know just how excrutiating the waiting can be..

Thanks It is VERY excrutiating! lol!
                                'Be Traist'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X