• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

outspoken vs abbey - *** SUCCESS ******

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: outspoken V abbey

Originally posted by outspoken View Post
    OMG OMG OMG!!!

Ronan just rang!! Abbey agree we fit the hardship criteria and they are willing to settle one of our claims at 65% the sum offered is £3327.63 (which is inclusive of the CI interest!!!! :tinysmile_aha_t: ). The other claim will remain stayed until the court makes a decision (plus I also have one that is stayed at MCOL level but didn't mention that!!!). I can hardly remember all that he said as I was in such shock!! What I do remember him saying is that it is a godwill payment. He is raising a cheque and it will be paid into my account on Friday and should clear by the end of next week.

There is nothing for me to sign (or at least he hasn't told me there is) and all that he said he required was verbal confirmation that I accept this a goodwill guesture as a valued customer of Abbey to help me in my time of financial hardship. I think I threw him a bit coz i just kept saying thank you - think I also scared the hell out him when i told him I could kiss him for giving me such good news!!! I think he was rather grateful to be phoning me and not in a face to face meeting!!

This helps us out of a hole in so many ways - I can clear all my arrears and actually breathe easy and not dread the postman's delivery each day

Thank you Abbey!!!!!

He also said i was the first one on his list to call - he has had a batch back, so will be phoning others - so BF I really really hope you are one of those hun and that you have the same good fortune I have had

Wooohooo !!!! Congratzs Jen:cheer2:

Hi Jen !!!!

I'm flippin shocked !!!!!! :jaw: Congratulations !!!! and well done Jen.. you've been waiting as long as I have LOL.. hope you feel a lot better now he has called you, cos it was horrible having to wait and wait.. You should go and have a stiff drink now !!! lol Am hoping he will call us by end of today.. but if not.. will give him a call tomorrow morning.

BF xx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

Re: outspoke vs abbey - OFFER RECEIVED

Well done Outspoken, you are the 2nd one to day I have heard about. You must be over the moon.

Enjoy xx

Comment

I am absolutely thrilled - i just wish yopu were celebrating too - it seems so unfair as you have been waiting as long as i have. You try giving complaints a call - maybe that's what pushed mine alone in the end????

I know that I now need to refocus on my other claims as I am confused as hell as to where this leads me. here are my thoughts.....

I had done a spreadsheet for above 2 claims and merged them to one spreadsheet - however i now need to seperate these again, as Abbey have made it very clear that the payment is only for the first claim, then the 2nd claim is unaffected by the payment - that was their offer on the claim and i have accepted it. Even if they come back at a later at and say it was incorrect it was a goodwill offer, therefore they cannot reclaim it back???

So if Abbey wake up at some point and realise that perhaps they don't like the amount of interest i have added to the claim, then am I right in thinking that's tough and has no bearing on any subsequent claims.

I know how lucky i am to have been given this offer Is it a case of Abbey's loss is my gain - But will it come back and bite me on the backside at some point???? I do feel it's Abbey's responsibility to argue interest etc, after all Abbey have had ample time and opportunity to look at my case and consider the interest aspect, but apart from the initial query from Ronan, it has never been mentioned again. A huge part of me says "keep my trap shut and wait it out to see what heppens" Although I'm frightened this come back and bite me

Actions
        Do nothing and say nothing to Abbey and keep my head done until the OFt case is resolved or until the claims start again in court.

Meanwhile do a spreadsheet for each claim and re work the interest to the 8% stat, so I know what an offer should be.

The chances are that the offer I have received for the claim will more than likely be a F&F settlement if Abbey decide that the interest charged is not to their liking

Keep thanking my lucky stars for such a brilliant offer.

Comment

All three claims are the same account arent they?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

FANTASTIC NEWS OUTSPOKEN! Well done and Congratulations xxx

:cheer2:
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Jen, you cannot break down their offer into part charges / part interest neither can they really say that it is purely in respect of one claim etc etc. They haven't asked you to discontinue any court claims and you are not going to do that anyway. You will leave all three claims open ( in a stayed state ). What they have offered you is a goodwill gesture that they will eventually wish to take into account ( as a total figure ) against any outstanding ( total figure ) that is due to you once the test claim is resolved.

When the test case is finally resolved there will no doubt be High Court issued guidance issued for the settling of stayed County Court claims and advice on any compensatory interest to be paid. You will of course be free to continue your personal claims but it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to secure anything different from what is agreed between the OFT and the Banks and or sanctioned by the Court as far as any interest element is concerned.

Some of us are working behind the scenes and trying to influence a favourable outcome for any eventual interest element to be calculated on a compound basis. ( Tom Brennan is pushing for this in Deroechelles hearing tomorrow, I have my Capital One hearing on friday ) Hopefully one or both of us or someone else will be succesfull in creating some form of precedent that everyone else can pick up one and utilise within their own claims. We could also use such a precedent and bring it to the attention of the OFT and trust that they will work on our behalf for inclusion of this provision as part of the test case resolution, there are lots of possibilities.

Personally I think Abbey have messed up on your goodwill gesture and paid you a bit more now than they were perhaps intending. That's great from your point of view.

As I suggested in previous post Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

and yes ................

Do nothing and say nothing to Abbey and keep your head down until the OFT case is resolved or until the claims start again in court.

Meanwhile do a spreadsheet for all of your outstanding charges ( combine all three claims together ) work the interest to the 8% stat, so you know what any future offer should be. If you list all your charges in a statutory interest spreadsheet I will do a special version for you showing all the different types of interest possibilities and also colour code it so that you can relate back quickly to indiviual court claims. At least you will know exactly where you are with these claims.

And yes - Keep thanking your lucky stars for such a brilliant offer.

and yes, get going on some of your other claims !

AND ONE LAST BUT VERY IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER - IF THE BANKS WIN THE TEST CASE - YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MORE FROM THE ABBEY - SO PLEASE USE YOUR GOODWILL GESTURE WISELY
              Last edited by Budgie; 10th September 2008, 16:40:PM.

Comment

Re: outspoken vs abbey - OFFER RECEIVED

Thanks hun. I guess because I started with RUC and each claim was treated seperately that I can't quite get my head round the fact that they are all one claim.

I will do the spreadsheets, am still waiting for the statements so I can include any new charges over the past 18 months. I PROMISE to email a copy when it's done

Thanks for all your help - you are an angel - you all are

Comment

Fantastic!

I am so pleased for you

It seems like LB cases are on a roll!

Encouragement for everyone else to keep trying.

Scooby
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS.............WELL DONE HUNNY
                    XXXXX

Comment

I know one thing I will definately be doing and that is making a donation to the site in way of thanks for all the support you guys have given me.

You'll have to wait till the cheque clears tho

Comment

Oh Jen what wonderful news hun ... many many congratulations!!!!

And let's all keep our fingers crossed for bloominuisance ... oops! slip of the fingers there sweetie ... Blooming Flower (you know I'm only teasing don't you Jas ... love ya to bits really )

Honestly, on a serious note Jas ... I'm really rooting for you as I'm sure everyone on here is. Lots of luck.

jax

Comment

Just to echo everyone else, WELL DONE xx

Comment

well done fab news congratulations to you :cheer2:
                            i too got a call from toby bond, well i guess ronan did nt want to hear me again lol
                            they kept over a thousand so i will be joining you and reclaiming and mind was a gogw
                            so now we will have to get heads together to to continue for the charges they have kept from us hugs
                            ABG

Comment

A belated

CONGRATS

Comment

As promised Abbey paid the cheque into my account today - and they even rang me to let me know they had done it!!! According to the on line banking it will clear on the 17th Sept - I'm hoping they don't clear my OD facilitywith it!!!!.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X