• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer

Thankyou Ladidi
    You have certainly inspired me to go after what is mine, letters have been posted so I guess all I can do now is wait and see what comes of it. I have also decided to go after the credit card companies that I have been waiting to do.

thanks again for your thread it is most helpful!!
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Yes, please I am in need of some help in drafting the letter for the courts, if I should be sending something to them. I thought it might have be a draft of change of amount due? If I`m making sense on that bit.

A the letter to got o Abbey to inform thanks for part payment etc but I wil be wanting the remainder when this resolved and therefore the bank account is still in dispute and you will get your money back when I get the remainder of mine words to that effect.

I was told by the bank the money will be cleared come Tuesday, so I will need to have soemthign I can forward to Ronan by email Tuesday morning cos I`ll have me bit of dosh and he will have a Thank you, but I want the rest as well :P Lol

Forgot to add, account is still open but not being used in anyway and all monies I did have going in there is no longer going in there and yes balance owing on account is not accruing interest or penalties, I made sure of that when I had account placed on hold pending test case

Comment

OK, I would be pleased to draft something up for you tomorrow morning and get Ame and Cetelco to check it before posting here.
        I think it would be sensible to actually have one letter that could be sent to both the Court and the Abbey. Just so the Court also have it on file that you are discontinuing your court claim but that you expect Abbey to abide by the Waiver guidelines once the test case is resolved ( neat little twist ).

Budgie

Comment

yep indeedy....all this agreement is getting annoying actually. Can we have a row pls.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Ok Ame, Lets have row as I could do with a little of a girlie giggle and thinkin about you tearing your hair off at me :argue: haha

BTW Thanks Budgie, I appreciate you and Ame and Cet doing the letter I need to be sending to the courts and the Abbey, letting them know I have not totally gone away just yet
            Last edited by Ladidi; 31st July 2008, 18:55:PM.

Comment

You asked for it lady

This is just my personal opinion ok. Why don't you pay off that overdraft and get it out the way.

Okay they have agreed not to chase you for it but it is still there, it is made up of charges which you havent paid when it comes down to it, and in six months or a year whenever the test case is sorted then if it hasnt gone your way you'll have that debt still sitting there and they will be able to chase. If it does go our way then brilliant, you'll get the refund of the rest and pay it off then....but if its already paid off, you will have that money in your pocket.

If you get it paid off you can close that account and get away from it and just look forward to a bit of extra dosh at the end of the test case, rather than a weight round your shoulders for the rest of it.

I don't know your personal circumstances too well so its hard to say, if you do have other more pressing debts then obviously use the money for those first. Thats just what I would do.

(I'm crap at rowing aren't I)
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                You asked for it lady

OOOHHHHH mama - looks both ways to see if there is any escape :P

This is just my personal opinion ok. Why don't you pay off that overdraft and get it out the way.

I could but I dont want to, they have made me and god knows how many others wait for so long for what could have been resolved so much quicker if they had only took their big heads out of their a**es and listened.

Okay they have agreed not to chase you for it but it is still there, it is made up of charges which you havent paid when it comes down to it, and in six months or a year whenever the test case is sorted then if it hasnt gone your way you'll have that debt still sitting there and they will be able to chase. If it does go our way then brilliant, you'll get the refund of the rest and pay it off then....but if its already paid off, you will have that money in your pocket.

I now have £4k in my pocket, well for all of five minutes, by the time we have paid off the bills to keep the wolves from the door, we will have a little bit left to be able treat the kids and ourselves something we have not been able to do for a long while..

If you get it paid off you can close that account and get away from it and just look forward to a bit of extra dosh at the end of the test case, rather than a weight round your shoulders for the rest of it.

I agree, it would be a weight off our shoulders if we paid it off, I just feel that if they can make their customers wait, they should wait, and besides the bills would never have been so high had they not been greedy and ripped us all off in the first place..

I don't know your personal circumstances too well so its hard to say, if you do have other more pressing debts then obviously use the money for those first. Thats just what I would do.

(I'm crap at rowing aren't I)
                No your not crap honey, your just a damn good trier

Comment

Lol, aye okay....just keep in mind you MAY end up with that as a debt at the end of it all....hopefully not if things keep going our way.

:kiss:
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Dont worry hun, I have thought of that, i feel that Ok I should pay them but I am not going to just yet, but that doesn`t mean to say I will not pay them at all. We have thought about the bill and agree it should be honoured should things not go our way, so we plan to set money aside for when that eventuality comes. So if things do not go our way then we can give them whats due and if it does then we have a little savings as well as little extra

Comment

Do you have a number for the legal team? I would love top contact them and see if they will settle our 3 claims (all 3 are stayed at present) but the number I have for them is no longer current and when I phoned their main switchbpoard they just put me through top a pre recorded message. when i called back they said they don't have a direct line for the legal team and if I wanted to Abbey to look at the case i would need to send a budget form in and their borrowing centre would look at it to see how they could help. They said it wouldn't be passed to the legal team and that our court cases were irrelevant to the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by outspoken View Post
                        Do you have a number for the legal team? I would love top contact them and see if they will settle our 3 claims (all 3 are stayed at present) but the number I have for them is no longer current and when I phoned their main switchbpoard they just put me through top a pre recorded message. when i called back they said they don't have a direct line for the legal team and if I wanted to Abbey to look at the case i would need to send a budget form in and their borrowing centre would look at it to see how they could help. They said it wouldn't be passed to the legal team and that our court cases were irrelevant to the situation.
                        email addy.. ronan.coyle@ashurst.com

This is also the tel.no - 02077564398..

Let us know if you need any help with either a letter or an email etc and or let us know how the phone call goes.

Budgie

Comment

Here you go Ladidi,

Suggested letter to send to Lloyds as soon as cheque has actually cleared into your acccount.

Don't forget to discontinue court claim at same time.

Budgie

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I confirm receipt of your letter dated xxxxxxxxxx and also that the enclosed cheque for £xxxxx has now cleared into my account.

I will write to the court and discontinue claim number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I do not consider that your gesture of goodwill payment has been made in full and final satisfaction of my claim and expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidlelines of the FSA “waiver” from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                            Here you go Ladidi,

Suggested letter to send to Lloyds as soon as cheque has actually cleared into your acccount.

Don't forget to discontinue court claim at same time.

Budgie

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I confirm receipt of your letter dated xxxxxxxxxx and also that the enclosed cheque for £xxxxx has now cleared into my account.

I will write to the court and discontinue claim number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I do not consider that your gesture of goodwill payment has been made in full and final satisfaction of my claim and expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidlelines of the FSA “waiver” from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many Thanks for this Budgie I will send this via email to Ronan first thing on Tuesday Morning. Do I send the same thing to the courts or do I send them something different along the lines of ending the case or ammending the amount due?

Ladidi

Comment

The only way you can amend the claim is to file an N244 and pay a fee. This particular claim is settled and you should inform the court of this, once the cheque has cleared.

Should the test case be settled in our favour and Abbey not pay you the rest, you will need to bring a new claim. However, once the test case has been decided and if it is decided against the banks, there is likely to be a simplified claims procedure. Of course, until that time, we have no way of knowing what that might be.

Therefore, you should send the court a simple letter, such as the one below informing them that the current claim is to be withdrawn.

Your Address

(Date)

Court Manager
                              Your Court

Dear Sir

Withdrawal of Claim number (Claim Number)

Please take this letter as my notification of the withdrawal of the above claim as it has been settled in full.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Well done Ladidi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X