• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED**

Hi everyone,

I have been in contact with Ame who is helping me re my financial mess. She has advised me that I could re write to Abbey and ask them to re look at hardship status and see if they are prepared to payout the remaining balance due.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can put in this email?

I have done an Income and expenditure sheet, and made loads of cut backs.

Any advice would be greatfull appreciated as soon as.

Thanks

Ladidi

Comment

Ok an update, I have an income and expenditure sheet prepared and ready to go with email.. I am just needing some advice as to what to put in the email.

So far all I have is this..

In light of a change of circumstances and my husband being out of work since the end of September 2008. I am enclosing and income and expenditure sheet for your attention. I would appreciate if you could look at my case re fianancial hardship and pay the outstanding monies due which would help me to pay the mortgage arrears and keep my home over everyones heads.

I am sure not what else I can put..Does anyone have any advice on this.. Thanks

Comment

The bailiff thing with the council tax and any action the mortgage company may have indicated would be good with copies of arrears letters. Havent dealt with a second claim on same account under hardship yet so, again, you are a tester lol.

Now the first payment they gave you after your IE etc, but they didnt attach it to any specific debt or calculate it due to specific debt. They may ask what you used the original payment for so be ready for that. Will have a think about letter too, i know Tools has had a look at your case as well so see what he thinks too.

Great progress on the financial statement side and GMAC thus far honey xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok I can do copies of the letters, however I cant do them today as I dont have a scanner to be able to do so.

I am trying to get through to the mortgage company to see if they will add the arrears to the balance.

I know it would be a waste of time with capstones, cos they dont move no one enless your handing over readies..

On my new income and expenditure sheet I am still over budget by 205 and thats with none of the other debts being paid a penny..

BTW, dont I just love being a guinea pig hehe

Also when I made my first claim to them I never submitted an income and expenditure shet to them. I just told them I was on hard times lol and they agreed to pay out after a bit of huffing and puffing.

Comment

You were one of the first hardship ones to get paid out from Abbey under the new waiver terms, so think we shall have to do a bit more work this time.

Need a plan for capstones...did you start a thread on it yet? put that latest letter on it too.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              You were one of the first hardship ones to get paid out from Abbey under the new waiver terms, so think we shall have to do a bit more work this time.

Need a plan for capstones...did you start a thread on it yet? put that latest letter on it too.
              Yup so true, everyone just followed suit and said follow that woman she will show you where the money is...lol

Yup I agree, not looking forward to dealing with them, they drive me insane..lol

I have not put a thread on it yet, will put one up when I am able to get hold of a scanner so sched d letter can be included

Comment

Mornng all,

Ok I am requiring some help with a letter to issue to Abbey to see i they are prepared to give a full final setlement of balance that is owed.

I am in financial straits, Ame is helping me with this. I have an I/E for ready to go as well scanned letters of how bad things are. Ame is removing my personal details from these before they are being posted so help and assistance an be offered in relation to this.

Can anyone offer some ssistance by way of a letter I can send to Abbey to see if they are going to helpful of not helpful. As you will see, I am about to become a guinea pig for this as this has not been tried or tested to see if bks are prepared to help those who need it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ladidi View Post
                  Can anyone offer some ssistance by way of a letter I can send to Abbey to see if they are going to helpful of not helpful.
                  I would start by using your initial hardship letter and tweaking it to suit your current situation.

Try that and post it up and we can help you tailor it to suit

PKea

Comment

Ok here goes..

Dear XXX

In light of our curernt circumstances and the current climate with my husband Mr XXXXX now being out of work since 01/10/2008 and myself Mrs XXXX being the only income provider and not having enough income to meet out goings I hve now found myself in a financial mess.

I am enclosing a detailed income and expenditure sheet to give you the details of this and also copies of letters which show how much of a mess we are in financially and the fact that if payments are not bougt up to date soon we will lose our home.

We are behind with our mortgages and council tax and service charges. So far they have been patient but as you can see they are no going to take us to court for our home.

We would gratefully appreciate it if you could help us by paying the balance due of XXXX for bank charges owed which is the only way we can pay off these bills and keep our roof over our families heads.

We thank you for you time in this matter.

Yours Sincerly

Comment

More update.

I have finally got through to the mortage company and they have said they will allow me to pay my new monthly payment plus 1 pound off arrears for the next 3 months.

They are going to reveiw this in March as it will tell them whether my payments will be increasing or decreasing.

I asked them about capitalising the arrears, and they point blank refused this. Said they did not offer this service. I said well if they did, it would be so much better than chasing for a payment at this point in time a lot of people cannot make. It would be good business for them and good for the home owner as it would take pressures off during the current climate. They are sending me a letter confirming agreement in place and have assured me they will not be taking me to court as long as i dont break the agreement.

Now for the second charge company..not holding out much hope with them as they are complete waste of time.

At least with my having an agreement with the main mortgage provider we can breathe relief that they cannot force the sale of our home or eviction..

Comment

thats brilliant news well done

I've got your docs and will edit them and put them up in VIP xx

Looking at the letter now
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok hunny cheers

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          thats brilliant news well done

I've got your docs and will edit them and put them up in VIP xx

Looking at the letter now
                          More update.

I have finally got through to the mortage company and they have said they will allow me to pay my new monthly payment plus 1 pound off arrears for the next 3 months.

They are going to reveiw this in March as it will tell them whether my payments will be increasing or decreasing.

I asked them about capitalising the arrears, and they point blank refused this. Said they did not offer this service. I said well if they did, it would be so much better than chasing for a payment at this point in time a lot of people cannot make. It would be good business for them and good for the home owner as it would take pressures off during the current climate. They are sending me a letter confirming agreement in place and have assured me they will not be taking me to court as long as i dont break the agreement.

Now for the second charge company..not holding out much hope with them as they are complete waste of time.

At least with my having an agreement with the main mortgage provider we can breathe relief that they cannot force the sale of our home or eviction..

Comment

Dear XXX

Firstly, thank you for the interim repayment of charges which were unlawfully taken from my account. You will be aware that I do not consider that your gesture of goodwill payment was been made in full and final satisfaction of my claim and continue to expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidlelines of the FSA “waiver” from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

You will be aware that there is an amount outstanding totalling £XXXXX charges and interest thereon which currently totals £XXXXX (we need to work out recent charges & interest that they repaid and sort out spreadie for the remaining charges then add the 8% PA on - oh court costs will have to come out the original amount too so bit of juggling and recalc needed)

Since this interim payment has been made, my husband Mr XXXXX has become unemployed since 01/10/2008 due to XXXXXXXXXXXXx and his income is currently only made up of Disability Living Allowance (is that right?). I have become the sole earner which has meant a drop of XX% income per month, and although we have adjusted our expenditure so far as possible thus far, we do not have enough income or benefits to meet our monthly essential outgoings.

I am enclosing a detailed income and expenditure sheet to give you the details of this and also copies of letters which detail the pressing issues below;

Mortgage on home - £2800 in arrears - ACTION DUE

Council Tax - £XXXX in arrears - ACTION DUE

Secured Loan - £XXXX in arrears - ACTION DUE

We have been in contact with the Consumer Credit Counselling Service and are currently negotiating with our creditorsand mortgage lender for some respite whilst my husband seeks new employment/gets better?

It would greatly assist us if you could help us by paying the balance due of XXXX as detailed previously. (possibly writing off the abbey overdraft wants a mention?)

Thank you for you time in this matter.

Yours Sincerly
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Dear XXX

Firstly, thank you for the interim repayment of charges which were unlawfully taken from my account. You will be aware that I do not consider that your gesture of goodwill payment was been made in full and final satisfaction of my claim and continue to expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidlelines of the FSA “waiver” from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

You will be aware that there is an amount outstanding totalling £1362.13 charges and interest thereon which currently totals £170.33. Total ammount payable from yourselves £ 1532.46
                              Since this interim payment has been made, my husband Mr XXXXX has become unemployed since 01/10/2008 due to a break down he suffered and his income is nil. I have become the sole earner which has meant a drop of 75% income per month, and although we have adjusted our expenditure so far as possible thus far, we do not have enough income or benefits to meet our monthly essential outgoings.

I am enclosing a detailed income and expenditure sheet to give you the details of this and also copies of letters which detail the pressing issues below;

Mortgage on home - £2800 in arrears - ACTION DUE

Council Tax - £499.95 in arrears - ACTION DUE

Secured Loan - £800 in arrears - ACTION DUE

We have been in contact with the Consumer Credit Counselling Service and are currently negotiating with our creditorsand mortgage lender for some respite whilst my husband gets better and is able to find new employment.

It would greatly assist us if you could help us by paying the balance due of £1532.46 as detailed previously, we would agree this balance could be paid direct into our Abbey account effectively clearing the balance due leaving the remainder to help us pay towards the arrears that are due on our priority debts.

Thank you for you time in this matter.

Yours Sincerly

Comment

Re Mr X - is he not entitled to any benefits ? I assume from this that the DLA is yours?

also you need to change ACTION DUE to the possible actions faced and what the letters say you received, ie for council tax say about the bailliffs.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X