• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER Accepted :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER RECEIVED Hardship

Well done Jester.

Your reasoning is sound and I am sure you have probably made the right decision.

Congratulations on a job well done

Best Regards
    Budgie

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
      Tsk....has taken me ages to find this thread since Ame moved it !!

OK. Update.

Mr Smithard is apparently on holiday all of this week and I am told he is the only one who can discuss this with me.

So, because money in the hand is worth more to me at the moment than a prospective haggle that I might not win (or at least not at this point), I've decided to err on the side of caution and have accepted their offer. Letter went off in the post this evening.

I appreciate Budgie's POV on this and had I been able to speak to Mr Smithard, then I would have argued to get the offer up a little bit. But as the offer was time-sensitive (from the date the offer was sent) of 10 days (and it took 3 days to reach me), then I did not feel able to risk missing the deadline just for the sake of a couple of extra quid.

As 'she who must be obeyed' commented, we will get the money back when the OFT case is over and decided in our favour anyway. If I don't get a job before long then it will all be a mute point anyway. If I do get a job then when the remainder is paid out then at least I might be able to do something with it other than throw it down that eternal black hole that is the mortgage !!

So, hopefully this means that the repo order hanging over our heads will be banished. I will update the 'all-monies mortgage' thread if and when RBS lift that repo order.

Thanks to all,
      Jester
      Tsk ! I left a blooming great redirect

and bloody great news

CONGRATULATIONS !!
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am very pleased for you Jester on two counts, one you saw sense and two, your result on this matter Enaid xx

Comment

Congratulations Jester

well done, fantastic result
          and good luck with the interview too

Comment

Re: Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER Accepted

Jester I am sooooooo happy for you I could cry (happy tears)

wishing you all the luck in the world in getting that job now
            Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Well done Jester hun, now go get that job ffs.

Comment

RESULT MATE

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS JESTER!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Congratulations and Celebrations Jester !arty:

Its really good to hear about your good news ! Well done to you and good luck for your future !

BF xx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

• Re: Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER Accepted

Wow - away for a week and look what happens.

Well done Jester

I am so pleased for you .hope this is a turning point for you and your family

Jan
                      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Ok Folks...what hopefully should be the final update on this until the OFT Test Case is resolved (and I go after FD for the remainder of the monies they owe me !!)

This morning, I received my cheque from First Direct. OH has taken it into Town with her to pay into the bank.

The accompanying letter that came with the cheque asked me to call them regarding the payment to First Active (my mortgage provider). Spoke to Steve Smithard and he told me they had a problem paying First Active as a sort-code is required for First Direct to perform the money transfer and First Active would not give it to them (First Direct already know the mortgage account number)

So, called First Active and got the sort-code off them. They told me they had refused to give the sort-code to First Direct because they did not have a letter of authority off me to release it to them (before anyone comments on that, I am pleased they said that as it shows they are taking Security seriously).

Anyway, got the sort-code off First Active, but was somewhat bemused at their comments about my payments to date. They told me thankyou for all the interest-only payments and that I was all up-to-date (which is odd as neither the DWP or ourselves have made the September payments to them yet !!). They then further confused me by telling me the arrears as at 30th September (we haven't reached that date yet) was £4400 (not the £3700 that I was expecting or First Direct paying). Seems to me that the girl at First Active is having a bad day today and is somewhat confused. Once the DWP release this month's money to them and we make our portion of the interest-only payment, then there should be no arrears at all.

That said, I will be checking back at the end of next week to make our portion of the interest-only payment and also to check that everything has gone through from the DWP and First Direct.

Called First Direct back with the sort-code. Mr Smithard told me that the money would be paid directly to First Active at 3pm this afternoon and that it would be a same-day transfer (funny how they can do same-day transfers when paying each other but when I move money from one bank to another it takes 3 days !!).

Mr Smithard also told me that they had paid Metropolitan Collection Services their portion yesterday.

So, two out three of the promised payments have been made by First Direct, and the third will be completed at 3pm today.

So that draws this part of my claim against First Direct to a conclusion and also means that I should be fully up-to-date with the mortgage payments by the end of this month.

I need a stiff drink now to celebrate !!

BTW, still not been told the result of the job interview I had last week. Gonna chase them up again this afternoon, but it does not look good !!

Comment

All good there Jester mate.

Time to enjoy some of YOUR money

Comment

Nice one jester

Comment

Well done Jester - bet you cant believe you have got this far.

Now this should give you a breather to concentrate on finding employment.

fingers crossed for you - and best wishes to your family.
                              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X