• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER Accepted :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jester Vs First Direct

Just read again that the best way to contact him is on the email addresses or call Mary McCullum - she is secretary - Michael Duncan was his right hand man - apparently he will get letter if you send it that way . scooby
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Excellent. I'll send the above via email to Mary McCullum. If no response is forthcoming by Wednesday next week, I'll make it formal and send it as a letter thru snail-mail.

Thanks Scooby

Comment

Somewhere on here I thinkthere is a link to the gude to banks on the mortgage code

will post it if I can
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        send copy to FSA as they are now responsible for mortgage code
        Last edited by scoobydoo; 2nd August 2008, 12:21:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

Hi Jester

Are you also going to send a copy of the the arrangement agreement - I take it you had this in writing! I thinks that would help.

Good Luck with this

All the best

xx

Comment

Paperwork is still in the hands of the solicitors at the moment. If they've not returned all my paperwork by Monday I shall go down to their offices to get them. They had better not have lost that letter though. It's bloody important !!

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Hi Jester

Are you also going to send a copy of the the arrangement agreement - I take it you had this in writing! I thinks that would help.

Good Luck with this

All the best

xx

Comment

Yay, there's allot to be said for bare faced cheek sometimes

sorry I've not been around for a couple of day's, think ya jinxed me hun.... the pc build did not go to plan at all PMSL
              The letter looks great hun, and yes I think you should forward on a copy of the agreement you had with the collections team.

Comment

It has been sent by email thru Mary McCullum. I shall be contacting my solicitors today to get back all of my paperwork (including the written confirmation of payment agreement).

I can then send them a copy of that agreement if/when requested.

I shall make allowance until Wednesday for a response to my email. I fnothing is forthcoming, then I shall issue the letter formally through snail-mail and also copy the FSA on such a communication, referring them to the Banking Code and where this has been breached.

Thankyou everyone.

Comment

An Update:

Some progress has now been made. Following HSBC's CEO Mr Geoghegan instructions to the relevant department to look into my situation, I have today received a communication from Steve Smithard of First Direct's Credit Services Customer Relations Dept.

It said:

Having reviewed the content of your claim, I require the following information in order to make a full assessment of your current circumstances:

• Copy statements for the last six months of your main bank account
                  • Copies of correspondence from RBS relating to your mortgage arrears and their proposed court action
                  • Paperwork confirming your Debt Management Plan and the amounts outstanding to your creditors

Once the above information has been received, I will assess your request for a refund of charges.

No problem whatsoever in complying with this. Have enclosed my last 6 months bank statements (held with another bank since FD withdrew my banking facilities) which does not make for pretty reading. It even shows monies going in and out of the account that I was forced to borrow from relatives to be able to pay my mortgage.

Am sending him the copy of the payment schedule I received from RBS (posted on another thread) including their intention to obtain an Unconditional Possession Order from the court. Just to back that up, I am also sending him a copy of the paperwork from Swansea County Court which confirms that RBS succeeded it getting an Unconditional Possession Order on my home.

Finally, spoke to the people at my Debt Management Company and explained what is happening and they are putting together all the paperwork I require from them and emailing it all to me so that I can include it with the letter back to First Direct.

With this little bundle of proof, they cannot deny that I am serious financial difficulty.

I will hopefully get all this out in the mail this afternoon (by recorded delivery) depending on how quickly my debt management company can get the email to me with all their stuff. They are aware this is time sensitive and promised to get everything to me before close of business today.

I will post an update when one is forthcoming from First Direct.

Comment

Well done Jester, fingers crossed that they will come back with a positive offer of settlement.

Good Luck

xxx

Comment

I got everything crossed for you. Good luck:tinysmile_grin_t:
                      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Well, it is now exactly one week since my return letter was signed for at FD in Leeds. Heard absolutely nothing as yet in regard to this so it may seem as though HSBC are determined to take as long as they possibly can over this !!!

Comment

Call them?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes I would - even if it is just to ask how long they will take to make a decision.

dont forget back to FOS if no joy

Comment

Had a letter from FD this morning. Apparently they have been trying to contact me by phone. But I don't answer the home phone as it is usually either somebody trying to sell me something or else someone demanding money off me that I don't have. That said, I have an answer-machine so they should have left a message asking me to contact them !!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they asked me to phone them with details of how much in arrears we are with our mortgage. So I happily gave them that information (currently just over two months worth now - which is increasing as I am only making interest-only payments at the moment) over the phone.

I re-emphasised to them that this is time-sensitive as I am in serious danger of losing my home and asked how long it will take them to come to a decision. I was assured that I would hear from them in writing within the next 10 days.

So, fingers crossed that it goes the way I want it.

Also, found out this morning that I have been short-listed for a 3-month contract in Exeter. Just waiting to find out when the interview will take place now.

Comment

Good luck Jester
                                I'll be keeping my fngers crossed for good news on both counts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X