• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Provident finance irresponsible and unaffordable lending complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provident finance irresponsible and unaffordable lending complaint

A little guidance needed ,after complaint to provident finance relating to what I believe to be there irresponsible and unaffordable lending methods concerning 10 loans I took out with them starting from 2004 -2007 they have stated that they are not concerned about there actions as these loans were taken out before 6 of April 2007 and they do not fall under the jurisdiction of the financial onbudsman as they were taken out before this date . Two of the loans are still active and they are still being persued by a dca. Can someone please shed a little light regarding whether or not the fca would persue the two loans that are still active.
    Tags: None

If the loans are still active and unpaid, why would they not chase payment? Maybe I have misunderstood your question? Can you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
      If the loans are still active and unpaid, why would they not chase payment? Maybe I have misunderstood your question? Can you clarify?
      I am trying to establish whether or not the fca onbudsman would take on my complaint relating to the circumstances in which these loans were taken out .The fca state they cannot take up complaints before April 2007 But as these loans are still active I am trying to get verification if they would still be taken up by the onbudsman.I am quite aware they still have the right to Chase payment But I also have a right to querie whether or not these loans were given to me irresponsibly .

Comment

Originally posted by Rangy1963 View Post
        I am trying to establish whether or not the fca onbudsman would take on my complaint relating to the circumstances in which these loans were taken out .The fca state they cannot take up complaints before April 2007 But as these loans are still active I am trying to get verification if they would still be taken up by the onbudsman.I am quite aware they still have the right to Chase payment But I also have a right to querie whether or not these loans were given to me irresponsibly .
        I assume no one forced you to take these loans out and not pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post

I assume no one forced you to take these loans out and not pay them?
          I am after a little advice not comments like this please take your comments down before I report to the sites admin please.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangy1963 View Post
            I am after a little advice not comments like this please take your comments down before I report to the sites admin please.
            Good luck with that

Comment

So when were the loans taken out? When was last payment? Have you sent a CCA request?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                So when were the loans taken out? When was last payment? Have you sent a CCA request?
                The loans were taken out 2006 and the last payments made were April 2020.I was minimal amounts on these loans.I requested a Sar and they gave me all loan argreements .

Comment

The debt could be statute barred
                  Last edited by EnglandPi; 10th March 2021, 14:57:PM.

Comment

Why would you believe a lender who says you can't complain to the FoS? They want you to repay, not to highlight their bad practice
                    That advice in itself could give you reason to complain if it is incorrect as being misleading advice.
                    Put your complaint in, explain you only recently discovered you might be entitled to complain, and that the lender told you that you can't.

Here is an article about the matter; https://debtcamel.co.uk/fos-time-lim...-loan-refunds/

If you have made payment to the debt in the past 6 years it is not statute barred yet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X