• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors CCJ Threat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors CCJ Threat

Hi all,

Let me start by saying thanks to anyone that contributes any kind of advice here to myself and anyone else seeking help.

I have lived on and off for last 10 years between the UK and France, Ive been back in the UK for the last 10 months. Back in 2015 a family member accrued 5500 in debt on a credit card in my name, that's another story and I accept it and will stand responsible for any consequence. I learnt about this debt in 2017 when a default registered on my credit score, I was annoyed but wasn't much I could do and I envisaged staying in France so chose to ignore it.

​​​​​As previously mentioned ive been back in the UK since the end of last year and living at a relatives address and I left all bank account addresses and such at my parents house.

I have previously looked online and spoke to debt advisors about this debt but have been scared of doing anything for fear of resetting the 6 year statue barred timer so again decided that ignorance is bliss.

I am now in the process of looking for a mortgage and dont dont anything dramatic happening to my salvaged credit score.

Today I went to pick up an expected bit of mail from my parents and they handed over a whole stack which I was unaware of. One of these was a letter from Lowell Solicitors, a 'Notice of Pending County Court Judgement'. It was issued on the 23/03/2020 and they gave me a reply by date of the 02/04 which has passed a while ago.

I havent got any other letters and havent seen a CCJ on my cresit score.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do without resetting the 6 year timer and without getting a CCJ?

I am comfortable in the UK and have a job and have the money to pay the debt but again im scared of acknowledging it and ruining any chances I have of a mortgage for me and my family. We are 3 currently living with family.

Thankyou.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X