• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CAPQUEST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPQUEST

Hi I received a card through my door on Monday from Resolve asking me to contact them which is stupidly did- they put me through to Capquest who claim I owe a debt for a credit card taken out in 2011 with Vanquis which has a debt of £523 on it last payment made in 2015. I have no recollection of any outstanding balance and have not had any letters for recovery from Vanquis or Capquest to date. I advised I find this bizarre that after 4 years no one has attempted any recovery if there is a debt they said they wrote in October which is convenient but I haven't anything from them . I have asked them to provide evidence of letters and the debt but could you advise me of anything specific that I should be requesting from them. The call handler was vague and kept going off the phone to check with his Manager.
    How do I play this ?
    Who are Capquest?

Tags: None

Send CCA Request to Capquest and a Subject Access Request Letter Vanquis to see whether the former have a copy of the credit agreement and what the latter have got that the former might be able to get hold of. In the SAR you want all info they have on you including copies of credit agreement, default notices and any notices of assignment.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi thank you so do I send a SAR to both companies ?Â*

Comment

Originally posted by Blotty View Post
        Hi thank you so do I send a SAR to both companies ?
        NO, Vanquis only as the CCA will cover Capquest
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

So I sent CAA request to Capquest with £1 postal order which they have dually return to me saying they don't charge for these requests.

Is this because they are not going to be able to provide the document do you think ?*

They haven't been able to provide any other information but ring me on a daily basis .*

Comment

Some companies do not keep the fee

Comment

So they have failed to provide data subject access information and i have not had a the CCA within the 12 days as per the letter - what now ? do i need to anything ? is this debt they say i owe now recoverable as they have failed to provide the information ?*

Comment

CCA outstanding - good hope they cannot find a enforceable one = do not remind them it is their problem.* * DSAR Complaint to the ICO

Comment

So they are out of time with the CCA of 12 days , today I get a letter re subject access I sent them asking me to write back with my name, address DOB to confirm who I am or ring as that's easier??!!
                  So even though it was all in the request including their reference numbers that's what they've sent.
                  I work where we get asked for these we never send back for this what are they playing at? Do I reply ?*
                  They've harassed me for months with phone calls day and evening never anything in writing , including sending someone from another company to my door and now this !*

Comment

just send copy of council tax with details on it, they still only have 30 days to respond SAR* do not remind them CCA*

Comment

they can chase you and do for a while

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X