• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Hi all.

This is what I have just sent to Watchdog.

It was a full and Final settlement scheme, which I joined
    in Oct 2011. So Bournes would use approximately half of my
    money to pay agreed monthly amounts to my creditors. The
    other half was used to pay my fees, which were £2,545.84
    (10% of my total Debt). Once that was paid the money was
    used to build up my bank so Bournes could then negotiate
    with Creditors for early settlement amount of my debt

I paid my agreed Monthly amount on August 1st of £357.
    However my creditors confirmed the last payment received
    was in July. My creditors started to contact me about the
    Missing Aug Payment. When I contacted them they informed me
    that they had been told by Finacial Conduct Authority(FCA)
    that Bournes were not allowed to receive or make payments.

I tried to call Bournes for 2 weeks & just got an answer
    phone message saying the office was closed for training.I
    then contacted the FCA and they informed me that Bournes
    was no longer trading & would probably be put into
    Administration. They also told me to cancel my Direct Debit
    to Bournes

I have documentation from the Administrator that I would
    like to share with you. It states there was a £500,000.00
    shortfall in the funds held by Bournes based on what they
    had found.There total debt is £840,000.00

The directors Michelle Gilbourne & Micheal Gilbourne should
    be jailed for this Fraud.

In the documentation the Administrator Peter Levy says
    there are funds in Bank accounts of £185,262.02. However
    you can also see his fees so far are £55,000.00. This is
    being taken from the Bournes Clients money & he think it
    could take 12 months to resolve. By that time there will be
    nothing left.

The balance owing to my personally is £3,232.22.

Why can't the FCA pay for this investigation it is a clear
    case of Fraud. It is disgusting to find out the Adminstrator is
    being paid with Money owned to Bournes Clinents.

Comment

• Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Can you just confirm I understand how this was set up please.

Your debts were approx £25k at the start.

You paid £357 a month from 2011

Half ( so £178.50 ) was distributed to your creditors

The other Half went to pay the fees of £2545.84 - so that's paid off over 14 months

You've been paying for 3 years - 36 months - so total non distributed paid of £6436 ( £178.50 * 36 )

Balance in 'f&f settlement' should be 22 months worth or £3927

(I know you have put The balance owing to my personally is £3,232.22. I'm just checking if my basic understanding of the way it works is right )

Is that right ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst - that last post was Ripped of by Bournes.

Comment

Yes I just spotted that and amended lol, it's Monday
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just by way of update for the Poll

Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Last View Post
              Amethyst - that last post was Ripped of by Bournes.
              Actually while you're on here though, did yours work in the same way ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes that was roughly how it worked.

Comment

Hi,

This is from my July Statement

Fees Due to Bournes
                  Based on Payments to Creditors: £643.70
                  Legal Fee: £965.69 (This was a final settlement Plus Bournes Cut of 20% of the saving Plus VAT
                  Based on Total Debt: £2,545.84
                  Total Fee: £4,155.23

Total Receipts : 12,211.00
                  Total Paid Out to Creditors: £5,180.55
                  Balance : £2,875.22

Comment

So as well as the 10% of the overall debt at the start of the contract they took 20% of the reduction to a F&F settlement as well ?

So say you had a debt at the start of £10k

You paid £1000 as the fee (10%)

They got a full and final settlement on the debt of £5k

You paid 20% of the reduction ( £1000) to Bournes

So for a £10k debt, settled with creditor for £5k you'd pay Bournes £2k ?

So in essence paid £7k for a £10k debt, and Bournes got £2k for getting the 50% reduction.

Oh missed out VAT. so 20% of £5k reduction is £1000 plus 20% is £1200. So actually £7.2k for a £10k debt.

Nice work if you can get it.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Nice, but obviously not enough for these people as they had their "fingers in the till" all along as well.

Comment

I was just saying that to Jules, they really didn't have much need for stealing the rest of peoples money as well, their fee structure was raking it in anyway.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Action Fraud.....Done......the ombudsman is next I am going to complain regarding the conduct of the FCA and office of fair trading for not doing more to protect peoples money after similar companies going bust.

Comment

Just spoken to the Ombudsman is seemed pointless to log a compaint because they can't enforce I get my money back if there is none there. Also I couldn't complain about the FCA I need to speak to them direct - which is going to be a pointless chat but here goes.......

Comment

Sadly that was always going to be the case. It's beyond the reach or remit of the FOS now.

Comment

After giving it some thought I don't think Mr Levy should be relying on the client funds to pay his or anyone else's fees Eventhough they were in an office account and not a ring fenced client account as they should have been they can still be identified as belonging to the victims and Bournes never did or could take a legal charge over them. Insofar as Bournes acted simply as a depositary and nothing more I think there may be grounds to stop Mr Levy from distributing said funds to anyone but the clients

For example if a bank goes bust they don't nick everything in the safety deposit boxes treating it as the property of the bank cos it ain't

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X