• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received from CL Finance/Howard Cohen sols **SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim received from CL Finance/Howard Cohen sols

No and no. I didn't get chance to make them the offer before court as they issued the claim without contacting me. I did make the offer to GE and Viking beforehand, GE ignored me and Viking refused it.
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

AQ (N149) arrived today, unless anyone has any differing opinion I'll be filling in as follows...

A. Settlement...tick no, I've already done what I can to settle this.
      B. Location of Hearing... as it's been transferred to my local court already I'll tick no.
      C. Track..tick yes, tis suitable for small claims track.
      D. Witnesses...another no.
      E. Experts...no.
      F. Nope, there's no dates when I can't attend a hearing.
      G. Other information... Hmmm, well lets see... I intend to remind the court here that I've still not received the info I asked for (missing statements and copy of default notice) I will also put how I have asked HC&co to settle this out of court, that I have made an offer of payment, and although it has been indirectly accepted, they are still going ahead and charging me for their court costs which I'm not willing to pay.
      H. Fee...only the claimant pays a fee at this stage, yes?...so I tick no.

It has to be posted by the 31st March.

I so wish I'd been able to afford their settlement offer but hey ho, never mind eh. the SO mandate was filled in and sent back to them so at least the ball is rolling in the payment department.

Comment

Letter from the local court today:

Standard order for stay for settlement with consent of all the parties.

Deputy Judge ****** orders that this claim is stayed until 14 May 2008.

The judge considers your case is suitable for mediation and therefore you are encouraged to use the Small Claims Mediation Service. This service is FREE for court users with a current small claims case. Mediation appointments can be done by telephone (saving the need to come to court), or face-to-face; parties can also mediate without the need to meet or speak to one another. The mediation is usually limited to one hour and is confidential.
        If you would like to take up this offer of mediation or find out more about the mediation process you should contact the court mediator on ******** or email ******** within 7 days of receipt of this order.
        Alternatively, if you do not wish to try mediation please contact the mediator who will arrange for your case to be progressed.
        Now I'm more than willing to go for this, I'm just wondering if HC&Co will

Comment

Damn sorry btw i missed your AQ completely....looks completely fine tho and yep go for the mediation, drags it out a bit and shows willing on your part to get a fair resolution. Be nice if the offer comes up again for reduced settlement.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I did court mediation quite a few years ago and it was much better than a usual hearing, less stressful and easier to use as you don't have to use all the legal jargon that's normally required I would hope that sometime in the future they will offer me a reduced settlement again, maybe then I'll be in a position to pay it. Otherwise, at the rate I'm paying now, they won't get all their money before I pop my cloggs lol.
            I will have to ring the court anyway, as the order is dated 10th April and it only arrived today...so technically my 7 days are already up.....!!

Comment

Just a little update...

I spoke with the court mediator yesterday and explained the current situation (that HC&Co have accepted monthly payments but still going ahead with claim) as she doesn't have access to my file. She informed me that she would ring the solicitors and find out whats going on at their end and then get back to me.
              As yet I've not heard anything.

Court mediators act as a go between, speaking to the other party by telephone, on your behalf. They will include anything you wish to be said, and ask you if there is anything you don't wish to be included in the conversation. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice, calm and very patient. I would highly recommend this option to anyone who gets nervous or tongue tied when speaking to another party via the phone regarding a court claim.
              http://www.dca.gov.uk/civil/adr/cour...ce-toolkit.pdf

Comment

RESULT!!!!!

After a call from my court mediator HC&Co have agreed to drop the claim, including interest and charges. All I am paying is the amount I owe and at the rate I can afford. Wayhay! I am being emailed the docs to sign, which I then send to the court and that'll be the end of that

Can someone put **Settled** in the title for me please? :whoo:

A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped me through this!:kiss:

Comment

Re: Court claim received from CL Finance/Howard Cohen sols **SETTLED**

Well done xx

Comment

well done:clap2:
                    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

FANTASTIC NEWS !!!! Well done hun :kiss:
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Good for you hun :kiss:

Comment

Thanks everyone
                          Settlement agreement and Tomlin Order signed and posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomlin_Order

Comment

Can you put the wording of the tomlin up please hun.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well done ByTheWay :third:

Comment

Very very pleased for you BTW, what a nice start to 24 hrs without Beagles. I may have to stay away more often Enaid xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X