• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gothia Limited and their advisors Largo Law

Morning

Okay, I need to you to write out clearly in point what the situation is - I think I have Debt 1 sorted, so if you could similarly complete the other three debts and confirm my thoughts on Debt 1 are correct.

Debt 1) Took out HP on car, failed payments, car repossessed and debt of £433 left - received a CCJ and order to pay £10 a month. Concluded payments. Nothing on credit file. - issue is you've paid too much by around £1800 by Gothia misrepresented your situation and allocating your payments wrongly.

Debt 2) ******** took out loan for holiday.....

Debt 3) ??

Debt 4) ??
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Debt 1- On AFS's instructions, I took the car for Auction in Wembley. I assumed that finished the matter (October 1992). I did not hear anything further until August 1993 when my Daughter informed me about the Judgment.

Rushed back to Nottingham, and arranged a redetermination hearing. The debt which I faced was circa £3000. I could not furnish details of the car auction - district judge ordered me to pay £10 per month.

January 1994' I contacted AFS and asked about the proceeds of the car auction: AFS requested proof of car auction and details of payment which I did not have. Continued paying £10 per month.

Fast forward to Gothia and phone calls. I told Gothia that I was Paying £10 per month on a HP agreement, the said no you are paying on a loan.

On receipt of SAR, all the details of the car auction and the receipt of £2500 had been documented. I have proof of all this.

I think you might need to digest this first

MC

Comment

Hi Default Notice dated 11/03/1992 - arrears - £548.80

Total amount payable £10080.80
        Total amount paid £7062.20

Notice of Termination 10/09/1992

The car auction took place on the 22/09/1992

Mc

Comment

AFS sent me a letter dated 01/10/1992 to the matrimonial home, but I was living in London auctioning the car at Wembley

Letter states, we have received £2529.87 from Wembley Car Auctions. This letter was in the SAR

Comment

Hi

Debt 3: Account 91/233368 allegedly had a judgement debt of £3989.37. Gothia could not supply a single document to prove this account even existed.

Nine months later, Gothia admitted that a typo had occured, and asked me to forget this accout.

The other two Agreements:

91/233676 referred to an holiday, and this agreement was not in my name, and the bank account which serviced the account was not mine.

91233684 has a judgment debt of £4389.37 which should be £3989.37. The bank account which serviced thiamine account was not mine (the Agreement indicates a vehicle.

MC

Comment

Originally posted by MuchConcerned View Post
              Hi Amethyst,

Debt 1- On AFS's instructions, I took the car for Auction in Wembley. I assumed that finished the matter (October 1992). I did not hear anything further until August 1993 when my Daughter informed me about the Judgment.

Rushed back to Nottingham, and arranged a redetermination hearing. The debt which I faced was circa £3000. I could not furnish details of the car auction - district judge ordered me to pay £10 per month.

January 1994' I contacted AFS and asked about the proceeds of the car auction: AFS requested proof of car auction and details of payment which I did not have. Continued paying £10 per month.

Fast forward to Gothia and phone calls. I told Gothia that I was Paying £10 per month on a HP agreement, the said no you are paying on a loan.

On receipt of SAR, all the details of the car auction and the receipt of £2500 had been documented. I have proof of all this.

I think you might need to digest this first

MC
              So the judgment was for £3k then ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

My Credit File is completely free of any outstanding County Court Judgments.

During 2003, I received a Notice of Change from AFS's solicitor as they were in the process of returning AFS's File.

I visited the County Court and produced the Notice of Change to the desk clerk. She fiddled with the computer, looked at me rather quizzical and said "there is nothing in your name." I informed the clerk that my 2004 credit file was clean. She said, "not in your name, go see a solicitor."

MC

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

I have no proof. The judgment recovered from the SAR is a Determination Judgment - not a redetermination Judgment.

I do know that AFS obtained one judgment which I was paying £10 per month

MC

Comment

Was the judgment that you applied for redetermination on, and got an installment order of £10 a month on, for £3000 or for £433 ??
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

The SAR revealed a second Default Notice dated 21/10/1992 again sent to the matrimonial home in Nottingham. AFS knew that I was leaving in London because the instructed me to auction the car at Wembley Car Auctions.

The 2nd Default Notice stated, amount to be paid £219.35.

I have sen a solicitor, and after he reviewed the notes, he told me the 2nd Default Notice is incorrect, and the the agreement had already been terminated.

Mc

Comment

At the redetermination hearing, most of the discussion concerned my income and expenditure. When I left court I was exceedingly happy to repay the debt at £10 per month.

Was the amount £400 or circa £3000' I have no proof.

MC

Comment

Amethyst, Gothia has written off this debt through goodwill.

Mc

Comment

as Gothia has written off the car debt, I see no just reason to pursue the admitted error by Gothia concerning account 91/233368 @ £3987.37.

My concern is 91/23367 @ £1426.62' and
                            91/222684 @ £4389.37

MC

Comment

The debt which I faced was circa £3000. I could not furnish details of the car auction - district judge ordered me to pay £10 per month.

AFS requested proof of car auction and details of payment which I did not have.
                              That says to me the CCJ was for £3000 because you could not provide evidence that the car had been sold at auction and the proceeds given to the lender.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay so forget the car debt one then.

My concern is 91/23367 @ £1426.62' and
                                91/222684 @ £4389.37
                                What do you want to get from these ?

(they have both been written off or not? neither appear on your credit file)
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X