• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Forum User- MMF- Motor Mile Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Forum User- MMF- Motor Mile Finance

Yes I would be asking for details of where the money was deposited . What you need to remember is that MMF are possibly the worst DCA in the world and be prepared for constant emails and phone calls.
    I would start of by writing to the compliance director with something like the following

Dear Sir
    Ref xxxxxxxx
    Further to your recent communication please note that I will only communicate with you in writing . By that I mean letters delivered by Royal Mail and not emails or phone calls .
    You refer to the above account of which I have no knowledge. I admit that I did have an account with WDA in xxxxxx that fell into arrears but this was cleared on xxxxxx.
    Can you please supply me with the bank details , date and amount where the alleged loan was deposited as well as a complete statement of account showing exactly how the amount has been arrived at/
    As I am sure you are aware , the OFT guidelines on debt collection clearly state what they consider to be fair and proper practices.
    Finally should you decide that you wish to visit my home the OFT guidelines state that you may only do so with an appointment and i have no wish to make such an appointment. Please also note that Thereis an implied license under English Common Law for people to be ableto visit me on my property without express permission; the postmanand people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard &Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore takenote that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or yourrepresentatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, youwill be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will betaken, including but not limited to, police attendance.
    I am fully aware of your companies standard response to such letters and please be assured that should you try that approach i will be quite happy to make the complaint formal and notify the appropriate regulatory bodies.

Once you have provided me with evidence of the alleged debt I will be happy to discuss things further with you

You might want to remove the threatening paragraph, up to you.

Good luck

I think you could do worse than to find out exactly what date the amount and how the balance was paid to WDA

Comment

Re: New Forum User- MMF- Motor Mile Finance

Thanks guys i will post this out today

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X