• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescott

Several years ago I took out a loan with the bankofscotland.
    Due to changing circumstances I could no longer meet the payments, so the debt was placed in the hands of
    Blair Oliver Scott, who have been very good.

Today I received a letter from them telling me that Westcot have taken over the account and I should contact them.

I have read about these people and very afraid they will try to make me pay more than the £10 a month I was paying BOS.

At the moment, and probably for some time to come, I am claiming sickness benefits, at the age of 57 do not see my health improving to be able to get a job.
    I live alone, and the only income I get is the £100 a week from benefits.

I am not trying to shirk my payments, only there is not enough to live on let alone pay extra on this account.

I am also afraid they may take me to court and make me sell my house (which I am in no state health wise to do at the moment)
    Please can anyone advise me before I contact these people, as the letter from BOS asks me to do.

Many Thanks
    Lily
    Tags: None

Re: Wescott

Lily there are main good posts on the forum that will help you ease your mind a little - they may well ask for more money but you simple in a nice way tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and that £10 is all you're going to get.

Have you been to see the CAB and done an income and expenditure sheet? if it shows you can only afford £10 then thats what is going to have to be for them, equally if it shows only £5 then that will have to do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick67 View Post
      Lily there are main good posts on the forum that will help you ease your mind a little - they may well ask for more money but you simple in a nice way tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and that £10 is all you're going to get.

Have you been to see the CAB and done an income and expenditure sheet? if it shows you can only afford £10 then thats what is going to have to be for them, equally if it shows only £5 then that will have to do as well.
      Yes I have expenditure sheets, there is NO money to spare.
      In fact I cannot even afford to buy any coal at the moment.
      So long as I know that legally I am safe, so long as I make a token payment then I am OK.
      if they threaten me with court or whatever I shall have to deal with that, as and when.

Thanks for your reply, I am grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by VeryWorried View Post
        Several years ago I took out a loan with the bankofscotland.
        How many years ago?

The debt may now be impossible to enforce via the courts...

Comment

---- them I cant put it all in get the coal they can wait no need to suffer they are not that desperate for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            How many years ago?

The debt may now be impossible to enforce via the courts...
            I took it out in two stages, the last one was only 4 years ago.
            I am just worried they will take me to court to sell the house so they get their money.

Comment

I took it out in two stages, the last one was only 4 years ago.
              Did you ever submit a request for a copy of the agreement under section 77 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

At "only" four years ago, there is a fair chance that Lllllloyds-HBoS won't be able to comply - and WorstScot certainly won't have any of the paperwork.

I am just worried they will take me to court to sell the house so they get their money.
              Even though they're now partly state owned?

Whilst not impossible, that would be unlikely.

Comment

Did you ever submit a request for a copy of the agreement under section 77 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

At "only" four years ago, there is a fair chance that Lllllloyds-HBoS won't be able to comply - and WorstScot certainly won't have any of the paperwork.

Even though they're now partly state owned?

Whilst not impossible, that would be unlikely.

No I did not, I never even asked Blair Oliver Scott either.
                So do I contact RBS and ask for the paperwork.

Comment

I am really worried, I suffer from MH issues and terrified of court, someone turning up on my doorstep (I live alone) just the general hassle and worry of it all.

Comment

No I did not, I never even asked Blair Oliver Scott either.
                    So do I contact RBS and ask for the paperwork.
                    Blair Oliver Spot is the HBOS in-house collection department, which they foolishly like to pretend is another company.

Contacting RBS is certain not to produce anything, as you never had a loan from them! :grin:

As Wescott now claims to be the creditor, you should ask them.

Comment

I am really worried, I suffer from MH issues and terrified of court, someone turning up on my doorstep (I live alone) just the general hassle and worry of it all.
                      Unless your doorstep is really rare and unusual, it is unlikely that any doorstep collector would be interested in it.

Comment

Blair Oliver Spot is the HBOS in-house collection department, which they foolishly like to pretend is another company.

Contacting RBS is certain not to produce anything, as you never had a loan from them! :grin:

As Wescott now claims to be the creditor, you should ask them.

Onto it.

Comment

Use the letter posted by FlamingParrot here ---> link

Comment

Use the letter posted by FlamingParrot here ---> link
                            Sorry did not see that one until too late.
                            Copied another template I found, and sent so they have to sign (so I know they got it).

Feel better for doing something.

Comment

If you receive a threat of a doorstep visit, there's a letter you can send, revoking the right to visit you. Most of the time they are empty threats though.

Dear Sirs

Ref: xyz

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date. Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X