• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wescott

I like cloggys idea of squirming water through the letter but if you are a man i have a better idea

Try not to stress. Have you sent the telephone harassment letter
    If not do so now and ignore them unless they write.
    My only concern is, your loan was with Bank of Scotland right and not Royal Bank of Scotland?
    Right
    Who do you actually do your day to day banking with?

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
      I like cloggys idea of squirming water through the letter but if you are a man i have a better idea

Try not to stress. Have you sent the telephone harassment letter
      If not do so now and ignore them unless they write.

Who do you actually do your day to day banking with?
      I bank with the Halifax but there is no money in there (is that what you mean)!
      I also have my mortgage with them but that is fully up todate.
      My loan is with the Bank of Scotland (or was) Blair Oliver Scott took over payments, who then wrote to tell me that W/Cot had taken it over.
      The loan was originally taken out via Home Shopping Personal Finances with BScotland being the actual lender.

I am worried sick, I am already on medication for health problems, hence why there is NO money in my account I am in receipt of benefits.
      I really am trying to keep paying (even a token amount) but it is nightmare when companies act like this.
      Last edited by VeryWorried; 30th January 2014, 22:52:PM.

Comment

All part of the same group.
        They seem to have this habit of passing old alleged debts around to Blair Oliver Scott ( in house collectors, even though they will deny it, look at the initials)
        I have or have had three, two went to Cabot and with LB help those are now either statute barred or " written off" because DCA (Cabot) could not provide the evidence needed.
        The third is still on going, after doing the rounds with Robinson Way, Blair Oliver Scott, Robinson Way ,again, Wescott then they have " sold" alleged remainder to Arrow Global who are using Wescott.
        Sent the prove it and stop phoning me letters, keep on sending " on hold" letters, so far.
        There is a process they have to follow, you have great help here.
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

If your benefits are paid into your bank account there is apparently a letter you can send that would stop the bank using any of the money even to pay OD fees. Maybe someone else can point you in the right direction.

As for Wescot, I have had many of my debts with them at one time or another . They currently have a small RBS debt and have just started phoning me again so am about to put in another complaint to them.
          Personally i think that you should tell them you are suffering with mental health conditions and refer them to the OFT guidelines on debt collection.

I actually found that with a bit of help taking on the debt collection industry actually helped my anxiety as it empowered me of course that is only me .

Comment

If your benefits are paid into your bank account there is apparently a letter you can send that would stop the bank using any of the money even to pay OD fees. Maybe someone else can point you in the right direction.

As for Wescot, I have had many of my debts with them at one time or another . They currently have a small RBS debt and have just started phoning me again so am about to put in another complaint to them.
            Personally i think that you should tell them you are suffering with mental health conditions and refer them to the OFT guidelines on debt collection.

I actually found that with a bit of help taking on the debt collection industry actually helped my anxiety as it empowered me of course that is only me .
            I am struggling with it all at the moment, not just the payments but this run around approach they are putting me through.
            I have no idea what I should do next, do I wait to hear what W/Cott will do next, they have produced No documents that I have asked for.
            Do they own the loan or not.

My stress levels are through the roof.

My bank know about my being on benefit, I am on a 6 month no fees limited banking scheme (or whatever it is called) at the moment.
            I have a planned overdraft, so if I go into it they will not charge me (which I try not to).
            I cannot even afford to heat the house properly, let alone pay debts.
            I am trying so hard to be honest and work with my creditors but they just want to make it damn hard.

Comment

This is exactly what they try to do , stress you out and intimidate you. Do you have anyone who helps you, maybe a CPN or some support worker?

I am a little confused about the state of play with the request. You have sent Wescot your S77 request and now the bank have asked you for more details as they can not find any agreement is that correct?

If the above is accurate we can soon put together a letter using various bits from various letters that will, at least for a while shut Wescot up.

Comment

Originally posted by VeryWorried View Post
                So do I contact anyone - I have asked for the section 77 twice and each time W/Cot have fobbed me off.
                What do I do next.
                Do I contact my bank
                and do not want a CCJ I am under enough stress as it is.
                Don't stress! Wescot are not worth the stress and the aggravation, trust me on that one!

I also had dealings with Wescot, coming up to 3 years now, the usual forest of red letters which didn't go anywhere, as I've not heard a peep about that account for two years now. :grin:

Don't contact your bank, just send Wescot the following, by recorded delivery. Sign it using a computer font rather than your real signature. They flew off when I sent them letters like that in 2011! :bolt:

Dear Sirs

ACCOUNT NO: XXXXXX
                Your attention is drawn to the fact that this account is subject to a serious dispute. On XX/XX/XX, I requested that you supply me with a copy of the credit agreement covering this account pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77/79. To date, you have failed to comply with my request. Without production of the said agreement, I am unable to assess if I am indeed liable for any alleged debt to Bank of Scotland, nor does it give me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’ as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In line with recent OFT Guidance surrounding Unenforceability, I presume you're aware that the OFT has stipulated the following;

Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
                • a copy of their agreement
                • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
                • a statement of account.

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
                • make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
                • get a court judgment against the debtor

As this account is clearly unenforceable, I expect you to write back and confirm that no further action will be taken and that the account is now closed and no further correspondence will take place.

Yours faithfully,
                Last edited by FlamingParrot; 31st January 2014, 15:08:PM. Reason: Amended creditor name :)

Comment

I am struggling with it all at the moment, not just the payments but this run around approach they are putting me through.
                  I have no idea what I should do next, do I wait to hear what W/Cott will do next, they have produced No documents that I have asked for.
                  If they contact you, send the letter above. :thumb:
                  Do they own the loan or not.
                  Wescot act as both debt collectors and debt purchasers, if they own the loan, you should have received a notice of assignment.

As they are the ones chasing you at the moment, the letter above still applies regardless.

I cannot even afford to heat the house properly, let alone pay debts.

I am trying so hard to be honest and work with my creditors but they just want to make it damn hard.
                  Your home and family should always come first, not your creditors. :nono: Utility bills such as gas and electricity are a priority, unlike unsecured debts such as loans and credit cards.

Have you got any other creditors pestering you? Would you care to tell us more? :typing:

Comment

This is exactly what they try to do , stress you out and intimidate you. Do you have anyone who helps you, maybe a CPN or some support worker?

I am a little confused about the state of play with the request. You have sent Wescot your S77 request and now the bank have asked you for more details as they can not find any agreement is that correct?

If the above is accurate we can soon put together a letter using various bits from various letters that will, at least for a while shut Wescot up.
                    I have asked W/Cot twice for the SS7, the first time they sent it back because the cheque was made to them and not HBOS.
                    In both letters I stated I did not acknowledge any debt with them - so could they please supply the relevant information.
                    The second time they sent it to HBOS with NO information (just my letter) with W/cots reference number, my name and address and the request for the SS7 so obviously the bank could not find any details.
                    The bank think it is about a credit card - and want to ME to contact them with more details.

What I am asking is - why should it be ME.
                    W/cot say they own the debt, so surely they are the ones who need to be gathering the information and not playing silly s*ds.

If W/Cot are playing for time (when they wrote to me last) they said I had 30 days to pay up or else??
                    Well that 30 days is well up.
                    Are they trying to panic me.

Yes I have a CPN, but I am not sure they could help with this.
                    CAB are useless, and there really is NO one else.
                    I have no family and no friends able to help with this.
                    So it is down to me, and what help I get from here, this place is a godsend.
                    I am living in fear that soon the threats will start.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                      If they contact you, send the letter above. :thumb:
                      Wescot act as both debt collectors and debt purchasers, if they own the loan, you should have received a notice of assignment.

As they are the ones chasing you at the moment, the letter above still applies regardless.

Your home and family should always come first, not your creditors. :nono: Utility bills such as gas and electricity are a priority, unlike unsecured debts such as loans and credit cards.

Have you got any other creditors pestering you? Would you care to tell us more? :typing:
                      My other creditors (well only the 1) at the moment, are playing ball, I have told them the same I have NO money and they are accepting the £10 a month - which is reviewed every 6 months.
                      I have never ignored letters, I took advice about what to do, and I have always done it.

I am not in a mess with utilities, or mortgage.
                      I am freezing cold but I owe nothing.
                      I have no credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                        Don't stress! Wescot are not worth the stress and the aggravation, trust me on that one!

I also had dealings with Wescot, coming up to 3 years now, the usual forest of red letters which didn't go anywhere, as I've not heard a peep about that account for two years now. :grin:

Don't contact your bank, just send Wescot the following, by recorded delivery. Sign it using a computer font rather than your real signature. They flew off when I sent them letters like that in 2011! :bolt:

Oh thank you, I will do that.
                        Much appreciated.

Comment

Dear Sirs

ACCOUNT NO: XXXXXX
                          Your attention is drawn to the fact that this account is subject to a serious dispute. On XX/XX/XX, I requested that you supply me with a copy of the credit agreement covering this account pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77/79. To date, you have failed to comply with my request. Without production of the said agreement, I am unable to assess if I am indeed liable for any alleged debt to Shop Direct, nor does it give me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’ as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In line with recent OFT Guidance surrounding Unenforceability, I presume you're aware that the OFT has stipulated the following;

Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:

• a copy of their agreement
                          • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
                          • a statement of account.

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:

• make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
                          • get a court judgment against the debtor

As this account is clearly unenforceable, I expect you to write back and confirm that no further action will be taken and that the account is now closed and no further correspondence will take place.

Yours faithfully,
                          Sorry I thought the debt was BOS , if this is the case please alter the bit above highlighted in red from shop direct to Bank of Scotland

The reason I mention a CPN is that they might be able to refer you to someone who can act as advocate for you. In Leicester there is an organisation called Lampdirect that have mental health advocates . Intervention from someone like that would go a long way in making them back off and reduce the pressure.

If you are paying £20 a month to cover your debts I think that it should be possible to reduce that to a max of £2 a month and maybe even get them to hold payments for a period.

Like Flaming Parrot I have seen Wescot off many a time (with help from people like her)

Good luck, if there is anything I can do...

Comment

Sorry my bad, I copied the letter quickly from another thread and forgot I'd actually added in the name of the creditor, normally those bits are just left as [INSERT NAME HERE].

I should look more carefully next time.

Comment

I have this morning received a single page photo copy of my loan agreement with my signature and date.
                              The page is titled
                              Fixed Sum Loan Agreement as by the CCA 1974.
                              There is also a letter from W/Cot telling me to ring them (I have already told them I will not engage in phone calls) to set up a payment scheme - alternatively I can send a cheque or PO (this is the option I will choose) I will use a cheque as I then have proof of payment and them cashing it.

Do I just send what I can afford with a letter.

Comment

Sorry I am somewhat busy at the mo winding someone else up
                                Is this one pager in response to a S77 request?

Is there any chance of posting it up as a pdf with all personal details removed?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X