• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter issued litigation proceedings in County Court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter issued litigation proceedings in County Court.

Originally posted by Davefisher View Post
    On page two of this thread you'll find their response to my cpr request. They agreed to a 14 day extension, taking me to the 11th of December...
    And I did notify the court of the extension. I've posted everything in this thread as it has happened.

Comment

If they have to provide me with my cca within14 days and my defence is due on the 11th... Will that not just render my request useless?

Comment

I'm just going to send the one CCA request to the creditor and not the solicitors working on their behalf.

Comment

Or would it be worthwhile sending one to Brian Carter as well?

Comment

On page two of this thread you'll find their response to my cpr request. They agreed to a 14 day extension, taking me to the 11th of December...
            Why not the full 28 days the CPR allows?

And I did notify the court of the extension. I've posted everything in this thread as it has happened.
            I'm sorry to ask, but I do read quite a lot of similar threads and don't want to get things mixed up. :santa_cheesy:

I'm just going to send the one CCA request to the creditor and not the solicitors working on their behalf.
            Or would it be worthwhile sending one to Brian Carter as well?
            Send the CCA request to the creditor with the £1 fee and a copy to Brian Carter just to inform them, without any fee.

Comment

I'm not sure why they didn't allow the full 28 days. I typed out their response earlier on in this thread.

Everything was sent off the other day what should my next step be?

Comment

Well, I'm expecting my cca request to be signed for (recorded delivery) sometime today. What should my next step be? I have until the 11th to put forward my defence

Comment

CCA request was signed for this morning. Next?

Comment

Just read back through this and it looks like Bryan Carter have simply turned down your request for documents under CPR while agreeing to the extension to the 11th December. I think it's come about due to a misread on http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...218#post385218 .

So yes you do need to get your defence sorted and in.

It is entirely your decision what you want to do, The debt is £450 odd isn't it, so you could, if you wanted to definately avoid a CCJ and can afford to, contact Bryan Carter and negotiate a repayment by installment or full and final settlement which could be done via a consent/tomlin order which would mean the case gets stayed at court unless you miss payments then you get judgment against you.

Unfortunately you can't yet defend on the basis of non compliance with your CCA request as they have 12 more days to respond if they received it this morning.... not sure you would want to, or could, defend on an assumption that they won't comply.

you could apply to the court to push the CPR request disclosure, but that would cost you the application fee, and there's no guarantee it would be granted, and if it were, no guarantee that BC wouldn't have the documents to back up the claim

Other than that I can't see a solid defence for you to enter I'm afraid. The account is in your name, you do acknowledge it, you don't have any certainty about the last acknowledgement dates and it's likely to be near to Stat Barred time (as that's when BC tend to send court claims and we know that Lowells got lots of close to SB debts off shop direct), so defending and losing would get you a CCJ (which you could pay by installments but still it's a big blodge on your credit file for the next six years).

See what others recommend. Sorry if I sound like it's all bad news, last thing I want is to stress you out but you know your own circumstances far better than I so only you can decide the best option for you.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

How do I go about contacting Brian Carter to arrange some kind of payment settlement and avoiding a ccj? What do I say and when?

Comment

If I acknowledge and pay for this debt, is it then not going to appear on my credit rating for a further six years?

Comment

It was never that I couldn't afford to pay the debt, it was that I didn't want to acknowledge it as my own. Even if I pay it off isn't it going to affect my credit? I wanted it to vanish. I was hoping to buy a house next year.

If I pay it then will it sit in my credit history for a further six years or so?

Comment

So I call them up, negotiate repayment... But how is the court then notified before tomorrow etc?

Comment

Can anyone just confirm that for me? Is this debt going to remain if I acknowledge and pay for it now?

Comment

Called up. Payment done with. The debt will still disappear from my credit file in the next year. Not the result I wanted but happy that I'll still be ok to get a house and move on with my life.

A big thank you to everyone here for helping me and putting up with my naivety. I really really appreciate everything. If there's anything I can ever help with somehow then just pm me and I'll get a notification in my emails.

You guys are amazing people and you should be proud of yourselves.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X