• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter issued litigation proceedings in County Court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter issued litigation proceedings in County Court.

Nothing from Bryan Carter yet. The court emailed to say the extension has been put through etc. I have until the 11th, just waiting to see if BC drop it once they realise they have no proof of an agreement.

I want to say thank you again to everyone else who has helped me. I'm still petrified of this whole situation but I've no idea what I would have done without this forum.

I really hope it's dropped before the 11th.

Comment

Should I make a request for a CCA myself or did I do that with my previous request?

Comment

I think the CCA is sent to Lowell?

Comment

Originally posted by Davefisher View Post
          Should I make a request for a CCA myself or did I do that with my previous request?
          Originally posted by Dean8 View Post
          I think the CCA is sent to Lowell?
          I believe we suggested sending BOTH a CCA request and a CPR 31.14 request. One is a request for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consume Credit Act, the other for documents mentioned in the particulars of claim under the Civil Procedure Rules. Did you send both as per this post? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...278#post383278

^^^which pointed to this post (CPR request): http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...955#post382955

and this one (CCA request): http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...953#post382953

The CCA request would be sent to the creditor although some people send them to the solicitors acting for them. The CPR request to the solicitors.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            I believe we suggested sending BOTH a CCA request and a CPR 31.14 request. One is a request for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consume Credit Act, the other for documents mentioned in the particulars of claim under the Civil Procedure Rules. Did you send both as per this post? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...278#post383278

^^^which pointed to this post (CPR request): http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...955#post382955

and this one (CCA request): http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...953#post382953

The CCA request would be sent to the creditor although some people send them to the solicitors acting for them. The CPR request to the solicitors.

Yes, I copy and pasted all of that and amended it to include my details. It asks in there for a copy for the agreement - which I assumed was the cca request? Correct?

Comment

It's getting close now. I guess I have to start getting my defence prepared?

Comment

I didn't send that CCA one. Should I send now??? I thought that was all included in the CPR request!

Comment

Is it it too late to request a CCA now???

Comment

Jesus! I can't believe I've been so stupid. I thought the cca request was all included in the cpr request. Oh god what do I do?

Comment

Just get it sent off now and don't panic I'll have a read back.

'' The court emailed to say the extension has been put through etc. I have until the 11th ''

That's cool. Have you had anything back from the CPR request yet ?

Yes, def send off your formal CCA request with your £1 now, it be fine and don't stress xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Just get it sent off now and don't panic I'll have a read back.

'' The court emailed to say the extension has been put through etc. I have until the 11th ''

That's cool. Have you had anything back from the CPR request yet ?

Yes, def send off your formal CCA request with your £1 now, it be fine and don't stress xx
                        I haven't had any documents or anything provided since my cpr request, just their response that they will agreed to the extension.

The cca says they have 14 days to reply, my deadline is the 11th of this month?

On the cca request it says account or reference number at the top there - is it the claim number I put there that's on my court letters?

Comment

No, it's separate from the court claim, so just your account number from the catalogue (if you know it), and your name and address (obviously) and it goes to Lowell with the £1 postal order xxx

Time wise it is okay as they haven't supplied anything from your CPR request yet either so give them a few more days then can think about what your next step is.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's getting close now. I guess I have to start getting my defence prepared?
                            I haven't had any documents or anything provided since my cpr request, just their response that they will agreed to the extension.
                            Did they agree to the full 28 days the CPR allows? I assume you'd have notified the court when you agreed it, what date will your defence be due?

The cca says they have 14 days to reply, my deadline is the 11th of this month?

On the cca request it says account or reference number at the top there - is it the claim number I put there that's on my court letters?
                            CCA request is a request under s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act for a copy of your agreement and a statement of account, and it's totally separate from the court claim. The 14 days start when you send it (recorded delivery). That's totally separate from your CPR request.

Comment

Ok, all printed off and ready to send first thing. Should I send a copy to Brian Carter as well as Lowell?

Thank you so much. I'm so embarrassed. I'm really naive to l of this. I've never had any kind of debt before and have never have to deal with any kind of legal proceedings/court etc

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                                Did they agree to the full 28 days the CPR allows? I assume you'd have notified the court when you agreed it, what date will your defence be due?

CCA request is a request under s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act for a copy of your agreement and a statement of account, and it's totally separate from the court claim. The 14 days start when you send it (recorded delivery). That's totally separate from your CPR request.
                                On page two of this thread you'll find their response to my cpr request. They agreed to a 14 day extension, taking me to the 11th of December...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X