• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smith v lowell & fredrickson international DISCONTINUED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smith v lowell & fredrickson international

That would be the acknowledgment of the claim, giving you a total of 28 days to submit your defence.

Have you made any payments at all towards this debt in the past 6 years? :confused2:

Comment

last payment was about june 2007

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
        last payment was about june 2007
        In this case, it would be statute barred! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

That's an absolute defence and you don't need anything else, the onus would be on the claimant to prove it is not. Obviously it pays to double check your records before submitting your defence, just to be on the safe side. :thumb:

Comment

I've just made a little room in my PM inbox. :nerd:

Comment

my records show that when i went with bryom & keely dmp was 1 november 2005 to 20 july 2007 and there was about 5 or 6 payments after that was token payments of a £1 sent on the 1st of every month

ps debt collectors was sent cca with a £1 but nothing was ever sent nor did we get our quid back lol

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

my records show that when i went with bryom & keely dmp was 1 november 2005 to 20 july 2007 and there was about 5 or 6 payments after that was token payments of a £1 sent on the 1st of every month

ps debt collectors was sent cca with a £1 but nothing was ever sent nor did we get our quid back lol

so do i send the cpr letter or just put in defence stat barred addvis please

Comment

Hi Smith. Re your PM, it depends when your last payment of any kind was made. if it was more than 6 years ago then its statute barred.

If less than 6 years I think you need to send the cpr letter.

QCK

PS i'm not a lawyer or legally qualified in any way.

Comment

last payment token payment was was 1 st jan 2008

but will send cpr letter first
                        Last edited by smith; 14th January 2014, 17:08:PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
                            last payment token payment was was 1 st jan 2008

but will send cpr letter first
                            If last payment date were the only criteria then this debt became Statute Barred on 02 Jan 2014.

BUT If you have made any admission of the debt since then that will have restarted the SB clock
                            They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
                              If last payment date were the only criteria then this debt became Statute Barred on 02 Jan 2014.

BUT If you have made any admission of the debt since then that will have restarted the SB clock

i have not made any admission since the dates stated or any payments what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post

i have not made any admission since the dates stated or any payments what so ever

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X