• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamptons Legal "if you don't contact us we have no other option than to involve...."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamptons Legal "if you don't contact us we have no other option than to involve...."

Hi

I originally came on this site because I owed £97 pound to TMOBILE now the debt has been passed on to Hamptons Legal and it's gone upto £234.86. They have sent me a letter which has sent me into a deep depression. They say in it that if I do not pay within 10 days they have no other option to involve the courts. They also said they have assessed my financial situation and that they believe I can pay. How have they come to that conclusion? I've been unemployed for the last 5 months.

Will they take me to court? Sorry I'm a bit naive in these matters I'm 22 and I've never had to deal with debt collection agencies before. I have a lot on at the minute 2 deaths have occurred in my family in the last week and my entire family are going to Pakistan tomorrow so should I ask them for the money now before its too late? Because once they're gone I won't have any money to pay for the debt and I don't want to be taken to court whilst they are away.

please help!
    Tags: None

Re: Hamptons Legal "if you don't contact us we have no other option than to involve..

This one

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ighlight=razza
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Hamptons Legal "if you don't contact us we have no other option than to involve..

Originally posted by razza View Post
      I owed £97 pound to TMOBILE now the debt has been passed on to Hamptons Legal and it's gone up to £234.86.
      How?

They say in it that if I do not pay within 10 days they have no other option to involve the courts.
      One might wonder how the Hamptons of the Lowell Group (for it is they) will explain to the court how the debt has allegedly increased by £137.86 since May.

Comment

Originally posted by razza View Post
        Hi

I originally came on this site because I owed £97 pound to TMOBILE now the debt has been passed on to Hamptons Legal and it's gone upto £234.86. They have sent me a letter which has sent me into a deep depression. They say in it that if I do not pay within 10 days they have no other option to involve the courts. They also said they have assessed my financial situation and that they believe I can pay. How have they come to that conclusion? I've been unemployed for the last 5 months.

Will they take me to court? Sorry I'm a bit naive in these matters I'm 22 and I've never had to deal with debt collection agencies before. I have a lot on at the minute 2 deaths have occurred in my family in the last week and my entire family are going to Pakistan tomorrow so should I ask them for the money now before its too late? Because once they're gone I won't have any money to pay for the debt and I don't want to be taken to court whilst they are away.

please help!
        Don't worry, your family comes first! :_tighthug__by_darkm

There is a fee to pay to issue a court claim and, given this is a small debt, that could well deter them from going further, choosing to harass you with letters instead! :rant: Trust me, there really is no reason to get depressed over a debt like this, I owe over £15,000 and there are people on here who owe nearly 10 times more than that, and haven't been taken to court, or, to be more accurate, were taken to court once and won! :thumb:

In the event you received court papers, you will have the opportunity to defend the claim, in this case the argument would be the excessive charges they've added on top of the actual debt! :mad2: Even if this went to court, a judge couldn't order you to pay what you can't afford, many people have CCJs and pay just £1/month if they are unemployed, so there really is nothing to worry yourself about! :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X