• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell and Red

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Lowell and Red

I am getting worried about I have been having letters and calls from Lowell and now getting letters from Red , They say I owe money from an 02 account for just over £600 but I have never had an 02 account my phones have always been pay and go . I am not sure how much information about the letters etc to put on here in case Lowell or Red see it and work out its me , Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Lowell and Red

Lowell and Red are the same company. Do NOT ring these moron or speak to them if they ring you. They are obviously on a phishing expedition and have probably sent out loads of letters to people with the same name as you in the hope they can CON someone into paying. Send them one simple letter stating that you have never had an O2 contract phone and demand they prove otherwise. Do not get involved in a game of letter ping pong with them

Comment

I have to say to the OP if its not your debt ignore everthing but keep a record of any phone calls.texts or letters from these people THEY have to prove you owe money not the other way round

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        I have to say to the OP if its not your debt ignore everthing but keep a record of any phone calls.texts or letters from these people THEY have to prove you owe money not the other way round
        Normally I agree that ignoring DCAs works well but in this case I would write ONCE to them making the position clear then hit them with a harrassment complaint when then continue with the threatomatic letters and calls from the threat monkeys

Comment

I was pursued by these morons for over two years for a none existent orange bill. Like you I have never had a contract phone, I get mine from Tesco.

They would phone and write me for three or four weeks then i would ring them and they would apologies, then I would hear nothing for a few weeks then the letters would start again. They are no risk, it is just very annoying.
          However check you credit report just to make sure they have not registered a default.

I eventually settled the mater by sending a letter before action, they sent me a letter confirming all collection activity has been stopped and they suspected some kind of fraud had taken place, protesting that they had bought the account in good faith, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
            I was pursued by these morons for over two years for a none existent orange bill. Like you I have never had a contract phone, I get mine from Tesco.

They would phone and write me for three or four weeks then i would ring them and they would apologies, then I would hear nothing for a few weeks then the letters would start again. They are no risk, it is just very annoying.
            However check you credit report just to make sure they have not registered a default.

I eventually settled the mater by sending a letter before action, they sent me a letter confirming all collection activity has been stopped and they suspected some kind of fraud had taken place, protesting that they had bought the account in good faith, whatever.
            That's the excuse I've found most DCAs use to dig themselves out of a hole, GT. The last one who tried to use that excuse was Moorcroft who were harassing some elderly neighbours of mine. When I pressed them to confirm if they had conducted sufficient checks to ensure the alleged debt actually existed and was lawful, they tried the "good faith" excuse a couple more times then, eventually, conceded they had not conducted any checks and were not certain as to whether the debt was lawful. Good faith is not an excuse that works unless the person you are dealing with is either totally gullible or easily lead. An informed person is not so easily lead or hoodwinked.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I have checked in my old files and in there I found a letter dated 14/2/12 from 02 which says - We closed an account you had with us on 7/9/10. But you still owe £612 .Details of what that amount is for are on the other side of this letter. it then says - On 23/12/11 we transferred your account and the money you owe to Lowell Portfolio 1 ltd .They`re a dept purchasing company who can help you find ways to repay the money. I got worried and decided to check my Credit report , and on there the only thing I could find was an entry for 02 that's says 02 started 7/3/2008 then Current Balance £0 then settled then it states settlement date 22/5/08 .Then account updated 8/6/2008 ,I don't understand I never had a 02 account so why is that there , ??? What do I do now ?? Please help

Comment

Why didn't you ask O2 about what version of Silly Buggers they were playing?

What explanation (if any) was there on the other side of the letter dated 14/2/2012?

Comment

On the back of letter on 3 lines it says Month Transaction type Credits Debits Balance
                  opening Balance 0.00
                  14 July 2010 invoice Balance 33.25 33.25
                  14 Aug 2010 invoice Balance 81.60 114.85
                  7 Sep 2010 invoice Balance 498.09 612.94
                  Total Payments 0.00 612.94 612.94 I have never had any invoices

Comment

The Letter from 02 on the 14/2/12 was the first and only letter I got about this at that time and didn't respond as I had never had an account with 02 so though they had got the wrong person and ignored it till I started getting these letters from Lowell and now red , and just don't know what to do.

Comment

Needless to say, the purported account statements do not make much sense unless someone had fraudulently obtained a mobile phone from O2 using your identity.

How else would any of that even be possible with a pay-as-you-go telephone?

Comment

I have just dug out my response form Lowell as mentioned earlier.

I originality complained by email to post@lowelgroup.co.uk

And sent hard copy to Enterprise house, 1 Apex View Leeds LS11 9bh.

Something like.

Re account number.

I have been receiving demands for payment on this account for some time and have repeatedly stated that i am completely unaware of any debt to XX.

Please investigate and advise, I will expect you to put all collection activities on hold and acknowledge receipt of this correspondence within 7 days. Hard copy to follow.

No need for any threats yet

You can also ring them on 0113 3086349.

Let them know that you have requested that they look into your account.

Comment

What do you think I should do ? should I contact 02 or Lowell I know they keep phoning me and sending these letters saying I have to pay and I have ignored them but now it has got me worried .

Comment

I would contact Lowell as it is they who now own the "debt" and it is them who are chasing you.

You need to go on the offensive IMO give them chance to look into the claim, keep all correspondence, and keep phone calls to the bare minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                              I have just dug out my response form Lowell as mentioned earlier.

I originality complained by email to post@lowelgroup.co.uk

And sent hard copy to Enterprise house, 1 Apex View Leeds LS11 9bh.

Something like.

Re account number.

I have been receiving demands for payment on this account for some time and have repeatedly stated that i am completely unaware of any debt to XX.

Please investigate and advise, I will expect you to put all collection activities on hold and acknowledge receipt of this correspondence within 7 days. Hard copy to follow.

No need for any threats yet

You can also ring them on 0113 3086349.

Let them know that you have requested that they look into your account.
                              I think I will try this first and thank you , I will let you know what happens .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X