• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowel account paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowel account paid

yes I had a debt witht he money shop, which was paid years ago, they sold it to lowell, neither company would listenthat I had paid it, even when i Provided reciepts so i took money shop to fos they settled before investigation and gave me 235, gunna put in a complaint against lowell as well!

Best one so far, quickquid wrote off there balance in full and recalled it from 1st credit after i pointed out they failed to co-op with my bank on a dd indemnity form and they lleant irresponsibly, 300 written off.....also taken capone to task got 89 back for ppi 25 goodwill gesture for taking so long to deal with the issue and im going for more lol....

Comment

Hi Flaming,

I have sent the CCA and had that back last year. They have been hounding me for a while with 2 other accounts with them until they realised they couldn't go for the other accounts due to the CCA being UE, but for some reason they have decided to go for this one which is again unsigned.

Comment

Just realised that I am way behind and another topic has been taking place... lol. Just had a proper look look at the reasons Lowell gave me for chasing me and realised that I should have answered the part of the letter set out below instead of ignoring them. But, one question. Do you have to send CCA's to all new DCA's? This is the reason Lowell are giving me and now in a bit of a 'oh sugar, I should have read that letter' position....

They said my CCA was EN due to ''we deny that this a/c is UE on the basis that your request made under section 77 and/or 78 was not answered by Lowell within the prescribed time of 12 working days.

We would refer you to section 78[6][a] and section 77 [4][a] as appropriate that says that a creditor such as Lowell Portfolio l Ltd cannot enforce the terms of any agreement until such time as any requests made under these sections of the CCA for a copy of the a/c agreement has been answered.

Your request has now been answered and as such re-payment can be properly enforced by Lowell.''

Thanks.. Any help would be great

Comment

Hi
          I am sure FP will be here soon but in the meantime..
          Once you have sent a CCA request, if either it doesn't come back or it comes back UE for whatever reason you don't need to CCA anyone else. If a new DCA take it over you can just write and say this account is in dispute because of .........(creditor x failed to respond correctly to my CCA request or the agreement that creditor x sent back was unenforceable) No need to tell them why just that it is.
          Hope that is of some help

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie Pixie View Post
            Just realised that I am way behind and another topic has been taking place... lol. Just had a proper look look at the reasons Lowell gave me for chasing me and realised that I should have answered the part of the letter set out below instead of ignoring them. But, one question. Do you have to send CCA's to all new DCA's? This is the reason Lowell are giving me and now in a bit of a 'oh sugar, I should have read that letter' position....
            No, once you've got a response you just have to tell the new DCAs that the account is unenforceable and state the reasons, such as not receiving a response, receiving a letter stating they couldn't produce the agreement, receiving only an application form and no terms, a bunch of terms that don't relate to you, etc.
            Originally posted by Trixie Pixie View Post
            They said my CCA was EN due to ''we deny that this a/c is UE on the basis that your request made under section 77 and/or 78 was not answered by Lowell within the prescribed time of 12 working days.

We would refer you to section 78[6][a] and section 77 [4][a] as appropriate that says that a creditor such as Lowell Portfolio l Ltd cannot enforce the terms of any agreement until such time as any requests made under these sections of the CCA for a copy of the a/c agreement has been answered.

Your request has now been answered and as such re-payment can be properly enforced by Lowell.''

Thanks.. Any help would be great
            An account may be temporarily UE while they haven't responded to a CCA request, however, it's not the act of not responding within the 12 day timescale that makes an account UE as such, it's the lack of a properly executed agreement with all the prescribed terms that makes it UE.

You may want to post up what you had in response to your CCA request, removing all personal details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X