• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

funding corporation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: funding corporation

While it is undoubtedly not good practice to ignore your letter, the Default Notice appears solid to me. They have allowed the statutory time plus a bit. The onyl arguable possible point on it is they say payment must be made no later than March 1st, but go on to say if you don't you must return the goods no later than March 1st. I would question whether the deadline date for payment and date for return of the goods can be one and the same, but it is nit picking.

There is plenty more, as you know, we can fight this on. I assume you had the Letter of Termination.

Comment

Comment

The Notice of Termination would hold water from a technical point of view, although they've got the date of the Default Notice incorrect. The figures and other legalities surrounding this are far more important though, and there I think is where we take the fight.

Comment

Bill - thank you, and Maggot apologies. I looked at the way in which the DN was presented, but if the figures are wrong, then I too suspect it makes it defective. I need to double check that as the really critical bit where most mess up is the time limit.

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
            just ignore if i were in your position
            This is also Curlyben's usual suggestion, and TBH, I'm sure it's OK. But for peeps who aren't used to this game of charades, it can be a difficult thing to do with any confidence or experience. My own personal preference is to respond with a 'Who are you/Prove it' letter, and send it by email if possible. It usually gets an automated acknowledgement, so it costs nowt. If not, send by 2nd class and get a Proof of Posting certificate.
            Originally posted by labman View Post
            ...the Default Notice appears solid to me.
            But the figures on the DN are incorrect, Labman. Isn't that a crucial element of it ?

EDIT: Crossed posts - I see we concur on the figures, Labman. But I appreciate that your forté is with the other points, eg., timing, etc.

Comment

this will help

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...kcyGYTomTwI22w

Comment

If that dn was sent on the 13th 2nd class assume to receive it 17th 29 days in feb ?

Comment

the default notice does not comply

give me a few days to bring up some case law

i believe wilson has case law on this

Comment

wonder why the figure is different on the arrears on dn tn

Comment

It doesn't comply on figures alone. Am I not correct in thinking a DN had to be sent 1st class, so is deemed received 2 working days later. It's actually irrelevant as the figures are wrong.

Comment

i am with you labman on this but i am hitting the books to confirm

Comment

Thanks for checking!

Comment

Could the total amount payable on the default notice include charges if so the figure will be different from the one on the agreements.
                            still dont understand why default notice says arrears £273.73 termination notice £547.46

Comment

The difference might another months contractual payment of £247.73 being added BUT HOW CAN THEY ADD IT IF THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DEFAULTED AND TERMINATED

WHAT DAY OF THE MONTH WERE THE PAYMENTS DUE

Comment

The regs are silent on 1st class or second class. They just state 14 days from date of service. In terms of everything EXCEPT figures, I think the DN is sound, but again the regs seem silent on figures. It stands to reason that one must be able to challenge these surely, but where is it written down?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X