• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mackenzie Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mackenzie Hall

I asked Teaboy and Bluebottle to look at this and both gave exactly the same response. The fact is though, it is not SB as you have made payments towards the debt in the past 6 years. The last thing you want to do at this stage is acknowledge it. I would suggest you send a 'Prove It' letter to them which I posted in an earlier post I think.

Largo Law have been a little naughtier suggesting you have a CCJ when you haven't. I'll leave others to suggest the options available to you there, but whatever you do be careful not to acknowledge the debt.

Comment

would that be this one i found on letters and templates:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− 000000000000

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

name

Comment

In view of what Largo Law and Mucky Hall have done in your case, I would strongly advise you to seek guidance from a legal professional before proceeding any further. Certainly, what Largo Law has done may well amount to serious professional misconduct under the Solicitors Code of Conduct. It is what Mucky Hall have put Largo Law up to that is the most concerning.

Seek professional legal advice in the first instance, then come back onto this thread. It may be that a formal complaint to the OFT's Credit Fitness Team against Mucky Hall is necessary, but please seek professional legal advice first.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

ok, i appreciate your input and cant thank you enough.

are there any organisations you could recommend please, or just local solicitors?

Comment

You can go to a local solicitor or, if you are on a limited income, your local Law Centre or Community Legal Service (CLS) office.

Comment

I agree. What these idiots have done is not only professional misconduct, but also amounts to false representation under the fraud act 2006. I suspect they know they can not enforce and are simply saying they have a court order in pure hope of scaring you to pay up.

As Bluebottle said, you need to seek a solicitor and have them act on your behalf. That way you will likely see more compo then you would if you took it on yourself. Though we can help you take it on yourself, you would be better to have a professional solicitor and am sure Bluebottle will no doubt know of somewhere were you can get free professional legal help.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

That's where the Law Centres and Community Legal Service (CLS) come in. Advice or assistance from them is normally free or very low-cost. However, see if a local solicitor is willing to take it on a "No Win, No Fee" basis first.

Comment

im so glad i found this forum, and to have guys like you to help us.
                  but like you say im better off with a local solicitor as i dont think i have the confidence and know how to do myself, but i will keep you posted.
                  thx guys

Comment

Hi everyone.

This is a great website and am so glad that i have come across it.

The famous Mackenzie Hall keep calling me on my house phone, then they dont call for a month or 2 and then they begin calling again.

One new trick that i think they have is routing through a local number to make you think it is not them! I received a call earlier today from a local number and when i answered the call took a good few seconds to kick in (like it was connecting) and then someone asked if they could speak to me. Has anyone else heard of them trying this tactic?

I asked who they were and when stated i hung up. I do have debt from quite a few years back which was caused by my ex wife. This must be over 6yrs ago though by now so i'm pretty sure they are just trying there luck. I have no intention in contacting them but have one question. If i ask them to provide detail of the debt does this constitute as acknowledging the debt?

This company do lay on the scare tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby1979 View Post
                      Hi everyone.

This is a great website and am so glad that i have come across it.

The famous Mackenzie Hall keep calling me on my house phone, then they dont call for a month or 2 and then they begin calling again.

One new trick that i think they have is routing through a local number to make you think it is not them! I received a call earlier today from a local number and when i answered the call took a good few seconds to kick in (like it was connecting) and then someone asked if they could speak to me. Has anyone else heard of them trying this tactic?

I asked who they were and when stated i hung up. I do have debt from quite a few years back which was caused by my ex wife. This must be over 6yrs ago though by now so i'm pretty sure they are just trying there luck. I have no intention in contacting them but have one question. If i ask them to provide detail of the debt does this constitute as acknowledging the debt?

This company do lay on the scare tactic.

Vanquis re-routing and others thru local numbers their begin with yoiur area code then the number 4 is the 1st number.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X