• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mackenzie Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mackenzie Hall

Hi, I have received a letter in the post dated 5/10/12 from largo law,

Dear sir

Re:BCW group ( gothic)limited( formerly gothic limited)

We act on behalf of the above named client in relation to a debt in the sum of
    £*****

The debt due by you relates to a hire purchase agreement dated the 04/
    04/2000 and numbered 00/109199 in respect of a Vauxhall vectra, index number
    N***wbd

Notice of default was given on the 28/02/2002 and agreement was terminated on the 17/04/2002. Under the terms of the agreement you are severally liable for the debt and unless payment is made within the next seven days we have instructions to enforce judgement dated 29/08/2002 without further notice.

We trust this will not be necessary and look forward to receiving your cheque in settlement within the time stated.

Yours faithfully

Largo law

( also signed largo law)

"""""""""
    I also gave car back and thought I payed longer than 2 yrs

I was about to send statute barred letter and received this today,
    m I in trouble peeps,?
    Last edited by lilolly76; 6th October 2012, 17:13:PM.

Comment

If you are 100% sure the debt was not acknowledged for a 6 year period, then this appears to me to be a scare tactic. If the debt is Statute Barred, it can never become un-Statute Barred.

I would send them the same letter you are sending Mucky Hall.

Comment

I can't be too sure! But I think I had letters only from red castle, gothia, mucky hall and Cabot even offering me a discount to pay it off the debt was for 6k and offering me a deal to pay off 1.5k to settle it,
        Should I just send the statue barred anyway.
        Thank you for your time and responses

Comment

Did you respond in writing to any of these organisations?

Comment

no not in writing!

i made 2 payments to red castle cos i got scared in dec 2007 january 2008. but i stopped! it was telephone payment!
            Last edited by lilolly76; 6th October 2012, 18:46:PM.

Comment

If you made payments towards the debt, the 6 year clock would have started ticking all over again I'm afraid, so the debt will not be Statute Barred.

Comment

last request,do you think it would hurt to send the statute barred letter anyway or would i be causing harm

Comment

You won't cause harm, but if they have a statement of your account and can see the payments they will know it's not SB. Perhaps, as you know you have acknowledged the debt so it isn't SB, you should write to them and ask for a Statement of Account or Proof the debt still exists.

Comment

true, thx.
                    is there a template i could use as you wouldnt believe how much of a noob i am at things like this.

Comment

Re-reading the letter, it appears they got a County Court Judgment against you - this is what they say they are going to enforce. Were you aware of this?

Comment

no not at all i have only recieved the scare-mongering letters from mucky,red castle and gothia until this letter and not advised otherwise.

what other ways would i find out, i mean the credit report i had done in 2010 didnt state any ccj or credit owed to companies other than my credit card.

plus wouldnt it have hindered my chances of getting a mortgage
                        Last edited by lilolly76; 6th October 2012, 20:11:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilolly76 View Post
                          no not at all i have only recieved the scare-mongering letters from mucky,red castle and gothia until this letter and not advised otherwise.

what other ways would i find out, i mean the credit report i had done in 2010 didnt state any ccj or credit owed to companies other than my credit card.

plus wouldnt it have hindered my chances of getting a mortgage
                          Hi Labman asked me to have a look at this thread. If you were not aware they had a judgement against you, then you can apply for it to be set aside on the grounds you did not receive any particulars or claim, though this will simply revert the court action back to a state of the claim being made where you will have to defend against the claim or admit the debt. Now as no CCJ appears on your credit report and as none of the other DCA's have mentioned anything about any judgement, then i suspect they may be playing games here and have no CCJ against you at all.

So i suggest you that you use this site - http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ to check if their is any CCJ's against you. If not then the current DCA that referred to there being a CCJ against you has lied to you, which could be deemed fraud by false representation under the fraud act 2006.

Let us know what you find out using the website i linked to above. Then we can help you write up a letter for you to sent to the current DCA.
                          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

hi there teaboy2 thank you so much for looking into this. i have just requested a report im not to sure how to insert it in to post, but i requested "orders & judgements for england and wales" with a cost of £4 and the response was 'nothing registered' i could send u a copy if u wish to view.

so what do you think?
                            Last edited by lilolly76; 7th October 2012, 17:13:PM.

Comment

The fact that no CCJs are on record indicates that what Largo Law has done may well amount to serious professional misconduct on their part. On their website, they claim to be regulated by the SRA. I would be inclined to contact the SRA with regard to making a formal complaint. As for Mucky Hall, what they have done may well amount to a criminal offence. Largo Law need to be challenged, but I would strongly advise that this is done through a legal professional.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

any recommendations on what to do next, do i sent statute barred letters to both parties, or go down some other route?

please note: i am a virgin in all matters legal :tinysmile_cry_t:

and appreciate all help given

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X