• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance 'Is My Contract Legal?'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blemain Finance 'Is My Contract Legal?'

Hi guys,
    Following on from this thread........http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=blemain

As we were all 'chewing the fat' on my personal dealings with this two bob bit company, please have a read through it to find out what my position is. Something was pointed out to me when i posted some photos of my agreement and it didn't really click home, well i guess it did, but for some reason i forgot about it, and would like some others opinion on this matter. If you look at my agreement, you can see that the APR is written down as 0.83%.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, for some unknown reason (and believe me I really don't know why i signed up for this) but i have and its completely my fault. i have signed up to pay £145.33 for 300months which works out at £43599 ouch . Is this payment right with an APR of 0.83%? And if it isn't which i believe it isn't. What should I do about it?
    Kind regards.
    FP
    Tags: None

Re: Blemain Finance 'Is My Contract Legal?'

Or, should I word it another way? How much should I be paying per month for 300 months for a loan of 15000 at 0.83% APR? RegardsFP

Comment

I'm not sure if i worked it out the right way but £15,000 @0.83% = £12450 + £15000 = £27450 divide by 300 months = £91.50per month.

Comment

Ok thanks Ian. Looks like I've been overpaying for a number of years then I'd love to know if this contract is still legally binding. I personally think its a tribe misleading?
        Regards
        FP

Comment

I hate to keep bumping, but this is really depressing me at the moment. Would anyone have any idea if this contract is legally binding?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I get £15,000 + loan extra of £1000 at 0.83% over 300 months, means your APR is 1.3697%
              Payment £59.08
              Total Payment £17,722.88
              Total Interest £ 2,722.88
              I worked that out on www.efunda

Cheers Brian
              Last edited by brian77; 8th June 2012, 18:50:PM.

Comment

Thanks brian, as you can see on the contract, it says 'rate of interest per month' is 12% but the APR is 0.83% does this make sense?
                Kind regards
                FP

Comment

Hi
                  I can't make out what it says in the APR section,

D

Comment

Hi, Sorry ill find out what it says once ive got the little rascals in bed.

Comment

The APR on a fixed sum loan is not a prescribed term, so in itself cannot be used to claim the agreement is unenforceable.
                      However it is a major factor when the lender accesses the value of the credit bargain, the court will usually consider sanctions under section 127(1) if the APR is seriously misquoted. Thee could include rescheduling the loan.(s135)

D

Comment

Thanks Davyb,
                        Would this be worth seeing a solicitor about for some advise, or at least having a chat with a duty solicitor at my local CAB?
                        This whole loan for me looks incredibly suspect because the 'financial advisor' who got us the loan has been put in prison for fraud. To read more view this thread:
                        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=blemain
                        I come into the conversation on Pg 9 post 224. I would at least like to claim some of the damn charges back they have charged me over the years.
                        Thanks again
                        FP

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                          Thanks Davyb,
                          Would this be worth seeing a solicitor about for some advise, or at least having a chat with a duty solicitor at my local CAB?
                          This whole loan for me looks incredibly suspect because the 'financial advisor' who got us the loan has been put in prison for fraud. To read more view this thread:
                          http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=blemain
                          I come into the conversation on Pg 9 post 224. I would at least like to claim some of the damn charges back they have charged me over the years.
                          Thanks again
                          FP
                          Yes i wold have to see a closer look at the contract, also if you hired a broker their mayh be an issue of secret commission.
                          It would SAR the creditor i the first instance to get all the detais

D

Comment

I've already SAR'd them, and felt sick by how much i have been charged in extra charges. So much so i felt depressed looking into it. Will it say amount of commission payed etc in there? (can't remember if it did or not.)
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                              I've already SAR'd them, and felt sick by how much i have been charged in extra charges. So much so i felt depressed looking into it. Will it say amount of commission payed etc in there? (can't remember if it did or not.)
                              Thanks
                              That entirely depends on whether you can find it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X