• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robberscum way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robberscum way

hello everyone, I see theres some familiar names on this site (i was a member on a certain 'other' site too lol)

I have a CCJ from robbinscumway which was for a next catalogue debt.
    Turns out the debt was over 6 years old when RB finally decided to collect.
    I did not know about stat barred at the time so obviously panicked and made an arrangement to pay a 'greatly reduced amount'.
    I made the first payment of a tenner through their website and then RB cancelled the agreement and the next i hear i've got a county court bailiff knocking at the door.
    I'm paying the bailiff monthly but still keep getting phone calls from RB while i'm at work telling me to 'ring them URGENTLY'

sorry i know i can go on but i have 2 questions i need answering if any of you lovely people can help

1, does making the payment throw the Stat Barred out of the window?
    2, Is RB phoning me harrassment?
    3, RB cannot supply a true cca (yet i have an original which I never signed) does this enable me to get the ccj removed and hammer RB for the costs?

I dont know the exact date of the ccj but it was around a year ago i think.

Any help with this will be most appreciated guys

Ben13

Re: Robberscum way

Was it stat barred when you started to make the payments?
    Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

Were you aware of this action being taken in court and are you 100% sure this is a legit bailiff and not simply a doorstep agent from RW&c ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zazen.Warrior View Post
        Was it stat barred when you started to make the payments?

yes!!!
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        Were you aware of this action being taken in court and are you 100% sure this is a legit bailiff and not simply a doorstep agent from RW&c ??

First I was aware was when i got a letter stating I had a ccj against me.
        I had a hell of a time with this as RW were ringing upto 50 times a day making alsorts of threats.
        They even went as far as pretending to be an appointed OR and wanted me to hand over ALL my financial info including statements for bank and mortgage... At the time my OH and I were REALLY SCARED. It did strike me as odd that the woman pretending to be OR spoke very very quietly (almost whispering).

Yes it is a legit bailiff. I've checked him out already
        Last edited by ben13; 23rd September 2010, 12:48:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Have you ever actually SEEN the judgement ?

Comment

its on my credit file!!!!!!

Comment

Not what I asked.
              Have you ever seen or received a copy of the actual judgement ?

If this CCJ has been granted without your knowledge then you have grounds to have it set aside.

Comment

Yes I received a copy of the judgement. It arrived about 6 weeks after the ccj was dated

I've read somewhere that as it's been more than 28 days since the ccj was granted i wouldnt be able to get it set aside. Is this true?

Comment

Nope not at all.
                  If you paid the judgement within 28 days then it doesn't appear on your CRA file.

There's a number of points that this is fightable on.
                  Details here: Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside

If, as you suspect, this debt was statute barred before court action was taken then that is a SOLID reason for a setaside.
                  Coupled with the fact you didn't receive the claim form or were given the normal 28 days to pay, I believe you have a strong case.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                    Nope not at all.
                    If you paid the judgement within 28 days then it doesn't appear on your CRA file.

There's a number of points that this is fightable on.
                    Details here: Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside

If, as you suspect, this debt was statute barred before court action was taken then that is a SOLID reason for a setaside.
                    Coupled with the fact you didn't receive the claim form or were given the normal 28 days to pay, I believe you have a strong case.
                    I'm 95% certain it was SB before I was conned into making a payment by RW.

Our post is very very poor and has been for the last 3 years. I've complained to royal mail but nothing seems to happen, would this help my case at all?

Comment

For sure.
                      The more points against that you can think of the better your case will go.

Comment

The other question i have is would i be able to claim back money already paid to the bailiff?
                        Plus any costs?

Comment

You can try, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

shame. It woulda been great to stuff them!!

Comment

Is it worth sendin RW a CCA request as I DO have the the original agreement but They've told me endless times on the phone that they dont have one and dont have to supply one.
                              Would this also help my case?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X