• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robberscum way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robberscum way

i couldnt possibly comment on that
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi pt

Just checked on my archive of letters from RW Ltd. and they all have the number of the liquidated company on them.

So a phone call to Marsha Bell as well tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by middenmess View Post
        Hi pt

Just checked on my archive of letters from RW Ltd. and they all have the number of the liquidated company on them.

So a phone call to Marsha Bell as well tomorrow?
        id say the name is key

if its Robinson Way and Company limited and the letters are dated after 9th November 2009 then yup i would

as they are misleading as they changed name to RWC 2009 limited and they have no CCA licence from that date onwards
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

To clarify as I'm getting confused...

The letters are all headed as Robinson Way Limited,date from around the middle of May,2010 and have the company number of 885896 on them which is the number of the liquidated '' RWC 2009 Limited.'' and relate to a Halifax account.

These letters are in black and white,without their 'trademark' yellow band highlighting the first paragraph and would pass as a photocopy. The company number is quite prominent at top centre of the letter beneath their phone and fax numbers.No email address is shown.

By comparison,he letters I receive from them chasing on behalf of Barclaycard are all 'proper' jobs with colouring,'Debt collectors' at top right above the Visa etc. logos,their email address etc. and the correct company number in small print on the reverse.

So do I phone and whinge or not?

Last edited by middenmess; 26th September 2010, 17:38:PM.

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what about cases where court action was started pre September 2009 and a letter is sent by Horwich Farrelly stating that they are solicitors on record and that by an agreement dated 25 Sept 2009, Rob Way and Co Ltd transferred all of it's assets to Rob Way Ltd. Therefore all rights etc assigned by Rob Way and Co Ltd to Rob Way Ltd.
            At the bottom of the page in bold type it states agreement dated 26 Sept 2009 assigned etc.
            Does thisdifferent date negate the assignment? Can a solicitor send out this letter?
            THank you

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Sorry to hijack this thread, but what about cases where court action was started pre September 2009 and a letter is sent by Horwich Farrelly stating that they are solicitors on record and that by an agreement dated 25 Sept 2009, Rob Way and Co Ltd transferred all of it's assets to Rob Way Ltd. Therefore all rights etc assigned by Rob Way and Co Ltd to Rob Way Ltd.
              At the bottom of the page in bold type it states agreement dated 26 Sept 2009 assigned etc.
              Does thisdifferent date negate the assignment? Can a solicitor send out this letter?
              THank you
              in a nut shell yes, notice of assignment can come from anyone as long as its clear and communicates that there has been an assignment etc.

Now then,

the date is another matter, if the date differs from the deed or sale agreement, then they are in trouble and the assignment will be invalid as a legal assignment

Comment

Thank you. dates on executed sales agreement are the 25th. The letter sent shows assignment taking place on both the 25th and 26th. Copy from HF in court bundle is different as they have eliminated the part that shows the 26th!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  THank you

All this company stuff is just so confusing as you find on google...

Robinson Way & Co Ltd
                  1 McKeown Street
                  LISBURN
                  BT28 1BD
                  County Antrim

who appear to be still trading as a DCA????

and on Companies House...

Who is LB's companies expert??
                  Last edited by middenmess; 26th September 2010, 23:21:PM. Reason: added image

Comment

I'm not a 'Companies Expert' for that you may need one of the others, but I can perform credit searches on companies and can even (sometimes) find out directors personal details, ie: date of birth, address etc.

If anyone wants any done give me a shout.

Comment

The OFT Public Register states:

RWC 2009 Limited; Company Number 885896 (In Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation)
                      Formerly Robinson Way & Co Limited.

History Event October 2009:
                      CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details :: Licence History :: Event Details

Event Details

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name 0630388 Current Robinson Way Limited Event Details:

Event Number Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status 2 Variation 05-Oct-2009 21-Oct-2009 Completed Licence Event Details:

RoleNameActionLICENSEERobinson Way & Company 2009 LimitedRemovedLICENSEERobinson Way LimitedAdded
                      Address TypeAddressActionCorrespondenceLondon Scottish House, Quays Reach, Carolina Way, Salford, M50 2ZYAdded / RetainedPrincipal Place Of BusinessLondon Scottish House, Quays Reach, Carolina Way, Salford, M50 2ZYAdded / RetainedRegistered OfficeLondon Scottish House, Quays Reach, Carolina Way, Salford, M50 2ZYAdded / Retained
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Name & Registered Office:
                      RWC 2009 LIMITED
                      c/o ERNST & YOUNG LLP
                      100 BARBIROLLI SQUARE
                      MANCHESTER
                      M2 3EY
                      Company No. 00885896

Date of Incorporation: 18/08/1966

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                      Company Type: Private Limited Company
                      Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
                      7487 - Other business activities
                      Accounting Reference Date: 31/10
                      Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/10/2007 (FULL)
                      Next Accounts Due: 30/11/2009 OVERDUE
                      Last Return Made Up To: 21/03/2009
                      Next Return Due: 18/04/2010 OVERDUE
                      Last Members List: 21/03/2008
                      Insolvency History Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name28/09/2009ROBINSON, WAY & COMPANY LIMITED
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      http://www.robinson-way.com/News.aspx?NewsID=26
                      Last edited by Angry Cat; 27th September 2010, 11:24:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

getting back on track.....

I've just got in from work and guess who i've had a phone call from today???
                        it was Moe from Horwich Farrelly.
                        It was only yesterday that I asked my OH to get as much info from him as possible but all he (eventually) gave was a contact number and asked that I phone him 'urgently'.

Since I already have a CCJ and am paying the court bailiff £30pm is this allowed? and furthermore will this help my case regarding getting the ccj overturned?

Comment

Is Moe actually employed by Horwich Farrelly Solicitors?

Horwich Farrelly are the in-house (broom cupboard) solicitors for RW.

Comment

Thanks angry cat but i already knew that.
                            Want i need to know is whether they are allowed to contact me when i'm paying the bailiffs or is this harassment?

Comment

BUMP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X