• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Lowell Financial

You will probably get a few more letters while your deliberating what to do, they were supposed to have bought mine lock stock and barrel
    I asked them to prove it and they came up with CCA (the original crediter could not find one)so thats why I complained and have heard nothing since thanks to Curly and other posters on here

Comment

Hi Winner
      A genuine CCA? I've had all sorts of rubbish, but not that.
      May be time to do a SAR - not sure
      DT

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        Sounds about par for the course I'm afraid and it utterly meaningless anyway as the NoA must come from the OC.
        This has actually changed of late:

16.2 It is the responsibility of the assignee (the creditor acquiring the rights) to ensure that notice is given. However, he does not have to give notice himself, but can agree with the assignor (the creditor assigning the rights) that the assignor will give notice instead, depending on what is more sensible in the circumstances. It is important, however, that notice is given as soon as reasonably possible and in a way that is clearly understandable by the borrower.

Comment

Thanks Labman
          Well.............. think I might just be a little b-minded about this.
          Think it might be worth, for any of us receiving these bad photocopied bits of paper, sending a request for the original NOA.
          That sits quite nicely between CurlyBen and your quoted clause, and gives them something to do.
          DT

Comment

Lowells were unable to getbmy original CCA from Abbey credit cards, since Abbey did not keep records-the card dated back to 1999. They therefore had to write-off my account-a cool ten grand! So insist on originals.
            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Hi Debtisbad
              Did you ask them to write it off, or did they just do it eventually? I am always surprised when I hear of this happening.
              DT

Comment

Hi there, I was wondering if you guys could help me, I have debated an O2 debt with Lowell but am having difficulty with their reply.
                The letter they sent me states under reference number: NO DMC AVAILABLE what does this mean? Also I requested a copy of my executed credit agreement but they have come back to me saying it's a service agreement(?) does this mean I have no right to see it? Any help uoi guys could give would be amazing, thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X