• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Lowell Financial

Originally posted by saralp View Post
    Ok - I sent a CCA request recorded delivery which was signed for by Lowell on 10th Feb then I received another letter today dated 15th Feb demanding money and saying they are going to send it to their legal department blah blah blah. Since this is within the 12 days do I still have to wait for that time before I can send them another letter saying they haven't complied with my request? Secondly, they have back dated letters to December even though I didn't receive them until this month and one that is blatently from them but posing as if it's sent from Barlcays bank - surely I can report them for this behaviour?? I was just thinking that maybe I can just write a letter to the OFT and Watchdog and copy Lowell in so that they know I know what they're up to? Can anyone help me with these questions please? Thanks so much in advance
    Personally, I found when requesting CCAs that the banks and CRAs drag their feet. The important thing to remember is that after 12+2 days, the account is in dispute, which effectively makes any collection activity invalid.

This can play into your hands in that you can always send a dispute template letter in response to any other letters sent to you.

If they try and take you to the county court, again you can mention that you have not been supplied with a CCA.

With regards to letters being sent by Lowells trying to impersonate the bank, I would report this to the local trading standards people. Anything you can do tobecome an "awkward" customer helps. I played every trick in the book with Lowells for 4 years and they eventually wrote off my account.

Give like for like, but take your time. it is a long, but rewarding process.

Never get angry with them. They always drop themselves in it in the end.
    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

That's fab - thank you so much.
      I've emailed a form to the West Yorks trading standards about posing as Barclays and the back dating and I have emailed Lowell to tell them that's what I've done.
      I will wait until the 12+2 days is up before I sent my second letter requesting the CCA and saying they are in dispute.
      I am happy to go the whole way, I just want the defualt off my credit file as soon as possible, it was perfect before this happened!

Comment

Just to let you know I emailed Lowell saying I had reported them to the trading standards for posing as Barclays and back dating their correspondence and copied the CEO in, I got an email back straight away saying my account was on hold and they were investigating it straight away! I also received a letter from them on Friday saying they needed more time over the 12+2 days to get a copy of my CCA, so I will send them my second letter next week when the 12+2 is up anyway. Thank you so much for all of your invaluable advice, I don't know what I would have done without it.

Comment

Just to let you know I emailed Lowell saying I had reported them to the trading standards for posing as Barclays and back dating their correspondence and copied the CEO in, I got an email back straight away saying my account was on hold and they were investigating it straight away! I also received a letter from them on Friday saying they needed more time over the 12+2 days to get a copy of my CCA, so I will send them my second letter next week when the 12+2 is up anyway. Thank you so much for all of your invaluable advice, I don't know what I would have done without it.
          Well done! They always seem to back down when challenged. The more people thhat challenge and report to the TS OFT, etc, the better.

I wouldn't chase for the CCA, however, they have acknoweldged that they are trying to locate it. Let them be as late as they want. Maybe they cannot find it! That is what happened with me and the account was closed.
          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Isn't the fact that they don't have the CCA the only road I can go down in order to get the default removed and for them to close the account?

Comment

Hey! I need your help again please. I sent the dispute letter on the 25th Feb and got a letter from Lowell today saying they have been in touch with Barclays to request the CCA and are raising it from their achives, at this point they want me to start paying the balance in full or it will result in legal action. Since this account is now in dispute and they have not produced the CCA what happens now? Do I just wait until the 40 days is up to see if they can produce it?

Comment

Hiya, i'm in dispute with this company and have also received the same letter, have you heard anything else from them or they backed off?

Comment

Hey! I need your help again please. I sent the dispute letter on the 25th Feb and got a letter from Lowell today saying they have been in touch with Barclays to request the CCA and are raising it from their achives, at this point they want me to start paying the balance in full or it will result in legal action. Since this account is now in dispute and they have not produced the CCA what happens now? Do I just wait until the 40 days is up to see if they can produce it?
                  Don't be fooled by Lowells. First of all, if there is a dispute with the OC, then the matter quite simply is unlawful if Barclays puts it in the hands of a DCA, in this case Lowells. Of course, they will keep asking for payments, especially in full. this breaks all the OFT's collections guidelines.

When this happened tome, Lowells contacted Abbey national/MBNA who could not find a cpy of the original CCA and Lowells closed the account. Saved me over 10 grand! Then I got a PPI refund off Abbey after I got the BOS to intervene, another 940 quid! Don't give in to these charlatans.
                  Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Hi
                    I am also having problems with this company.
                    I made a formal request for my CCA from them and after faffing for a couple of months they have admitted that they cannot obtain it and therefore are closing my account. However on ringing them today they said that they would not be removing the default they have on my credit file and gave the excuse that if they somehow obtain the cca in the future then they would be persuing with requests for payment! I am understandable really angry with these people.

Can they legally keep a default on my file even though they are unable to provide the CCA?

Comment

Originally posted by squaddiewife View Post
                      Hi
                      I am also having problems with this company.
                      I made a formal request for my CCA from them and after faffing for a couple of months they have admitted that they cannot obtain it and therefore are closing my account. However on ringing them today they said that they would not be removing the default they have on my credit file and gave the excuse that if they somehow obtain the cca in the future then they would be persuing with requests for payment! I am understandable really angry with these people.

Can they legally keep a default on my file even though they are unable to provide the CCA?
                      It would depend on when the first default on the agreement was registered with the CRA's and;
                      the nature of your dispute:
                      http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...3%20%20doc.pdf

Sounds like, they are talking out of the McGuffick book:
                      http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Comm/2009/2386.html

Comment

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me?! I've received a few letters from Lowell Portfolio demanding payment for a debt to Barclays of nearly 6k, which is about 9 months away from being statute barred.
                        I am going to send a letter to them asking them to provide a copy of the original credit agreement, I am assuming they don't have it, because they have got quite a lot of the details wrong, firstly the date of the agreement and the type of account it was. Assuming they don't have the agreement and they cannot enforce it, how do I get the default removed from my credit file?

Another thing is I got a letter in the same envelope from Lowell from Barclays, an assignment letter, but apart from the Barlcays logo, it looks very much like Lowell have done this letter themselves, in which case what can I do about that as presumably that is not allowed?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Sara
                        If you really do owe the money, I would "change address|" for 9 months and not respond to them. Then it will be statute barred.
                        Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Another thing is I got a letter in the same envelope from Lowell from Barclays, an assignment letter, but apart from the Barlcays logo, it looks very much like Lowell have done this letter themselves, in which case what can I do about that as presumably that is not allowed?

Hi Saralp - re the above quote from your first post, did you get anywhere with this with TS?

I have what may be a similar letter, which looks like one of their own efforts, and it has made me suspicious.
                          DT

Comment

Sounds about par for the course I'm afraid and it utterly meaningless anyway as the NoA must come from the OC.

Comment

Hi Doubtingthomas
                              The same thing happened to me NOA in same envelope and my debt was under dispute with the original lender after some letter pingpong they are at present looking into my complaint but have no time scale as to when it may be resolved think that tells you something about how bad lowells are

Comment

Thanks CB
                                Mine is the same as this one from another thread on here, and I suspect Saralp has an identical one. To me it looks as "unofficial" as they can be, so am interested in the other thread that such a latter can be construed as a Notice of Assignment.
                                http://i51.tinypic.com/2s0g0pd.jpg
                                DT
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Hi Winner12
                                Mine too in dispute, now Lowells claim have bought it.
                                Doing nowt for a few days while think about way to proceed, or whether to ignore.
                                Glad you posted your experience - stops one feeling alone.
                                Ta
                                DT
                                Last edited by DoubtingThomas; 9th November 2011, 14:25:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X