• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

just a bit of info for people who are having problems with Blemain / Lancashire mortgage Corporatin etc
    to help them understand who they are dealing with. They are regulated by fisa and guess what Marc Goldberg director of blemain, is on there board. cantor law is thier own in house solicitors. Their receivers both Sterling and waterford are the same company owned by the directors of blemain and untill recently operated out of the same building as blemain.( more massive charges direct to them) does anyone know should receivers be independant, as these will clearly be biased towards the lender

Comment

It is alleged that Blemain use excessive interest and charges for late payment. If this allegation is correct can this be challenged unfair relationship cases

Comment

This company needs to be on 'Watchdog' or something similar!!

Comment

There are significant conflicts of interest, IMHO, where Blemain is concerned, particularly with their solicitors and receivers.

As far as buildings insurance is concerned, usually, it is the mortgagee who arranges their own buildings insurance and notifies the mortgagor of the name of the insurance company.

Problems can arise in the event of a claim if a building is "double insured". Were Blemain made aware that you had building insurance or did they add insurance regardless?
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

they just took their own insurance out!

Comment

If you have your own insurance cover but have not sent them a copy of it be wary as very often double cover often makes both insurances void.
              G

Comment

hi every one ,just getting ALL my letter and court paper back from solicitor that didnt do anything about blemain> any way reading back through i went to court twice !st time repossestion, blemain didnt turn up!! then again i went back in 2008, it was thrown out of court as uninvorcable, all blamains solicitors was sack ( preston) i had letter from them saying discontinued all case against me! and letter from court discontinued and stamped! i believed this was an end to it all. but few years later i start getting letters again from blemain. i am now trying to see what the citizens advice can do, any one understand were im coming from and can offer help i want this off my back asap, had enough.

Comment

You are not alone hear suffering this was exactly the same modis operandi as I had and have the evidence to back it up.

Comment

what do the letters from blemain say

Comment

Blemain Finance; this tread was started in 2007, and i read all over these forums of people over the years having serious problems with Blemains groupe of companies. The Big question is this! what is in place to stop a loan company preying on the vulnerable, offering unregulated loans, unaffordable loans, irresponsable lending, hiding commissions, excessive charges, using intimidating behaviour, conducting business over the phone to reduce the lenders evidence of misconduct. with-holding information, deliberatly keeping its customers in a state of arrears, delaying loan applications, giving misleading advice, causing confusion, using their own solicitors and receivers to remove families from thier homes to get their grubby hands on the hard earned equity HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT THE ANSWER?

Comment

A change of government, judiciary and the financial establishment.
                        G

Comment

2nd Chagre /mortgagesloans are coming within the remit of regulation but it will not be retropective, just like the change to the CCA rules. Harsh yes, but at least it MAY help others going forward. I certainly feel that this area of finance has been ignored by those in power irrespective of their political persuassion becasue it is so lucrative for those investining.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I would avoid this Company completely-they are terrible. I have had a mortgage with them for many years and they have been appalling-They use very nasty tactics. Avoid is my opinion.

Originally posted by suffering View Post
                            RE Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation
                            If you have taken out a loan with this company, can you remember if you were messed about in the process. for example when i applied for a loan i was told it would be signed off in 48 hrs then the next day then this friday etc and so it went on for weeks untill i was getting desperate phoning the daily they sent wrong paperwork etc does this sound familiar or was it just me. last minute they changed the loan deal, Knowing i was depending on the loan. Hook Line & sinker comes to mind.
                            please post a reply or contact me.

Comment

Would this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...31-225-million help us to fight our case at all?

Comment

Hi, read this from the FSA http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/commun...2012/110.shtml

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X