• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

Well done for analysing all this, Turbo - and especially for the brilliant summary in post #333. DavyB's approval of that was not lost on me, either !!!

With regard to Rudiruby's question, the answer is "How long is a piece of string ?" Sometimes, you will get a few sheets of A4 - and sometimes you will get reams of the stuff. It depends on a number of factors, I think, including:

How many different accounts the firm has which pertain to you (and your partner or other signatories);
    How long those accounts were active;
    How forthcoming the firm is in providing all the data;
    How persistent you are in demanding those data.

Comment

Hi Rudiruby

Just to add further to Bill's answer - they have to give you everything they have about you--have a look at this one for mortgages which Tuttsi has just posted up for us.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-for-mortgages

A lot of info specifically requested within--

-just as an example----Barclaycard sent me 1.5 inches of stuff-every statement too--son got 2 similar bound folders from Nationwide--and some get a CD with telephone recordings too

Originally posted by rudiruby View Post
      this is all very interesting - how much date can one expect to get in these subject access requests (new here

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
        Thanks for coming Di--so so pleased you had a nice time with your friend from the states--

Yep--really pleased with my post 333 - I think its my best ever since I was asked to help on PPI ( & when I sent for you & Marshy--lol)- (even though this particular one is not a PPI claim, but settlements and charges)--

--I even got compliments from Davy B which is praise indeed---if you promise not to divulge--me & Bill might even whisper to you who DavyB really is when we are in PAG--lol

Will summarize where we are Di re Penalty Charges on this thread and the correspondence so far (which me & Bill are party too) so you can advise--probabably after tea Di
        Excellent stuff indeed Turbo, well done xxx

We miss our friend from the States already, lovely lad too, and he helped bring Daniel my youngest out of his shell too.

Right ok, well thank you for confirming this and look forward to knowing who DavyB really is lol, interesting that ok.

Thank you xx

Comment

This has got to be worth looking into if you want to take on these bully boys ; check your house insurance to see if you have legal cover. It only costs about £30 extra for a year (worth adding or changing polices ) for around £50,000 legal costs and free legal advice. note you must not appoint a solicitor prior to making a claim. I am going to give it a go its only costing £13 a month for building and legal cover combined. i have been trying to find the best route to take, in bringing a solid case against Blemain. they know how to work the system with every underhand tactick they can think of knowing that when they have taken all your money you are in a dificult position to challenge them with thier barristers. I have found it frustrating that solicitors on their own do not want to give me advice without a barristor in tow this costs around £2000 just to get an assesment. well worth it if you can afford it but i can't.
          Still serching for the best way forward
          I will start a new thread soon and let you know how i get on
          Last edited by suffering; 26th August 2012, 12:57:PM.

Comment

firstly hi to everyone, just been searching for 'problems with blemain' and couldn't believe the amount of people who have problems with them. now i am worried!.
            took out a secure loan with them in 2007 for £6000 over 60 mths. supposed to have finished august 2012. got a statement yesterday which detailed the outstanding balance is £4100, how have i only managed to pay back £1900 ?..today received a letter saying 'due to the conduct of the loan repayments have not been sufficient to repay the balance'.
            we did have difficulties a couple of times but managed to pay off any arrears, (or so we thought) as soon as we could. now thinking that they may start repossession if i can't pay all the outstanding amount. have not had time to reply to them as yet but will certainly be penning a letter tonight and sending recorded delivery, plus sar
            any other suggestions as to what i may need to do in the meantime ? will keep you informed

Comment

RE Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation
              If you have taken out a loan with this company, can you remember if you were messed about in the process. for example when i applied for a loan i was told it would be signed off in 48 hrs then the next day then this friday etc and so it went on for weeks untill i was getting desperate phoning the daily they sent wrong paperwork etc does this sound familiar or was it just me. last minute they changed the loan deal, Knowing i was depending on the loan. Hook Line & sinker comes to mind.
              please post a reply or contact me.

Comment

You are doing the right thing keep everything in writing or email. This sham outfit does not like it, they prefer to use the phone, so that you have no copy of anything said or agreed. Do not give your phone number. If their reply to your letter is, phone us or phone a certain person, do not! they are less likely to threaton in writing so email or write. good luck Also legal advice at any level, even if its a free consultation from a solicitor.

Comment

HI...I also have been robbed by this outfit.took out loan in 2004 for 25000.they repossessed our property in feb this yr and have added 13k interest and 13k in charges..including a 1 off charge for 4k solicitos fees in 2009 despite being unable to give us a breakdown or it.

They have now, after myself requesting charge list etc, offered a 8.9k refund but it doesnt include all phone charges or all letters..just highlighted random charges,nor does it include the 4k solicitors charge in 2009. please could someone look at this and advise please?

Comment

You need to get a final response from Blemain stating that they wont refund then you can take this to the FOS for a complaint and adjudication. If you have this go straight on to the FOS site complaints section and lodge that complaint it may take several months but you should get a result as the charges are out of proportion. You may not get back solicitor fees but overcharging of their charges is not acceptable.

Originally posted by jubaxt View Post
                    HI...I also have been robbed by this outfit.took out loan in 2004 for 25000.they repossessed our property in feb this yr and have added 13k interest and 13k in charges..including a 1 off charge for 4k solicitos fees in 2009 despite being unable to give us a breakdown or it.

They have now, after myself requesting charge list etc, offered a 8.9k refund but it doesnt include all phone charges or all letters..just highlighted random charges,nor does it include the 4k solicitors charge in 2009. please could someone look at this and advise please?

Comment

this company has take house insurance out on my home! can they do that?

Comment

Originally posted by scorcherrosie2000 View Post
                        this company has take house insurance out on my home! can they do that?
                        ok took loan out in 2004ish, by 2007 i suffered a stroke the same time as i was being taken to court for my house! it was deemed to be uninforcable and throw out off court: may i add that the whole of Blemains solicitors at the time was sack!! over this. i was also told at time ,they had NO more interest in my property. then, since january20011 i start to get statements from blemain and they have now added on building insurance on to statements. as i thought it was all finished in courts, i have now had to seek a new solicitor to find out where i stand.any ideas on that please.

Comment

Hi SR, did you provide a copy each year of your buildings insurance to Blemain and if you did have you got proof of deliver I.E. email or recordded delivery??
                          G

Comment

NO i never sent any copies of anything to blemain, and because i would not provide them with this they took it out them selfs. they now appear on my mortgage statments under interested party!

Comment

It probably states in your agreement that if you do not supply proof of insurance cover they can insure and charge you for it. They are named as an interested party on your mortgage because they hold a charge over your home.
                              G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                                It probably states in your agreement that if you do not supply proof of insurance cover they can insure and charge you for it. They are named as an interested party on your mortgage because they hold a charge over your home.
                                G
                                thank you will keep you up dated :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X