• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hells fight with mbna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hells fight with mbna

Thought I'd best start a thread on the most stupidest creditors I have ever meet.

Stort story, I had been defaulted with them and have made payment with payplan for 12months.

As everybody knows they harassed me morning, noon and night. First the Indian call centre and then they send it the heavy Irish mobsters.

I sent a sar and a ca request. got the sar on the 41st day, but have never recieved the ca. so in criminal default. Stopped payment to them.

They meanwhile sold the debt to Eqidebt who are after me for the money, have had a couple of running with ed regarding the ca. So eventually ca them and have had a couple of responses, stating they will postpone recovery action till they get the ca from mbna. Very nice I think.

Work out the penalty charges from mnba and wrote to them asking for them back, plus contractual interest.

!st response, they offer £97.00 Wrote back want more
    2nd response they gave a further £127.00 Wrote back that I wanted the contractual interest.
    3rd response, they have agreed, but do not agree with my complaint, due to the oft blah blah yawn yawn. it truely gets a bit boring after a while.

Now in my last year I again reminded them that they were in criminal default with the credit agreement

And as if by magic, they have sent a recent statement of account, showing £49.05 in credit, recent terms and conditions not pertaining to 1994, and a brand new freshly printed credit agreement, with no bleeding reference to me, it could apply to anyone, no name, no date, no signatures, certain information running to 3 pages long ( with info regarding penalty charges £12 yes £12. I could have typed it up myself and prinited it off.

Come to think of it I will type one up and send it to mbna stating they owe me money. At least a million.

Re: hells fight with mbna

Give em hell, Hell.

I thought Natwest's solicitors were stupid but not as bad as this lot. My OH has an mbna card, don't think he's ever had much in the way of charges but I'm thinking of having a look at it - might be fun!
    Is no longer here

Comment

Hello Update,

Have asked them to return the money they state they do not have, and again they state they do not have it. They have sent me their final response and will not enter into any further correspondence with me.

I have written back stating that I do not accept their final response and the account is still in legal dispute.

Comment

Hiya hell.

How much do you owe them? and how much would a claim be for with and without the contractual interest?????

Comment

Thanks Phoe,

Started reading this and was going to ask exactly the same questions as I have one or two or three account to settle with MBNA when I finally get round to it.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hello Tools and Phoebe,

Thanks for your interest, I think the debt was around £8,000 when they ???? sold it to Equidebt. I have not heard from Equidebt since I cca them and they are well in crimimal default. I am sure it will rear its ugly head again. I am in the postion now of deciding what to do with Equidebt, leave it alone, or give them a poke with a stick.

Issues with the mbna
            Breach of the dpa
            Breach of the cca
            Breach of the oft debt collection guidence.

They also deny that they have a payment made to them after they sold the debt, and won't give it back.

Comment

Hi

I've got 2 numbers for you

Bill Wareing 01244 672 348 for when the court claim has been raised

Colin Pugh 01244 672 989 for DPA requests

Give colin a call first and if no joy ring Bill (William) he is very helpful and will give Colin a poke if needed.

In form them you WILL issue a report to Trading Standards and FSA for failure to supply copy of original agreement, although I believe it does not need to contain your signature anyway, more nonsense laws.

We could with information on your claim amount, this way we can assist you further.

Comment

Originally posted by hellhasnofury View Post
                Hello Tools and Phoebe,

Thanks for your interest, I think the debt was around £8,000 when they ???? sold it to Equidebt. I have not heard from Equidebt since I cca them and they are well in crimimal default. I am sure it will rear its ugly head again. I am in the postion now of deciding what to do with Equidebt, leave it alone, or give them a poke with a stick.

Issues with the mbna
                Breach of the dpa
                Breach of the cca
                Breach of the oft debt collection guidence.

They also deny that they have a payment made to them after they sold the debt, and won't give it back.

Yooo Hoooo

hiya hell.......

nice to see you

Dave

Comment

Hiya Dave,

Nice to see you over here too:carrot:

Comment

Oh well, time moves on and yes you are right, nothing from MBNA (I feel so hurt) and off course nothing from Equidebt.

I decided to sent MNB asswipes another S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), to get all the new info. I receive everything apart from the alleged credit agreement (they cannot enclose it). well there's a first, anybody else had this problem with them lol

What was extremely interesting, they sent me all transcripts, phone call logs for every date and time they harassed me. The hold log of harassment calls.:roll:

There is even mention of my daughter's name, address and telephone no This is her personal data they have on their system and she is not even a customer of theirs. Breach of the data protection act???? Can she seek recompence for their actions?????

At least it will give me something else to add to my complaint regarding their despicable conduct and breaches of consumer legislation:rolleyes:

Comment

Been rather idle to say the least, but have now given the dca a big poke, so will wait and see. Another big poke going out on Monday:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Going through bank statements from 1993. I noticed that this account was originally with robert fleming & co and we all know what happened there:tung:

This I realised( bit slow I know) is when mbna reared its head, the took over the account and that is why they cannot produce the ca, because I never signed one with them:tung:

Comment

Well, you keep us hanging for tooo long, lol. Can you tell me more about Fleming and Co.?

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                          Well, you keep us hanging for tooo long, lol. Can you tell me more about Fleming and Co.?
                          Hey cheeky, can't keep up with you and your name changes:tung: Are you a libra per chance

Didn't they go bankcrupt and then is when my account was administered by the delightful mbna and that is why mbna do not have any credit agreements for these accounts, because I never signed one.

Comment

Yourbank is temporarily unusable at my request so NWSM is here MSE and TSR, Nattie is CCS and Natty is PC(simple enough I think!!).
                            Good luck hells.

Comment

Well Well Well,

There has been letters flying to and fro between myself and Equidebt.

They have done the debt is not void and remains outstanding etc and will not remove the default etc etc.

They offered to settle for a quarter of the alleged amount and mark the default and settled

Wrote a strong letter back attaching a statutory section 10 under the Data Protection Act.

Received a letter today stating in summary,

We have closed our files. You should not hear from us again and we have requested your credit file is amended and the default is removed.

Wonder how I will respond to that one

Thank you for your letter:christmaswindow:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X