• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 75 Chargeback on Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by henrygregory View Post

Thanks for your help. I think it is utterely ridiculous that HSBC are asking me to again contact the company I have had repeated issues getting responses from hence the sec 75 chargeback claim in the first place. I have emailed HP twice since your post and nothing.
    What a situation to be left in.
    You could contact Visa / Mastercard directly, explain that the bank and merchant are being 'unhelpful'. See if they can help.
    From recollection, they have online chat facility.

Comment

I have sent three emails to HP, no replies as always.

Comment

Originally posted by henrygregory View Post
        I have sent three emails to HP, no replies as always.
        contact Visa / Mastercard directly

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

contact Visa / Mastercard directly
          Thanks, sorry I missed your other posting about that as it had gone onto a new page. Will keep you posted.

Comment

I have had through an unhelpful response from Mastercard:
            Sorry to read. Please note, Mastercard’s chargeback process is for banks to make use of on behalf of consumer cardholders and the shops and businesses they represent, in settling a dispute. We (Mastercard) do not maintain cardholder account data as we are the technology and network providers for banks and financial institutions. We do occasionally make changes to our chargeback rules and it’s for our banking partners to follow them. On this basis, Mastercard can't give a clear view on cases with limited information, they must go through the chargeback process, and your bank will represent your interest in the disputed transaction. Please contact the bank/issuer of your card for assistance. Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Comment

Write a letter of Complaint, tell them HSBC are asking for reports that don't exist because it's never been fixed by an engineer.

Michael Miebach
              President and CEO
              Mastercard
              Michael.Miebach@mastercard.com

Comment

My advice is not to rely on the FOS. based on my experience. The FOS investigator took 6 months carrying out a thorough investigation and decided the trader had breached the contract. The ccc asked the Ombudsman to re-investigate the claim and without any further info from the ccc disagreed with the case investigator.
                Apparently you can make a court claim at the same time your case is with the FOS. If your claim is under £10k it is likely to be allocated to the small claims track.

Comment

Thank you, very useful to know. I am really angry at the hoops I have had to jump through regarding this entire matter when I am the one who is out of pocket here and I have not done anything wrong.

I contacted Mastercard and just had the following back through. I included to Mastercard, evidence of the four times I have chased HP for a report in the past 12 days. I have onceagain been ignored four times by HP.

I am writing to you regarding the executive escalation that you sent regarding your John Lewis Finance card. My name is Mary and I am with the Mastercard Escalation team that handles support requests on behalf of our Executive team. Thank you for the recent correspondence. I am sorry to learn about your disappointment on this occasion.

Please be advised that Mastercard does not maintain or have access to cardholder account data. We serve as the technology provider harnessing our processing network to issuing and acquiring banks, who in turn support cardholders directly in managing their accounts.

I would like to reassure you that I have escalated this matter and your dissatisfaction to our contacts at John Lewis Finance and requested that your case is investigated and that a representative should reach out to you directly to assist you further.

I will update you as soon as I have further information to share. If you have any further questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X