• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before Claim - Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter before Claim - Lowell

Evening Beagles,

I have received a County Court Claim letter from Lowell Portfolio I Limited (I have submitted my AOS in the portal today giving me more time to defend this as this is a date older then 6 years) but I am wondering if they should have sent me a Letter before Claim and in a certain format? I don't recall receiving anything like what I google. I am going to send a CCA letter and SAR request but not sure if I should send a CPR letter.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

To update, I have a CCA letter drafted which I will print 2 copies; 1 to go to Lowell Portfolio and another copy version to go to Lowell Solicitors, a CPR letter drafted to go to the Lowell Sols along with the copy CCA letter and a SAR request that I will send to Vanquis. I am just not sure if Lowell Portfolio / Lowell Sols should have sent me a LbC letter?

Thanks

Comment

If anyone will see and reply to this thread, I have today filed Defence as Lowell I am getting the feeling are sneaky and wont play by the rules. I sent my CCA, CPR and SAR. I received 1 letter back of Notice of Claim but this was after I had sent them the CCA so not sure that they have followed the guide there, that is to be sent to me before it gets this far?!

I received another letter today, stating initially, on what date I entered in to the agreement with Vanquis, my address at the time and email address on file. They confirm they have received my AOS to ensure that i respond to the claim as I deem appropriate within the timescales....oh i'm sure they have my best interests at heart! They state that they have requested a copy of the Agreement and Statement but I am to be advised that they are unable to control the timeframe in which this may take, that shall contact me promptly. They provided me with the notice of assignment which I do'nt ever remember seeing, plus I keep anything important such as that. They have 12 days in order to provide me with a copy of the agreement, don't they? Do I respond to them to re-confirm this or leave the days to elapse?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

If you in a court case then you must keep to the court timetable. In your defence mention the lack of CCA.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I have complied with my dates as per the court letter but the CCA letter says that they have to respond within 12 days yet they have not, does this mean they have breached any legal guidelines? Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X